Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Been awake since 4:00 and up moving around since 5:00, I did get the floors swept and the clothes ironed and put away though.  Now I have to admit I am ready for a nap. 

Not much going on here today I have a return to go to the post office and change to take to the bank to be counted.  I love their coin counter, saves me a lot of time and not having to make sure have wrappers.

What is everyone up to today?   Have a good morning.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - May 3rd

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. Great minds think alike. I had checked and didn't see the thread so I also started composing one. I have a habit of always checking again before I hit submit. I also have a bunch of change to take to the bank at some point  as I save and wrap it. I never pay with change. I always break a bill on a small purchase and then put the change in my coin sorter I've had for years. It is amazing how much this will add up after a few weeks.

This is what I had planned to post:

Good morning, shopping friends. We are having another rainy day; this is getting old. I'm not working today so right now I am relaxing and having coffee while watching the TSV presentation. This is one item that I definitely will not consider as i have short hair.

Right now, I am hoping to find motivation to do some needed things around the house. The problem is that I am tired and could really enjoy just relaxing but that won't get the succulents planted, etc.

For you that like to cook healthy and enjoy turkey, this is a slow cooker method of preparing turkey breast. http://pocketchangegourmet.com/slow-cooker-turkey-breast/#_a5y_p=2360775.

As an Amazon prime member, I get one free book each month under the Kindle First program. This is basically a way, members can get a free book before Amazon launches the book for sale...and it is a way for the book to get reviews for its launch. I got a mystery this month which I downloaded this morning. It will sell for $5.99 when launched. I try to get my Prime membership's full benefits to justify the cost.

I'm looking at the pile of clothes destined for donation. Basically I have not worn them in the past year despite liking them when I purchased them. I did wear them after purchase, but I also like some new things so these went unused last year. Someone will get some clothes in excellent condition. As far as new things go, I have my updated crops and capris for the summer as I didn't purchase any last year. As a result, I don't see new fashion coming my way unless it might be some tops on sale.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely one day at a time.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started Susan and Jean.  You certainly got up early, Susan.  But, it seems like you took full advantage of the time to get things cleaned, etc.  Unlike you and Jean, I use my change to pay for things, so I really don't accumulate enough change to take to the bank to be counted.  

Sounds like you had a strange day at work yesterday Jean.  Sorry they didn't call you to work today, but it is probably a good idea to have some days off so that you can do things around the house and hopefully relax a bit.

It is sunny here today, and we are expecting temperatures in the low 90's.  I know this is your kind of weather, Jean.  And, I really like it as well.

Waves to Kathleen (good luck with the job search), Arlene (glad Mark finally got some of the work done), twinny, Bernie, snicks, Esse, Marijane, Charlene, Rosa, Karen (good to see you posting), LindaR, pinky ann, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

My physical was interesting.  Either this practice or possibly Medicare has started asking many more questions than in the past.  Since I have experience taking DH to the neurologist, I recognized some questions as looking for memory issues.  But, there were so many other questions that I was busy filling out questionnaires for a while.

The good news is that I am a healthy person for the most part.  I have osteoporosis and osteoarthritis.  The doctor confirmed that the pain I have had in my hands lately is arthritis.  He recommended a high dose Tylenol product I didn't know existed.  So, I purchased some after my appointment.

DH is doing pretty well -- he slept great last night.   I will be taking him to the "club" and then taking a walk before my senior lunch program duties.  I plan to head to the gym in the afternoon before picking up DH.

I'm so proud of myself for my de-cluttering efforts yesterday.  I went through my shoes, and found some barely worn ones ready for donation and others went into the trash.  I also went through my purses and did the same.  I don't have many purses, but still a couple I never use.  And, I even found some decorations ready to donate.  I dropped some of these things off at the local thrift shop, and I have more ready to donate.  Don't worry, I'm not patting myself on the back too hard.  This is a long overdue effort, and there is much more to accomplish -- one day at a time.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda--You are doing a great job with the decluttering and donation. Your mentioning handbag donation reminded me that is something I need to do also. i do hope the arthritis version of Tylenol works for you. It sounds as if you had an excellent physical and great results. Enjoy your day at the gym as well as your walking. Perhaps this is a factor in the great results of the physical.

I have that guaze top sold on Denim & Co. I checked the order status to see what I paid for it as  the price now feels higher. I couldn't find it so I must have had it more than two years. If so, that definitely means I paid less. I liked the capris in antique denim with stars but I have reached my limit of buying capris, crops, etc. for this year.

I did see that my last shipment of the WEN 613 combo set is underway.

This more or less sums up my position right now:

siezeday.JPG

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hi ladies - Susan - thanks for getting us started today.  Up at 4:00 am?  Yikes, and you got a lot accomplished too.  I'm impressed!  Jean - what mystery book did you order?  Hope it's a good one.  Linda - glad the physical went alright, hope the Tylenol works well for you.  I keep forgetting to mention how glad I am that your DH is a sweet person.  My Mom was blessed, in that my Dad actually became more kind and sweet during his period of Alzheimer's.  It's hard enough to be a caregiver as it is, but it would be that much harder if one's family member grew angry and violent.  I also think you're quite wise in visiting some facilities right now to know what is out there, just in case.  Arlene - glad that Mark finally came and got some repairs done.  Hope the rest get completed soon.  It sounds  like you've created a nice place outdoors for Angelica.

My DH, as I have mentioned before, often does handyman work as a side job.  He helps out a lot of the elderly members of our church.  This past week, one of  his co-workers fell (not on the job), and cracked several ribs and has to take 2 months off.  So my DH and 2 co-workers have to take over all of the injured man's duties.  My DH will have little time off and has had to cut back on the handyman work.  He's been acting rather grumpy about the whole thing, but we do hope that the injured man will recover.

Well, just another routine day around here.  I think the weather is warming up again, so if I'm going to get any weeds pulled today, I better get outside right away.  Hope you all have a good day!  ~  Charlene

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies....another rainy chilly day here..it' been like this since Sunday and exoected to continue the rest of the week .   We need the rain.

Yesterday I kept away from my IPad in the morning and sure got a lot accomplished...4 bags of shoes ,pocketbooks and clothes...mostly winter as it really hasn't been that warm so far so wear summer things although I have taken a few tops out.  I didn't even think too hard on the items I put in the bag..of course if I did they may not have gotten into the bag to start with!   I still have more to do but it's a start.

LindaL I noticed too when I was at the Dr's in October he asked me a lot of memory questions ..one which surprised me was  did I remember where I was when I heard about the JFK assination.....that was a weird one.....also asked me some simple math questions too.  I think it might have to do with Medicare etc.  He was reading the questions off a piece of paper.

Your upcoming trip to Oregon sounds great, I have never been there....my youngest spent a year out there..his job moved from Portland Me and he went out there for work.( where their headquarters are)

....I think he was very lonely so just stayed for the promised time and came back to Maine,  

Good luck in your job hunting Kathleen.   I got a kick at the different sauces names you posted the other day....did you buy any?

Nice to hear from you Karen and that your family is doing well.

Maybe you can get a nap in later Susan...how's Katie doing...did you ever get a muzzle for her ?      I have a pile of crops too Jean so don't need anymore...now if it would get warm enough to wear them...

THat's about all.....have a nice day everyone....Marijane

Trusted Contributor

RockChick - I keep forgetting to let you know that yes, I'm still enjoying my Fitbit.  Sometimes I have it recharging and forget to put it back on, so I miss a day here and there.  It's been good for me though, I know I've been more active since wearing it.  How are you doing with yours?

Respected Contributor

Good morning...I have not posted in a while...I read every day . Our weather has finally turned much nicer.,I can turn off the furnace and open some Windows. 

Sydnies new piuppy is a is a lot of fun.. She is a good dog, completely housebroken and has learned sit, stay , lay down and come. She loves hauling shoes around..we take ours off in the house, so she has lots to choose from...lol. She is about 6 pounds.

Dh left for home today, but will not get here until next Monday. He will spend a couple of days with our son and family in Grand forks and our daughter in the northern part of the state. 

Jean, I am sure you are enjoying your day at home. 

Linda, good job on decluttering...that is an ongoing process here. 

Waves to Bernie, Lindai, gay lesbian, Kathleen, char, Twinny, snicks, esse, and anyone I have forgotten

Have a grea

Respected Contributor

Linda, I hope the medication helps you. I wonder why he recommended Tylenol over an NSAIDs like ibuprofen.

((((hugs)))))

Esteemed Contributor

Charlene--I chose the book based upon the description as it sounded better than the others, but that is a matter of taste. The name of the book is 'The Butterfly Garden" which will go on sale at Amazon on June 1. This is a partial description:

Near an isolated mansion lies a beautiful garden.

In this garden grow luscious flowers, shady trees...and a collection of precious "butterflies" - young women who have been kidnapped and intricately tattooed to resemble their namesakes. Overseeing it all is the Gardener, a brutal, twisted man obsessed with capturing and preserving his lovely specimens.......

Marijane--I think sometimes the secret to getting things accomplished is to stay away from our gadgets that hook us into just five more minutes but which ends up being much longer. I'm also with you on the need for it to get warmer. The rain plus the chill is one factor that is keeping me from getting some outdoor things done.

Barbara--You are missed when you don't post. I'm glad Sydnie's new puppy is fun for Sydnie and others, of course. She sounds like a well-trained puppy. 

Why should I answer a phone when the called id says "unknown caller?"  I have  had lunch, so I think I will spend a couple of hours of reading...and then perhaps tackle a project.