Respected Contributor
Good morning ladies. Happy Birthday wishes to Snicks!!!!

The weatherman was correct. We are having heavy rains in areas. I saw a report of an eighteen wheeler being blown over. One area had ten inches plus in two hours. Flooding in Kathleen's home area. I know she wasn't clise go the river but they are saying flooding will happen. A popular restaurant in th area has flooded "Salt Lick".

Rainy in my area but not too bad. Hopefully this will continue.
Honored Contributor

Hello all. Hope everyone is doing ok today. Thanks kittyfan for starting us off today. Thanks also @kittyfan for the birthday wishes. It is pretty cool out today here, rain expected later on tonight and tomorrow. Then back up to 70-ish next Monday-Wed. No real plans for today, been doing some minor housework this morning along with just relaxing. Thinking about some leaf raking this afternoon before they get wet again, but may choose not to, lol. Hope everyone has a good day. Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies hope all is well.

LinadR - Thank you for starting us today, hope you get the rain you need, but not so much that you get flooded.  

Snicks -  Happy Birthday!!!  Hope you have a good day.

Not much going on here today, got the grocery shopping done, and soon the wash will be done.  DH is working on my car, we were out yesterday and it would make this really strange noise when you were slowing down.  Even he was baffled, so he is checking my brakes today he said my one rotor looked weird.  We will see where this leads. 

Off to get more wash in.  Have a good afternoon everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started LindaR.  Fingers crossed that you have rain, but no flooding.  It is raining here, but not heavy.  Last night, we had some heavy rain periods, which disturbed my sleep big time. 

Happy Birthday to snicks.  Hope you have some fun today and are taking some time to relax a bit.  

Hi Susan.  Good for you getting things done.  Hope your brake issue is an easy (and inexpensive) fix.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Marijane, Bernie, Karen, Charlene, Barbara, Rosa, pinky ann, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

DH and I managed to get our walk in when we were just having light rain.  Now it is heavier again.  I hope to go to the gym today as well as the storage room and grocery store.  

Interestingly enough, DH has no memory of his fall and trip to the hospital on Tuesday.  I really don't understand why this is the case.  Our neighbor had him set up like a king when I got home from my classes yesterday -- extra pillows, snacks galore, etc. -- he was sleeping on the couch as usual, and she was knitting when I got home.  She needs to have some heavy dental work done soon (bottom teeth removed and replaced by a denture), so I'm not sure when she will be able to help again.

I borrowed the shirt I'll be wearing for the parade tomorrow from the teacher of the classes, and it seemed to have a grease spot on it.  So, I washed it last night.  The shirt is size extra large, and very large on me.  So, I think I'll be wearing it over a turtleneck and with leggings tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Happy Birthday to you Snicks.....I hope you have a wonderful day!

Susan hope your DH figures out what's wrong with your car.....that is something,among many other things, my DH would not attempt to 'fix'...making it worse than the original problem.

Twinny I am praying for you and your DM....it is such a hard and stressful time for all involved.

LindaL seems like your friend sitting with your DH yesterday had him quiet set up!  I hope her dental work goes well. what kind of costume will you be wearing tomorrow.

Kathleen and LindaL sorry about all the rain and flooding in your area...Inope not too much damage is done.  tHis morning they were saying that the tornado sirens were going off .

It has gotten chilly again after yesterday going up yo 73 degrees which was crazy...we have tons of leaves on the ground now...our lawn guy will have his work cut out for him tomorrow.

Karen...good luck to the Mets tonight.

Pinky I never thought to have several shipments from Macy's in order to take advantage of all the coupons I seem to get every few weeks! Good idea. I should get my 2 pairs of boots today...my other order from Tuesday are keepers...just a few turtleneck sweaters.

Have a nice day everyone.......Marijane

Respected Contributor

Hello friends!  first things first -  Happy birthday Snicks!!!!

DD got the ward she wanted - pediatrics and we are over the moon happy about that!

Was shocked to get a text from her saying that she is glad we aren't home.  Got on FB and started to see the posts about all the flooding going on.  Wimberley and all the neighboring towns, videos of water swirling in front lawns etc.

Esteemed Contributor

LindaR--Thank you for starting the thread. Heavy rains can really create a problem especially after periods of drought. I just got home from work and saw the coverage on the Weather Channel.

Kathleen--The flooding is severe in your area but hopefully your property will not be impacted. It can happen so quickly. I saw the school which is surrounded by water in S.A. and where students are stuck.

Snicks--Happy Birthday. It is a good day to take it easy. You could give my neighbor lessons in leaf raking. He has huge trees that have shed and he has yet to rake the leaves. Guess where many of them are now!!

Susan--Hope you don't have an expensive brake job in your future.

Linda--The neighbor is a real gem; hopefully she will be able to help you more in the future.

Marijane--It has gotten chilly here also. It was 34 degrees when I went to work this morning.

Work was great today but it is good to see the weekend. Monday is departure day for the trip so I guess I'll be doing odds and ends getting ready for it.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Hi girls! Happy birthday, Snicks - hope you have a great day.

It's a beautiful day out again. I didn't go anywhere yesterday, but did get a lot of cleaning done. Both bathrooms were scrubbed; I did a heavy-duty vacuuming; rugs shampooed; kitchen cabinets polished, picture frames ceiling fans, and lamps dusted; upstairs hall cleaned...I even got the insulation that the cats knocked out of the attic cleaned up, thanks to my wonderful new vacuum cleaner.  Seeing real progress inspires me to want to do more; maybe having the house all nice and clean will help with my depression. Today I plan to get the floors washed and the furniture polished, but I really need to take the dogs for a ride first.  I guess I'll go to Aldi, as I need dog food.

I hear a lawn mower next door; I do have to do one last grass cutting for the season, maybe this weekend. I sent the handyman a PM asking if he's going to be able to get my tub knobs fixed this weekend and I haven't heard back; if I don't hear from him by evening, I'll call that plumber I've used before.  It's a side job for him even though he's a master plumber, and he doesn't charge much; the handyman would be cheaper, but meaning I'm paying for the water that's dripping.  As for the air ducts, I'll have to look around for someone else. Seriously - what is wrong with people these days?  Is a work ethic a thing of the past? Cat Frustrated

Sorry to hear about your husband, LindaL, but don't Alzheimer's patients have good long-term memory, but poor short-term memory? I continue to pray for you.

LindaR, that flooding is awful; stay safe.

I guess I should be on my way before it gets too late.  Have a blessed evening, everyone.

Honored Contributor

Hi again everybody, thanks to all for the sweet birthday wishes.  I have taken it easy today with just minor amounts of housework, and a nap, lol. The raking will wait till next week when it is a bit warmer out, as the cool weather is hard on my back not to mention the raking, bending etc.

PAlady, hope the fix for the car is an easy one. I hate when I have car issues.

LL, sorry about dh's short term memory, I think that may become more pronounced as time goes on, hopefully not though. I certainly am no expert on the matter. Good that you got your walk in before heavier rain. What kind of weather is expected for the parade?

Genny1, glad you are liking your Macy's things.

RC, hope the flooding in the home area isn't too bad. I was happy that my truck driver daughter was not heading in that direction this week as she has been down there a few times the last couple of weeks. She's in Wisconsin now.

KK, I sincerely hope you have a wonderful vacation. Yes the neighbors leaves in my front yard are a nuisance for me, as they don't clean theirs up, if at all, till very late and they all end up in my yard also. Glad you had a good day at work today.

FHG, cute kitty pic, thanks. You have been busy, busy, busy with all the cleaning. I should take a page from your book, lol. I tend to take too many breaks when doing housework. Prefer the outside stuff myself.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend, and thanks again.

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Happy birthday, snicks.🎂🎂🎂