Respected Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT---Giving Tuesday

Good afternoon ladies:

Made a few small donations to favorite charities. Not that I need a special day to do this--when I go to the pet store I always purchase an extra bag of food to go to the shelter or animal rescue.

No special shopping on my radar. I must get to the grocery.

I have been leaving a light on at night for Ms. Scarlet. Last night I woke up in the night to hear her yipping. I called her and she finally came in and settled in with me/ I have to turn the light on for her---I guess she doesn't want to step on anyone!.

Temps are going up and will be back in the 70's!

Shout out to everyone!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT---Giving Tuesday

Kyanne came to work with me and the limping is all gone! Poor Scarlett! Wonder what was after her.

I find myself wanting to shop, after spending so much money on my family and friends. Which wasn't a lot, but I always feel a little angst about spending.

I went to Subway for lunch and got the meatball sub, $2! Perhaps it is the monthly special, not sure why it was so cheap. Very tasty though.

DD called me while I was at lunch and I was hoping she was not at the house because her unwrapped Christmas gifts are in the living room! She was at her own home and we had a little laugh about it. I hope that gets me to wrap gifts tonight!

Trusted Contributor

hello Ladies, LindaR I saw that on TV about Amazon, I think he said they have about 8,ooo workers and hire more for the holidays. it was amazing to me how they could find anything and get it out to us at a reasonable time!

It was crazy weather yesterday,almost 67 degrees, I have noticed some of my plants are starting to poke up from the ground....they think spring is starting......but today they had a surprise,it's raw and nasty out some snow coming down.

Yesterday around 4pm I started to get emails from my kids about Christmas ideas.....so I did participate in cyber Monday with pretty good deals with percentage off and free s:h.....not one item from the q though. I have busy putting up my deco's . One of my DH aunts died..she was 102, her wake will be in BKLYN Thursday and burial out in LI.on Friday..about 2 hrs away from there....more for us living here. I have a feeling we will be leaving the house before 6am Friday in order to allow for traffic going into the city. it will be a long day.

. Well back to my decorating.....keep hoping the decorating faries will come by at night and do it but so far haven't! Have a nice afternoon everyone.....Marijane

Valued Contributor

Well back to my decorating.....keep hoping the decorating faries will come by at night and do it but so far haven't! Have a nice afternoon everyone.....Marijane

Marijane, those decorating faries better be at my house decorating my tree!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} have the tree up with lights, topper and a timer so I can see the lights on when I get home from work. It looks great from outside but no ornaments.

I have not done any wrapping yet either, but I love to wrap.

I hope that everyone is well. I am fine.

Trusted Contributor

OK Rosa they can go to your house first to decorate your tree since we don't have ours yet....I need the ones that decorate the rest of the house.....
Respected Contributor

I love to wrap too, but for some reason I always put it off so it's a hassle. I'm determined to go home tonight and put in the Christmas movies and start wrapping. I just now got the ladies to agree to a white elephant party. woot woot!

Respected Contributor

Marijane, sorry about DH's Aunt. That does not sound like a pleasant ride. I did some online shopping, Kohl's (boots for DD) Coach (wallet for his DD) and a new bag for DH at ebags. I can't wait to see - hope it doesn't come in on Friday when he's home along. ha ha

Esteemed Contributor

Linda R, so funny about Ms. Scarlet. I donate at different times of the year too, but mostly at Christmas. No shopping on my radar today either.

RC, Glad that your Kyanne is doing better. DH & I had a $2 subway yesterday too. It said customer appreciation on the billboard. Glad DD didn't find her gifts unwrapped. Our DD & DSIL weren't that lucky. They ordered our oldest DGS a saxophone for Christmas online a couple of weeks ago. When it came our DD took it to a nice music company to get it sanitized etc. They said it would be ready in 7-10 days. Well 3 days later when our DGS answered the phone as his mom was doing laundry, the person on the line said "your sax is ready." Our DD was not happy. He is 13 but even still they wanted it to be a surprise for him. He is very musical & already has a trumpet, French Horn & Keyboard. He is playing the Sax already, so I guess he will get accessories for it & soccer stuff.

Marijane & Rosa, When you & two are done with the Christmas fairy you can send her my way. I have nothing done yet but hope to get started real soon. Sorry about DH's aunt passing. Traffic sounds like a mess. Prayers for safety on the roads for you.

This morning I had lab work at 9:00. Came back home for a while & then went back for my bone density test & Dr. followup. All is well there. After lunch I went back again to visit my GP for a followup. DH drove me this time as I needed moral support for this appt. Everything is good with her too so I don't have to go back until May. DH's hearing aid was acting up, so he went to see his guy. Hopefully it will be good for a while again.

The only thing I got accomplished around the house this morning was washing a large load of towels. Tomorrow I hope to get the bedding all washed. Exciting I know, but better than a Dr. visit.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started LindaR. I donated to one of my favorite charities yesterday, guess I should have waited. Oh well..... I also went to Wal Mart to purchase a gift certificate for a boy whose name I picked from the church "Cactus Tree". Like an Angel tree. Today I went by the local card store and did some damage. But, I did have a birthday coupon, which was nice.

Sorry about Ms. Scarlet. Hope she sleeps better tonight.

Hi Kathleen -- that is one of the two special subs at Subway this month. I think the other is Italian cold cuts or something. I am not a fan of either of those, but I am glad you enjoyed it. Also glad they agreed to the White Elephant idea at work, and your DD did not see her unwrapped packages.

Sorry about your DH's Aunt Marijane -- sounds like she had a long life, however. One of the ladies here lost her DH on Saturday. She was very happy that he joined the Catholic church not long before his death, and that they had recently returned from the last of his bucket list trips. I am not sure how old he was, but I'm guessing in his 80's, with lots of health problems. I know Ann would appreciate prayers from any of you who care to add her to your list.

That is funny Rosa -- glad the tree looks good from the outside at least. I finished decorating my big tree, but I have one small one to go.

Waves to Jean, Arlene, twinny, Susan, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.

My volunteer job went okay today, but they didn't have the usual salad bar. I ended up making a special plate for DH who really wanted the salad bar. And, I didn't eat anything except for some fruit compote. My back was bothering me, but I made it okay.

I plan to go to the gym soon, and hope to have a quiet rest of the day.

Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- happy you made it through all those appointments okay twinny. That must have been quite tiring. Sorry about your DGS' surprise being spoiled.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

Angelica is home, and I think I'm going to be licked and kissed to death! {#emotions_dlg.wub} When they brought her out she was so happy to see me - she obviously remembered me - and kept pulling me to the door while I tried to finish the paperwork. She hopped right into the car, and immediately started loving on me. On the way home we stopped at Wendy's, and she had what was probably her first Frosty, which she loved. I have no doubt that the Lord sent her to me; she gets along fine with Autumn and Honeybun, even though they generally don't like other dogs, and she and the cats immediately took to each other. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I had hoped to finish my Aldi's shopping today, but they had no buttermilk and no unsalted butter, both of which I need for Christmas baking, so I'll have to go to another one. (sigh) I'll hit Walmart on Friday, and then hopefully I'm done with shopping for the rest of the month. The hamburger buns in Aldi are now only 39¢, and they have no HFCS; they had celery for 25¢ so I had to buy some. I don't know what I'll do with it, but at that price couldn't resist; maybe I'll defrost some ground beef and make a pot of chili.

The temps are in the 70s; I started out with a sweatshirt and was so warm I had to change into something light. I wouldn't mind if the entire winter was like this - it pretty much was my first year here.

Sorry to hear about DH's aunt, Marijane, but she did have a long life and hopefully a good one. I remember the NY traffic well; I don't envy your having to deal with that!

Linda, I'll pray for Ann; I know how difficult it is when you lose a husband.

Well, I need to get cookies baked and the rest of my soldiers' packages ready to go, so it's going to be a busy evening.

Have a blessed night, everyone!