Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT - Monday 12/21

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

I was gone all yesterday so just catching up now.  Hope everyone got thru yesterday, I know a few are having challenges. 

Inwas going to say no TSV for me but, I have no idea what is is today, I wil have to go and check when I am done.  I know I sound like a Grinch, but is it Jan. 2nd yet.  

Not much going on around here today, I may venture to Costco in a few minutes to see what they have.  I also need to reup my membership, we will see what ai decide to do. 

What is everyone up to today?  Have a good morning everyone.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Monday 12/21

Good morning all.

Thanks PAlady for starting the thread this morning.

Hope everyone is having a good day today. I have no idea what the TSV is today either and probably won't bother to check. I don't have a Costco near me, so have never checked it out. We have a Sam's Club about an hour away that I had a membership to, but am not renewing as I just don't go there.

We had a wonderful day yesterday, lots of laughs, hugs, smiles, good food, and just plain family fun. It was well worth the extra work and effort. Had 15 here plus an extra little dog (my dog was not all that happy with the extra dog, lol, but they learned to get along). Everyone is gone now, the road crew is back at work this morning, my dog is exhausted from all the activity and the house is not in too bad of shape. Got some extra bedding to launder, floors to vacuum and some extra dishes still to take care of in the kitchen (most were taken care of last night by my daughter), then I will be relaxing for the rest of the day.

Better get to it...so I can chill out in a little while, lol. Waves to everyone......

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Good Morning Susan, thanks for starting the thread today.

I never did go grocery shopping yesterday.  Because the Meijer not far from me (seriously not even 2 miles, lol) is open 24 hours, I didn't even have timing as an excuse.

I brought my shopping list to work with me and might hit the health and beauty/merchanidse side of the store today on the way home and then hit the grocery side of the store tomorrow.

I think I just don't want to deal with crowds right now.

Snicks - did you have the kids there for a full weekend or just one day?  Well, if nothing else you have everything organized for your next round of visitors :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

My older grandson (I have two) is involved in the music programs at his high school and my daughter and I are going to the Christmas concert this evening.  He is a Senior and is in band and chorus so I'm sure it will be delightful!  The school is new so the auditorium is equipped with all the new technology for wonderful sound. I can't wait!

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone, I hope that this Christmas week is a blessing to all.  Snicks - your family get together sounds like it was wonderful.  I'm so glad it went well.  Bernie - that's funny that you only shopped half the store.  Honestly, I don't like crowds either, so I get what you mean.  NanaLinda - your DGC's programs sound nice, hope they go smoothly and are enjoyed by all.

A few days ago my 4 month old laptop slid off the bed and landed on the side where the cord was plugged in.  Yesterday my DH and I bought a new cord, but when I tried it out last night it didn't work.  So now I'm going to have to have the laptop itself repaired.  I'm dreading having to do that.  I bought a little gift for my sister for Christmas and now I can't find it.  My son has been disrespectful and frankly, disappointing to me.  The puppy had another accident last night.  We were buying scrip at church yesterday, and the lady said she had to go get more of a certain type and said she'd be right back.  We waited half an hour and then realized that she wasn't coming back.  Now we'll have to drive back to church to pick up the missing scrip (she did make a note on the form that she owed us one.)  Oh, and after a year of being menopausal, my body decided that it wasn't menopausal after all, if you know what I mean.  Not that unusual for my age, but I felt kind-of yucky this past week.  Then my sister-in-law stopped by yesterday and my DH kind-of threw me under the bus by asking me where our card for her was (meaning a card with money enclosed).  I had already told him that I hadn't even begun to do Christmas cards so it irritated me that he put me on the spot like that.  Besides, it's HIS family we're talking about, maybe he should be preparing the card.  Accompanying my SIL was her son's new girlfriend.  She looks like a tweeker.  Meaning, she looks like she's on meth which is a big problem in this area.  My in-laws are a rather sad lot.

Sorry for the complaining.  Sometimes that's how I get to feeling during the holidays.  The stress of it all starts to get to me.  In an hour my DD and I are going to my Mom's house to bake cookies.  It's be half-fun and half-chore.  My Mom, bless her heart, has slowed down tremendously over the past few years.  My DD and I can make 5 types of cookies and candy in the same time my Mom makes 1 batch of cookies.  But we make it work.  

Hope you all have a good day!   Charlene

Honored Contributor

@cerb

Oh Charlene, sometimes the holidays bring out the worst in people and it sounds like you have some in your life that are getting on your last nerve.

I am so very sorry that you are not as menopausal and you'd hoped. 

I had the whole 9 yards removed in December 2007 (I was 45) and honestly I've never looked back.  No more back pain, no more swelling like I was 4 months pregnant, no more walking around as white as a sheet of paper from darn near hemorraghing.

What is scrip? 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Scrip is shorthand for a prescription!. I have learned to check before I leave the store---One time they gave me the wrong strength--I knew it wasn't correct and the pharmasist wasn't happy but I was standing my ground.  I know they are incredibly busy---I know mistakes can be made.

Cerb:  This can  be a tough time of year---hugs to you.  Sorry your son is being difficult. 

Bernie:  Oh I understand just getting one side of the store!.

Yesterday, I went to services.  Later I went back to town and joined them for caroling.  Started out at the nursing home and then made a few stops as members homes.  Finally went to the home of a lady at church who just built a new home.  It was in the country---so peaceful and quiet.  It was absolutely beautiful.  She is a talented seamstress---has a gorgeous sewing room.  Huge closet to hang the items in she is working on.  Across the hall is her music room---baby grand.  beautiful shade of blue---gifted musician also. 

She and her husband just celebrated their 49th.  They had pictures but no professional ones.  Her son had taken pictures (slides) and did a lovely booklet of their pictures.  Even though their wedding was in December she said her DH wanted the attendants to wear yellow---it was a beautiful gift.

After everyone left I stayed and visited for a while.  Her husband is very hard of hearing---but he was telling me about various special pieces in their home. 

This morning I woke up with a raging headache.  Weather is very warm.

Super Contributor

@cerb wrote:

Hi everyone, I hope that this Christmas week is a blessing to all.  Snicks - your family get together sounds like it was wonderful.  I'm so glad it went well.  Bernie - that's funny that you only shopped half the store.  Honestly, I don't like crowds either, so I get what you mean.  NanaLinda - your DGC's programs sound nice, hope they go smoothly and are enjoyed by all.

A few days ago my 4 month old laptop slid off the bed and landed on the side where the cord was plugged in.  Yesterday my DH and I bought a new cord, but when I tried it out last night it didn't work.  So now I'm going to have to have the laptop itself repaired.  I'm dreading having to do that.  I bought a little gift for my sister for Christmas and now I can't find it.  My son has been disrespectful and frankly, disappointing to me.  The puppy had another accident last night.  We were buying scrip at church yesterday, and the lady said she had to go get more of a certain type and said she'd be right back.  We waited half an hour and then realized that she wasn't coming back.  Now we'll have to drive back to church to pick up the missing scrip (she did make a note on the form that she owed us one.)  Oh, and after a year of being menopausal, my body decided that it wasn't menopausal after all, if you know what I mean.  Not that unusual for my age, but I felt kind-of yucky this past week.  Then my sister-in-law stopped by yesterday and my DH kind-of threw me under the bus by asking me where our card for her was (meaning a card with money enclosed).  I had already told him that I hadn't even begun to do Christmas cards so it irritated me that he put me on the spot like that.  Besides, it's HIS family we're talking about, maybe he should be preparing the card.  Accompanying my SIL was her son's new girlfriend.  She looks like a tweeker.  Meaning, she looks like she's on meth which is a big problem in this area.  My in-laws are a rather sad lot.

Sorry for the complaining.  Sometimes that's how I get to feeling during the holidays.  The stress of it all starts to get to me.  In an hour my DD and I are going to my Mom's house to bake cookies.  It's be half-fun and half-chore.  My Mom, bless her heart, has slowed down tremendously over the past few years.  My DD and I can make 5 types of cookies and candy in the same time my Mom makes 1 batch of cookies.  But we make it work.  

Hope you all have a good day!   Charlene

Charlene,

The stress of all the extra holiday expectations can really get to us.Please enjoy the cookie making with your mom and have an understanding heart with her slowness..............I lost my mom 2 years ago at 94 and we loved to bake holiday goodies together. I would give anything in the world to spend time with her now. Jenniferjuniper

Respected Contributor

Snickls:  sounds like you had a lovely family visit.  Yes, I know you dog wasn't happy!! 

Nana:  Oh what a lovely event to attend.  Enjoy is. 

Respected Contributor

Bernie:  Loved the pic of the babies.  You were truly their mom. 

LindaL:  Hugs to you dear lady