Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Monday, July 13th

Thanks for the idea, snicks - I haven't had sloppy Joes in ages; I've been trying to think of what I can make that I haven't had in a while and those are quick and easy.

I called Amazon and they were very nice - they're sending out another case of cat food via overnight and I don't have to return the one with the crushed cans.  I think only 2-3 cans are broken, so when I take the box out to the trash, it would be worthwhile to hose it down and "rescue" the other 20+ cans. 

I remembered that I have the coupons for free rotisserie chicken, cupcakes, and salsa at Sam's which have to be used in the next couple of weeks, so maybe I'll take a ride out there and redeem them before I forget. The trick will be getting in the car without the dogs....  Cat Tongue

Trusted Contributor

Linda L since I have all hardwood floors,except in the bathrooms where there is tile I use the Murphy's oil soap floor cleanner on them.....just squirt and wet mop...it leaves the floors shinny etc. I haven't used the other kind that you mix with water and clean. dory that your Curves is closing since I know you enjoy going so much.
Honored Contributor

Swinging back around to say hi to Marijane

Twinny - still no rain by me yet

LindaL - sorry the oven woke you up and even sorrier that your Curves has closed.

Arlene - sounds like you really cleaned up with the books.  Many people will benefit from your efforts.   Do you think the pet food that didn't explode is still okay?  Watch for any bulging lids.

Snicks - you are in my thoughts and I hope the roots of your tooth let go without a big fight. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I know that it is late, but some of you don't have FB, and I wanted to share some wonderful news from Jean's Facebook --

The news is that the bladder cancer has not returned PTL!!. I was able to watch on the screen Dr. Mendoza exploring the inside of the bladder and see what it looked like as he told me what I was seeing. . I will go back in January for the scope exploration to be done again.

God is good.

Respected Contributor

Hello friends! You all are the sweetest bunch of ladies on earth!! Jean, So happy to read your good news. Twinny so sorry to hear about continued issues with Mom's eyes and your bad storms. Bernie, i loved reading about your birds; they sound so sweet. Linda, glad it was just a new battery for DD. It's to bad about Curves. I find it hard to do the gym anymore and have not been motivated to do boot camp. I'm not sure why.
Respected Contributor

Marijane, when i cleaned houses i used the murphys that had to be mixed and never liked it. I guess that was the old days and they have a better one now. I . Would love hard wood floors.

The dentist got me in and got right to it. He didn't numb me enough and i cried in the chair. That was kind of awful. I always have to ask for more novacaine and after i cried he said he thought it was to inflamed that we better come back in 2 weeks. He gave me some pills and it should feel better as soon as the antibiotics kick in. What hurts the most is the price, but i guess i should be grateful we have insurance.

Meet a friend for lunch and that was really nice. Not much else going on in my life. I have an interview at my old job next tues in the school office instead of maintenance. I'm just really trying to leave job results up to God and do my part. Hugs to all!
Honored Contributor

LindaL, thank you for relaying the great news. I am so happy for you Jean.
Honored Contributor

Kathleen, what a rotten thing for that dentist to do to you. Are you having a root canal? Watch for any pressure build up or pain.
Respected Contributor

Snicks, i can get by on a few hours sleep for a long time but eventually i crash and burn. When that happens it's very bad. I've got a rx for an antihistamine to help me sleep and i take it about 2x a week and it helps. Dhs OTC meds don't do much for me. I hope your extraction goes well. I can't believe how much I've spent on this one tooth. Then they say there is always a chance that it can't be saved and the thought just makes me sick to my stomach.
Respected Contributor

Yes it's a root canal. DD said the same thing. I'm not sure why he didn't understand the first time that i could feel it. He packed it with medicine - I've had to do it in 2 visits before.