Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics - ODAT March 7th

Hi girls!  It's an absolutely gorgeous day yet again; it's supposed to be in the high 70s for the rest of the week - I hope spring has finally arrived! 

No plans to go anywhere, but it's too nice out to stay inside; I guess maybe I'll just take the dogs for a ride.

Bird, Steeplechase Park in Coney Island used to have big slides; I loved them and could play on them all day. (The company my father worked for used to have an annual outing, so everything was free.)  I was always a daredevil; I wanted to go on the biggest, most thrilling rides, and my mother made my father take me even though he was scared. I guess it was almost inevitable that I'd want to learn to fly; I used to love to do spins and barrel rolls.  Cat Happy

LindaL, I don't see why they can't give you a month's meds all at once. But then, that would make sense...

I'm looking forward to DST as well; I hate when it gets dark so early.

Nothing else going on here - guess I'll get dressed and go out, then do some cleaning when I get home.  Tomorrow is "Freedom Day" - the anniversary of my late husband's death.  I'm going out for a nice dinner and a drink, which has become an annual tradition.  No, I'm not mean or hateful  - he abused me in every way possible, but even so, I took care of him 24/7 while he was sick.  Sometime God answers prayers in a way you don't expect, but I did lead him to the Lord a few days before he died.

Hi to everyone - have a blessed day!

Valued Contributor

I just lost a long post, so I'll try keeping this one short. It's been a great day weather wise, and even supposed to be nice all week. I took DH to the VA this morning, and did some  grocery shopping and errands over the weekend. DH had been prettty sick this weekend, but thankfully is much better today.

I had planned to go to Macy's in another mall on Friday, but it just wasn't a great weather day, so I shopped online. I wanted to buy myself a birthday gift as it will be here soon, and DH wanted me to choose something from him as well, so it worked out very well. I ordered two handbags, and a wristlet from Macy's and I Love Dooney.com. They're one of my favorite brands of bag, and my bags could really use some new updated pieces. Since I have only about 5, these won't make my collection excessive in any way.lol Going into spring I've been trying to be sure to wear my jewelry more, do my nails with polish, and other little things like that have gone by the wayside for too long for no good reason.

I hope Twinny is doing ok, and having her family there will help her during this very difficult time. Hope everyone has a good evening.  pinky

Honored Contributor

I forgot to mention earlier, JCP came through with the 25% off coupon last night, he he.

I had three pencil skirts $23.99 a piece before the 25% in my wishlist and a couple of blouses and a cardigan.  I thought about the 3 skirts (black, gray and navy) and walked over to my closet to check out what kinds of blouses I already owned.  I decided to order only the 3 skirts and this one t-shirt.  I bought this t-shirt because I adore this color combination and wear it often.

St. John's Bay® Short-Sleeve Crew T-Shirt - Tall

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise