Honored Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT - Friday, October 13th

Good afternoon all and happy Friday the 13th.  My Ma was born on a Friday the 13th, so I've always considered a Friday the 13th a lucky day indeed.

Well, the new car is in the garage.  Honestly I couldn't wait to get out of the dealer yesterday.  Bad enough buying the car on Tuesday had me there 2 hours.  Yesterday I was there at 5 pm and it still took 2 hours.  I walked in with a cashier's check and Ryan had the car ready.  I figured out how to program the computer options and also synced my phone with the bluetooth in the car (never did either before).  All of this was done while Ryan was doing whatever he was doing with the cashier's check.  Honestly, after that, I expected to sign the papers and hit the road.

I went into the office of some woman, I assumed the finance person or something, half expecting that Ryan was supposed to join us.

She talked and talked about life, her kids, etc.  I'm looking at my watch thinking, Jesus Mary and Joseph the last thing I ate was a granola bar 6 hours ago.

Apparently she was trying to establish rappport - so she could pitch me 5 different extended warranties.  Oh man, I was ticked off.  I said, is that what all this was for?  I thought Ryan got lost somewhere - I don't want any of that.  The financial deal was done on Tuesday, I'm not adding anything to it today.

I was outta there like a shot after that Woman LOL

Honest to Pete, I was so flippin exhausted when I got home, I didn't even bring the paperwork in with me - I think it's in the glove box.

I bought a new set of tires for the Versa this morning.  Now I feel better turning the car over to my sister.  I still haven't gone into the garage to play with the new car.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Friday, October 13th

Hi ladies,

Image result for friday the 13th animated images

Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama  Good for you on that beautiful car, love it.  We've been through all that dealer nonsense more times than I care to remember.  Paid cash and it still took forever.   The one big mistake that I made was to give them my cell number for a contact.  4 years later, I still get calls for extended warranties, which we purchased when we bought the vehicle.  I could scream, we don't own the vehicle anymore.  We gifted it to one of our youngsters and I certainly won't give them that number.  I've learned my lesson on that.

Enjoy all the gadgets with your new toy.

Nice touch on the new tires for your sister, that's sweet.

@meallen616  Yikes - scary picture - boo, boo.

As this day is our 33rd wedding anniversary, I will enjoy it no matter Friday, the 13th warning in my head.  We knew when we picked the 13th, it would fall on Friday many times.  So far so good and God willing it will continue to be just fine.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies and enjoy all the creepy October scary movies.  As for me, nope - I don't do scary.

Outside of a fancy dinner tonight, our CCs will be under lock and key.  Hope your CCs can remain dormant - fingers crossed.

Honored Contributor

@meallen616  cute graphics :-)

@3suwm5  enjoy your dinner with your beloved :-)

Respected Contributor

Thank you all for your lovely birthday wishes. I don often post but I do drop in and check on everyone.

This would also have been my anniversary! Happy anniversary. And Bernie know you Mom was much loved. What a wonderful sister you are.

I am waiting on tree folks. Wanted to come earlier than scheduled. So far they haven't arrived. But I know how schedules change

A friend retired a year ago. Before she retired she said she was concerned about filling her time. I told her that wouldn't be a problem--opportunities would appear.
Esteemed Contributor

BIrd Mama, enjoy your new car.  Car salesmen drive me nuts too.  We don't finance & we are still there way too long.  We know what we want & they keep trying to add more.  It was so nice of you to put new tires on your other.  You are a GEM!  

Meallen, cute graphic.  I had my infusion this morning & thought about getting it yesterday.  But then I thought that I have been getting them for 16 years & I'm still alive & kicking.

3suwm5, happy anniversary.  Enjoy, a nice dinner out tonight.  Dentists & car dealers go hand in hand.

Linda R, happy belated birthday.  My thoughts are with you today.  Since I left work 16 year's ago & my DH retired 15 year's ago, we are busier than ever.  

It was a partly sunny day, but we are expecting thunderstorms tonight & tomorrow.  It is supposed to be nice most of next week.

I had my infusion this morning.  My hubby dropped me off & I called for a ride home at noon.  I had a nice lunch up there.

The leaf truck came yesterday & my DH is blowing & mowing leaves again.  The rain & winds have been playing havoc again.

I am tired from my drugs, so it is nap time.  I had a flu shot yesterday & my arm is a bit sore.  I can't lay on it.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama

I would like to ask you a question:

Did you ever have a way to keep in touch with @lobstergal?

The last I knew of her had to do with being snowed in during the huge snowstorm of 2014.

She hasn’t posted here in well over two years?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1  It looks like lobstergal last posted in May 2016, hmmmmm.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  I have been in those ridiculous meetings with car dealers, and they are very tiring to say the least.  I have read that they make lots of money selling those extended warranties.  I'm sure that makes sense, but it is very frustrating for the buyer.  I always wonder what happened to the salesman when I get called into those sales pitches.  Nice of you to buy the tires for the car you are giving to your sister.  I used to buy new cars when my DD or SIL needed one and give them my "old" one.  My Mom was born on the 13th, but not a Friday.  So, I always considered the 13th a lucky day as well.

Funny graphics, meallen.

Happy Anniversary 3suwm5.  Hope you and your DH have a nice dinner.