Honored Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT - Friday, September 8th

[ Edited ]

Hello and Happy Friday!

It's still pretty cool in my part of the world but at least the sun is shining.  I received the bird food delivery yesterday from Drs Foster and Smith.  I'm waiting for a book to be delivered that I pre-ordered from Barnes and Noble.  Given all the natural disasters going on in this great country of ours I am not worrying about when anything gets here.

I participate in a synthroid direct program that involves mail order and Eagle Pharmacy in Florida.  Earlier this week there was a message on the home phone from Eagle Pharmacy that it was time to renew my prescription.  Frankly, I'm sitting on at least 3 weeks of pills as it is so I deleted the message.

Now that Irma is headed for Florida, I'm thinking, how odd it was they left a message on the phone.  I usually receive an email.  They never said anything about a potential hurricane and I sincerely hope, for the staff that works there, that they are going to be okay.

The earthquakes, fires and hurricanes are so worrisome. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Friday, September 8th

Image result for have a safe weekend image

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Not cool here, but it was nice this morning on my walk.  It is pretty upsetting to hear about all these natural disasters that just seem to keep coming.  I am praying that people affected by Irma will be okay.

Nice graphic, meallen.

Happy Birthday, Charlene!

I received my IM TSV yesterday and I just love it. It fits very wel, and I'll probably take it on my trip.  Still waiting on the jeans, but I think they have made it to the State, so maybe they will arrive tomorrow or Monday (UPS to USPS).

DH was dong quite well yesterday, and I met the new hospice chaplain who is quite nice.  I'll be leaving for the airport soon to pick up DH's DD who is coming for a brief visit.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and stay safe!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Happy to report that I saw on FB that Jean is feeling better and went to work today.  

Trusted Contributor

HEllo Ladies.....Happy Birthday Charlene.....hope you are having a nice day.    

LInda I received my IM jacket the other day....and it's a keeper too for me.  HOpe your DH has a nice visit with his DD.

Have a nice weekend Meallen...fall is in the air here.

Have a great evening everyone.....Marijane.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread.I'm glad you got your bird food delivery. You are so correct that with all that is going on in our country with natural disasters, etc, the status of a delivery is on the low end of the worry totem pole.

meallen--Thank you for the graphic and the reminder for all of us to be as safe as possible this weekend.

Linda--Enjoy your IM TSV jacket. It sounds as if I missed out on a great jacket from all these postive comments. It is good that DH's DD s coming for a visit. Have a great time together.

Marijane--Fall is definitel in the air We had temps last night in the upper 40s.  Enjoy your IM jacket.

Charlene--Happy Birthday!!

I did work today as I felt good and tonight I'm still feeling good with much energy. I have some SG tops being shipped. I haven'[t checked to see when to expect them.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, fall is in the air back home.  My dd said that they wore winter jacket's on Tuesday night when their boys played soccer.  Glad that you got got your bird supplies.

Meallen, Nice graphic.

Charlene, happy birthday.

Marijane, our weather in Maine has been fabulous.  70's-80's. A 10 minute shower later this afternoon when we were heading back to Malden.  Gas prices are all over the board. We paid $2.25 when we left home & got it for $2.51 this afternoon. We saw it at $2.45, but we were on the wrong side of the road.  The highest we have paid was $2.59, but we have seen it at $2.86.  After all of these natural disasters, I am just glad that we can get it.

Jean. I am glad that you are feeling better.

Linda. It is nice of your DH's DD to come for another visit.

I am enjoying being out on the deck.  We just got home from  2 nice beach days. Tomorrow our ds is taking us into Boston.  The time has gone way tooooo fast.  It always makes me sad to leave, but our son is very lucky to have his dream jobs of being a chiropractor & a Physical Therapist at the same clinic & our ddil enjoys a difficult job as a CC  nurse.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

@cerb

Image result for happy birthday charlen

Respected Contributor

@cerb

Happy birthday. 🌹🌹🎶

Honored Contributor

Well, if you read yesterday's post (I posted late) you saw my comment about Marine week and being afraid of military equipment, lol.

Today, I took the bull by the horns and deliberately went to the event alone at lunchtime.  I cried through a display of young Marines who passed during two particular attacks in 2005.  Let's just say there were in a desert region (don't want to get poofed).   The permanent display is installed in Columbus Ohio.  The presenter (not sure he was a Marine) was nice and asked if I had any questions.  As I looked at the faces of what I consider babies 18-mid 20's, I said my only question is can't we as humans get along?

Although I was offered a closer look at the helicopters, tanks, military tow trucks and yes, even the Osprey - I couldn't bring myself to climb into any one of them.

I enjoyed shaking the hands and thanking the Marines who were there.  Many were young and it was easy to engage by saying, so, is that your baby behind you (meaning the tank or whatever the heck it was).  I asked about features and how long it took them to learn how to operate it.  Most important to me was making sure it could be armed with something to defend them when they used it in combat.

It didn't take me long to recognize that I have officially become my mother - ha ha ha.

I checked out historical uniforms and rations that were given at the period of time represented with the uniform. I enjoyed speaking with the Vietnam vet who manned that particular presentation and thanked him for his service to his country.  

I saw my first Howitzer up close and learned more about the technology behind it than I ever thought possible.

I am a gun owner and still felt nauseous when I walked passed a bunch of military firearms in a tent.  I didn't linger and didn't want to know.

The only thing I participated in was operating a camera mounted God knows where connected to a computer.  Wow, you see that in movies - like finding and marking targets to relay info back to boots on the ground and there I was doing it.

In summary - many of the men in their camos are babies.  They could be my kid, heck my youngest kid if I had more than one.

I wish all of it wasn't necessary to have or know how to work at all.  That will never be that way, but that's what I wish :-)

Honored Contributor