Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Friday

Welcome home Jean. I'm sure you and Midnight were happy to see each other. Hope it was a wonderful trip.

Sorry the glasses are a little off -- hope they can fix them to your satisfaction. I'm sure you needed that rest. When DH and I went to Thailand and Cambodia, we did something similar -- stayed at a hotel in Los Angeles (slept and slept) and then flew back to Maryland the next morning. The hotel was very nice to us -- let us check in early in the day. We did stay there a couple of nights before the trip, and I think they were used to having travelers in the hotel.

I'm beginning to think I'm very lucky with Curves. First the socks and now another prize today. They had a contest -- you needed to have a workout there at least 30 times in a 60 day period, be weighed and measured before, in the middle, and at the end. There were prizes for the top three losers of combined weight and inches, which I knew I would not win (actually gained weight and inches). But, then they gave three prizes for ladies who participated (no need for weight loss, etc.), and I was the second prize winner. The first prize winner was there as well, and she and I were very happy. I won a bunch of cosmetic samples, and a restaurant gift certificate for a pizza place, etc. What a nice surprise.

Hope everyone sleeps well, and your Mom continues to improve Kathleen.

Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Friday

Linda, that is wonderful!!! It's so nice to win things once in a while!! We did get our rain, on the way home from work it started and it's still pretty steady. I'm so happy. I went out in it a bit and got COLD! Don't remember what that felt like.

DH is watching tv and I'm looking at bags online. Thinking I will wait for the one I want now.