Respected Contributor

Good afternoon:

This is the last day of lovely cool temps. The weatherman says back to the 90's.

Glad to see our ladies back and posting.

Got home about 9 from our ladies group meeting. I was really tired but the dogs were wound up! Not sure what was going on---Fred started barking about a hr. after we went to bed--so it wasn't a pleasant night.

No shopping on my radar---do need some grocery items.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT---Friday

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started LindaR. Sorry you didn't get agood nights sleep. It is supposed to get warmer here as well. And, I think they said tomorrow may be our first 95 degree day of the year. At least it isn't windy today, and the dust has died down quite a bit.

I have grocery shopping to do as well. I have seen some reviews of the TSV capris I ordered, and they are mostly not favorable. Hope they work for me, but....

DH and I had a nice anniversary dinner at the Mexican restaurant we like best in this area. We did have to wait for a while (no reservations unless it is a large party), but it wasn't as bad as in the winter. Quite a few of our winter visitors have left, so things are a little less crowded all over. For those of you who asked, we have been married seven years. I know that many of you have been married for much longer, but this is the second marriage for both of us. And, my first marriage lasted for 35 plus years and his for 42 or so.

I was thinking about going to COSTCO today, but I decided just to go to the nearby stores. I didn't need that much from COSTCO, and the closest store is about 25 miles away.

We had a nice walk this morning, and I'll be going to Curves later. I think that my "normal" pattern will be to alternate between the two and take Saturday off from the gym and Curves. But, I know that sometimes I will need to change that due to other plans.

DD said DGS' computer was delivered today, and she left it for him to open when he gets out of school.

Waves to Jean (working!), Kathleen (I'll have to try those special sponges), Arlene, twinny (glad you had a nice trip and I'm praying for an easy time with your infusion, etc.), Susan, Marijane, Sonya, Nancy (cute pictures on FB), Karen (praying for your family), Rosa (praying for you), Gayle, Val, Kathy, our new poster (sorry I can't remember your name), and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Hi Sweetie! I stayed up late last night so when the alarm went off for boot camp, I turned it right off. I told DH since I sleep with my phone and he isn't there, the first thing I do in the mornings is play my little game on my smart phone! Smiley Very Happy We giggled about that.

He stopped by his new workplace this morning and says he is going to love it. I can't tell you how happy I was to hear that. I will be on the road at 5, I suppose time to take the toll road. Traffic is always icky up through Waco - they are doing a lot of roadwork up there. But Kyanne and I have our cooler and everything we need.

That's all that is happening here. I did purchase a top this morning 40% off and it was cute and had a great review. I ordered one the other day that was a "shot in the dark" and a nightgown that was cute as can be.

That's about it for me. Work is crazy busy, though my workload seems to have slowed down a tiny bit everyone else around me is buzzing around.

Respected Contributor

Linda we must have been posting at the same time. Your anniversary sounds lovely! I bet you are glad the winter folk have left. I know when college lets out you can really tell by traffic patterns around town that the college kids have mostly gone home here. That was quick for the computer! I know DGS will love it. It's hard to believe they are growing up so quickly! 7 years and you seem so very happy with him! Have you two been to any thrift stores lately? And when will you start going to the pool again?

Regular Contributor

Just a quick Thank you to my friends here. I have recieved so much support and prayers that I am truly humbled. I had a job interview yesterday, loved the job and the people, please pray for me. Rosa

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

Good to "see" you Rosa - I and many on my board are covering you in prayer. We'll add the job to it. Smile

It's a bright, sunny day - temps in the 70s - although, like with Linda, it's going to be hot the next few days so I'd better get that grass cut today. It's been a really sucky week and I'm glad it's over - I think I'm going to go to BBW to treat myself to something. They're having a buy 3 get 3 free sale, plus I have a coupon for $10 off a $30 purchase. I got my textbooks ordered; some from the school bookstore and some from Amazon - whichever was cheaper. Classes start a week from Monday.

I went to Publix yesterday evening - more to be able to pay by check and get $25 cash than because I really needed anything. With that Lousy Garbage refrigerator I don't dare stock up on anything perishable, so I just got a few things that were on sale. They had Barilla pasta on BOGO, plus store coupons for $1 off three, so I got six boxes for just over $2 - don't need them, but next Saturday the mailmen will be collecting for local food banks. Anyway, we went for a walk on the trail across the street and I realized that the cashier didn't give me my cash, so I had to go back. Good thing I was still in the area - I'd have been really PO'd if I had gone out to dinner miles away and then didn't have money to pay for it.

LindaL, Mexican sounds good - I haven't had it in quite a while...now you've got me thinking I want some... {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Well, I guess I'd better get moving; time sure does slip away. Have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Rosa: We continue to pray for you---wishing you the best!

Kathleen: I think the toll is the best bet---Friday afternoon---yuck! Yes, traffic construction is bad through Waco---always construction on the highway!.

Respected Contributor

Rosa, so glad to "see" you and hope you are surrounded by folks who love you and are taking care of you! i will pray about the job too.

Linda, I am eager to get started. DH always takes the toll road. I'm not sure where I will stop for supper but perhaps Schlotsky's. Smiley Very Happy I know a young lady who is working the drive thru.

She called me, they think they are going to get the apartment but they have a month before they can move in. Her friend was going to stay with friends but that fell through. So she's going to ask mom if they can both stay there. I am just praying "Lord you know what's best. I can't fix it."

Contributor

Rosa, so glad to hear from you. You have been so much on our minds, and I'm sure you know that we are all praying for you. Thanks for starting LindaR, hope your dogs have calmed down by now. LindaL, happy anniversary. We are also going out for Mexican tonight. Kathleen, hope you have a great weekend in your second home. It really sounds like an adventure. Arlene I had Jay stop by Publix yesterday to get the BOGOs. I still can't really do a lot (like drive) with this arm, but I am improving each day.
Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone. I am home from work and am delighted to see Rosa posting.

Rosa--Our prayers continue to support you as you seek a job and enter a new chapter of your life.

LindaR--Thank you for starting the thread. It is a bit nippy here as a result of the cold rain. The house inside actually felt colder than the outside so I had to turn on the heat.

Linda--Congratulations upon your anniversary. Time does pass quickly and you have had many great experiences together during the time of your marriage. Here is to many more years!

Kathleen--Have a great weekend with DH. It will pass all too quickly. You found some great buys. Glad DH likes his new workplace. Your new chapter in the book of life is getting off to a good start.

Arlene--All that rain really makes the grass grow. Time to get it mowed before it gets out of control. Enjoy BBW and treating yourself. Grocery shopping is a challenge but your coupons help.

I have no shopping on the radar unless it is plant food and human food. A friend and I will be going to the city to get out, so I don't see any purchases except a good meal out, bloom boosting stuff, and possibly some grocery shopping.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.