Honored Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT - Monday, February 19th

Hello shopping friends.  I'm onsite today and the fog is so thick that I can't see Windsor Ontario across the river.  If I heard it correctly, we are going to get rain, lots of it, that might cause some flooding.  Let's hope not.

I see that American West has the QVC2 TSV.  I like the bracelet offered however I doubt I will buy it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Monday, February 19th

@Bird mama.  Check out "items recently aired" for this morning's show on QVC (not Q2).  They had some nice things.  They had braided leather toggle necklaces in a bunch of colors.  I like them for pendants.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama@Kachina624

The red coral and turquoise flower cuff is so gosh-darn gorgeous ...

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. I remember Windsor, Canada well. I was in Detroit for a National Education Association meeting. Our state's delegates were assigned to a hotel in Windsor. Some of us had to go up early for a special pre-conference meeting. The hotel had a great buffet. Guess what? The day the rest of the crowd arrived, the price of the buffet went up $2. 

I haven't seen the jewelry but I'm sure it is nice. I went to the city today to meet my niece for lunch as our schedules rarely agree, and also to pick up our UK currency. On the way back, I stopped at the drug store and picked up my meds that were being refilled.

Midnight has bought his birthday gift for me early. Last week, I was killing time and was pricing diamond hoops in JCP totally aware that the quality would not be excellent for the price. They quoted me the price for the one quarter carat size and also the half carat size. I decided to pass. Today, I took another look. I just think it is interesting that the price after Valentine's Day was lower.

I haven't indulged in jewelry for some time, so I came home with a pair of half carat diamond earrings that look far more expensive than what I paid. The price for the half carat? I paid what I was quoted for the one quarter carat last week.

I'm an April baby so Midnight got me a birthstone he could afford. I have a pair of quality one quarter carat earrings from a jewlery store, and to the naked eye you can't see the difference. I know the loop will show it but that is ok with me; I love the way the ones I got today look.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SoX cuffs hurt my wrists - saves me money, lol

@Kachina624I'll check out the leather cords.

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat  there is always some kind of mark up on jewelry prior to Valentine's Day, Mother's Day and Christmas :-)

You can get some nice jewelry at JCP (I would know, lol).  I hope that you wear your new diamond earrings in good health.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Hope you enjoy any jewelry you purchase.  I liked the T-shirts and belts you purchased the other day.  They should be practical when you are retired, and never go out of style.

Although i didn't have as many issues with my Mom as you did with yours, I certainly had my trials with her and the doctor and hospital.  Good thing our Mom's had strong advocates or things would have been much worse.  That is my aim with DH as well.

Glad you had a chance to get together with your niece and Midnight found such a nice birthday present for you, Jean.

Update on my rant from yesterday.  DH was better when I went yesterday afternoon and better still this morning.  After much contemplation, I asked for a meeting with the director and deputy director this morning.  I think I pretty calmly stated what had happened, and the assistant director said the caregiver had called her 10 minutes before she called me, and apparently had already called the rescue squad by the time the deputy director called back (she was asleep as well.)  The deputy director told her that she should not call the paramedics for hospice cases, and she said she just panicked.  That was sort of my opening.  I said that I understood that she had panicked, but this was the second incident with her this year, and it was only February.  I said that I simply did not trust her to take care of DH, and I would like her re-assigned to another "house" (they have eight "houses" there).  The director had to step out for a moment, but the deputy director said they should be able to do so.  This caregiver only works two nights a week.

I contacted the regular hospice nurse to see when she was coming, and she said after 2:00 p.m., so I visited with DH, fed him lunch, etc., and then went to the store and had lunch before I returned.  The nurse was not happy about the caregiver, and I think she agreed with me about her being re-assigned.  Hope she doesn't do any damage to other residents if they keep her on, but I just can't worry about it.

As far as the telephone goes, I am still thinking about it.  I found I can order (on Amazon) one new phone (to go with the two I have) for $35 or so, or I can order a whole new set (three phones) for $77.00.  I keep going back and forth on the issue, but I'm pretty sure I'll buy one or the other.

It is very windy and pretty cool here today, and I haven't done much outside walking.  I did go to "strong bones" class and did some indoor walking, however.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte  You handled it like a lady Linda.  I'm glad that your beloved was doing better today.  Have they transitioned him to semi-solid food yet?  

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, but I think some of the caregivers are still doing the puree.  I have to keep reminding the of the new "orders".   I have faithfully been giving him a soft cookie every day.  And, he is happy about that treat.