Esteemed Contributor

After logging in, reading all of your posts & responding to all of you I lost my post.  RATS!  Then I had to log on 3 more times.  Today was rather tame around here.  DH & I had breakfast at a cute little place on our little square called "Chocolate Temptations."  It has been there over 20 years but we have never been before.  Our niece gave us a gift card for there when she was up for mom's b'day party two weeks ago.  I had a wonderful Heath Bar latte & DH had a real good chocolate mint Mocha along with the bag of double dipped pretzels that we bought to give to some  of our good friends for helping us out with mom.  Got groceries then met friends at our favorite Italian restaurant for pizza.  Came back & us gals beat the guys at cards.  I am tired tonight so I will be going to bed early.  Hugs to all of you.

Valued Contributor

snicks, Happy Birthday, and many more to come!

Genny, I received the rest of my order from Macy's yesterday, and they're all keepers. I'm very happy. I went to Sam's Club this morning, and found the Stan Herman fleece pjs there. I got a pair in blue. They fit very well, and are so soft... 

DS stopped over just after supper, so I didn't get to post until now. I was gone longer than expected today, and I'm so tired right now. Happy start to the weekend! pinky

Esteemed Contributor

No costumes this year, Marijane.  I'll just be wearing a polo shirt for the university that I borrowed from my history/mystery teacher.  Our OLLI classes are associated with the University of Arizona.  I could have just worn a red top, but he offered the shirts.  He was a professor there until recently, and part of his job was recruiting so he had the shirts.  

It should be cool and sunny tomorrow.  The past couple of years have been pretty hot, so I am not sure how it will feel.  I have turned into such a weather wimp that temperatures in the 50's and 60's like we have today feel very chilly to me.  

Glad you have been having a nice birthday snicks.   And, I'm happy that you had a less stressful day, twinny.

When you were talking about how others didn't seem to think that your Mom's memory was so bad, it certainly struck a cord with me.   I have had people tell me that DH isn't so bad, and he has responded well to short conversations.  Yikes -- I know that he can nod appropriately or answer some questions, but he is so limited compared to the past.  For example, he cannot tell you his birthdate, medical history, etc.

In addition to his short term memory, DH doesn't have much of a long-term memory, unfortunately.  Sometimes he will recall something once you remind him, but it doesn't happen all that often.  And, asking him questions about the long past is usually fruitless.  I'm just trying my best to take it in stride, but it bugs me big time when others think that I'm exaggerating or something based on a very short conversation.

Good news for football DGS -- the orthopedist cleared him to play tonight, and the doctor thinks that it is a deep bone bruise (I think) rather than something more serious.  That is a relief.  The doctor wants him to have PT after the season is over, but he can just be "taped" properly now.

I really hope you have a wonderful trip, Jean.  

Your house sounds so clean, Arlene.  I need to be inspired by your good example.

Keep hearing about your "country house" area and the flooding, Kathleen.  I am so sorry that the same area is having such bad flooding again.

Hope your back is better, Bernie.  A couple of weeks ago my back was killing me, but the severe pain only lasted a couple of days.  I'm trying not to overdo things, especially at the gym.  Maybe your back will feel better soon.

Sleep well everyone!

Trusted Contributor

Good evening everyone.

My sympathy goes out to Dan Wheeler and his family for the loss of his wife.

DH fixed my brakes, they sound so quite now, got to love it.   I owe him a meatloaf dinner this weekend.

Hope everyone has a great evening everyone.

Honored Contributor

Hello everyone - this was one busy day at work :-)

It's good to see we're all hanging in, even if it's by our fingertips.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

LindaL and Twinny, it's been my experience (notice how I try to be politcally correct when I write this - lol), the occasional visitor has no clue.  When it comes to casual contact or neighbors who visit, they aren't invested enough to really notice.

It's surface contact - no way are they going to tell the person that they are visiting with or speaking with that the person looks bad, tired, preoccupied, etc.

It's what I call a driveby - a visit to say that they went.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

So sad to hear about Dan's wife.

Flooding is very horrifying - in ALL the surrounding communities.  My house is safe - but so many people I know have damage.  It's very bad.

My posts still disappear every day - so try to keep it short.  Hugs to all.