Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT - Monday 11/16

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Not much going on here today, the dinner was a success last night.  It is always to get together with these friends.  Of courses we sit down and are eating and DH realizes we forgot to make the salad, so now I have plenty of salad stuff in the fridg.  Guess what we are eating alot of this week.

Jean -  Hope the sleep study went well. 

LindaR -  Too bad no one else will volunteer to help you ladies.  It is sad that people want stuff done, but just don't to help.

Well, need to get moving, have a dentist appt. today, someday when I am on the other computer (like the key board better), I will explain the extensive dental stuff I have to have done for my TMD ( it is one step above TMJ).

Hope everyone has a great morning. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Monday 11/16

Good morning to all. Thanks to PAlady for starting the thread today. Sorry you are having the dental issues. So nice to have dinner with friends. I sometimes forget to put something out also. Duh, lol.

I did read the thread yesterday, but had a busy tiring day and did not post. So sorry for the ones having such sad issues with loved ones, or themselves. My very best wishes go out to all of you.

Rainy day here and forecast for tomorrow also. So, I need to get some inside things done, although I will admit to feeling rather lazy today and may not do a ton.

Hope everyone has a great day, waves.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

SUSAN, It never fails that when I have a nice dinner party here I forget something only to discover it either late that night or even the next day.  At mom's birthday party in October, I forgot the black olive which all of the kids except my 3 DGC love, love, love.  My DH hates them so he wouldn't miss them anyway.  Last night at dinner, my DH lost a small piece of tooth so that will need to be taken care of soon.    The good thing is that we both need our 6 month cleaning.  SNICKS, It is another nice upper 50's day today with heavy rain for tomrrow.  One good thing about bad weather is that it makes me want to clean house as it is too hot for me to do a real thorough cleaning in the summertime.   I called the care facility that we would like to get mom into at 8:00.  Here it is 2 hours later & I am still waiting.  The next 2 phone calls can't be done until the first one is completed.  So many unknowns right now that I am taking it easy & doing it one day at a time & letting the Lord lead the way.   Gayle, I remember when you were dealing with your mom & some difficult issues.  My mom is dangerous with a phone handy.  We set her up with lifeline & she canceled it as she didn't need it so it wasted her $$$, then sge gad a very nice gal come in for an hour ech a.m. to help out.  Next thing we know this gal comes one hour each Saturday.  Next thing we knows she stopped her from coming altogether.

Respected Contributor

Oh no dental issues---I have had my share.  I was not blessed with good teeth--have had to have expensive/extensive work over the years.  I do understand.

Twinny:  oh yes, your Mom is a very independent lady and doesn't understand that she will undo what you think it best.  Prayers for you and of course LindaL as she is dealing with her Dh and his issues.  One of my pew sisters shared that her DH had gone to another town (where he had gone many times) and couldn't remember how to get back home.  So incredibly difficult to say the least. 

Ah yes I have also forgotten to put items out!..  Very frustrating. 

My friend shared that she will have abulation over the Christmas holidays.  She doesn't like taking the meds---hopefully it will be a success.  She is totally opposite of me.  I take meds only when necessary---she expects a scrpt for anything!!!

The weatherman is predicting weather beginning this evening and lasting until about noon tomorrow.  I guess we will have to hang on to our hats---this El Nino has been a real event already.  When I went into the City on Saturday I traveled past where the flooding had closed the highway.  There was still a lot of debris on the median fence.  Including a door---and other items. 

I see it is Clarisonic day---I know many people have it and enjoy it.  New patters to entince!

Kathleen:  My FB had one of those ads that popup.  It was a purple lace dress--thought of you---it would look stunning on you.  Know you are looking forward to your trip.  Is you Mom dog sitting for you?

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. Glad the dinner went well except for the forgotten salad. Good luck with the dental appointment.

Snicks--Sorry about the rain but there is always things to do inside. It will give you a break for all that yard work.

Twinny--Good luck with the phone calls It seems like an easy process until you deal with those who are not available, the phone is busy, a message is taken but not returned, etc. It is frustrating when you need to proceed to the next step but can't.

LindaR--I also was not blessed with good teeth despite all the great brushing, cleaning, etc. It does take a long time for the effects of a flood to go away.  There is an area I pass in which a few objects can still be seen in the tree limbs.

I'm home from the sleep study.They made me go to bed at 10pm, when I'm normally a Midnight person. Needless to say,  I didn't go to sleep on their schedule.  I just shampoo'd the remaining gunk off my scalp that they couldn't remove. They said I might have "dandruff" or flakes from it for a few days. While gone, I received six calls to sub from the sub calling system. Had I been sitting at home doing little, I would not have received a call.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

I think it would be difficult to sleep under those conditions.  Hopefully you will get  some positive results.  I know a number of people who have Cpap machines.  Not necessarily a recommendation for you---but hopefully it either rules it out or in.

Honored Contributor

Hello all, it's a lovely weather day (sun, 60's) here.  The rain is coming our way as are the lower temps.  I think we might see more snow showers or flurries this weekend.

I don't cook enough these days to forget anything, lol.

Jean, which movie did you see?  I think the only way I could do a sleep study was if they allowed me to have a Xanax beforehand, which would defeat the purpose of the study. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

LindaR--They never thought I had sleep apnea. This is being done to see how sleep might be affecting the AFib. The 3 weeks of heart monitoring suggesteda possibility of a sleep issue either influencing the AFib at times, or the AFib causing the sleep issue. There is a second appointment scheduled just in case sleep apnea was an issue.

They also scheduled me automatically to see the neurologist on December 30 to go over the results of the sleep tests. It just happened to be the same day of the electrophysiologist(cardiac) appointment in the capital city in the opposite direction. Today, I managed to get that changed to the 31st but I was squeezed in at a Noon appointment.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Oh no, the Q added a new Denim & Co blazer to the line up that is just my style :-(

Denim & Co. Button Front Blazer with Faux Leather Collar - A271593

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--I actually  killed time by seeing two movies. I got there in time to see "Bridge of Spies." It ended in time for me to go to the bathroom and then see "Spectre." Of the two movies, Ilked "Bridge of Spies" better. It was fascinating to watch the behind the scenes exchange of the Russian spy Abel for Francis Gary Powers, the U2 pilot shot down over Russia. I remember that as I was old enough to remember the cold war fear and this incident.

I like the Denim & Co. blazer. I have a weakness for blazers.  I just got a Dennis Basso faux leather one so I need to resist. I like the DB one simply because the sleeves can be folded back as the sleeve is split at the wrist.

I saw a presentation of the WEN 613 Hair and Style gift box presentation. It contains 16 oz size of 613 cleanser plus mousse and styling cream for $59+. Sounds good except you can get the same products but get 32oz of 613 plus the mousse and styling creme for only $10 more. Would you rather have twice the amount of cleanser for $10 or the purty boxed set. As expensiveas 613 is, paying only $10 more gets twice the amount of cleanser. You can also get the $69+ set on AD.