Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Friday, November 6th

[ Edited ]

Hello all, thanks bird for starting the thread today. Hope you managed to keep your head above water for the whole day.

TGIF, for sure.

PAlady, we had a rainy Thursday, cooler today but no rain. It's about 50 degrees here now, so not bad.

Genny1, I should have gone to the store this morning also, before it got crowded. Good for you.

fbm8282lsm, oh good, the roof is done, how does it look? Enjoy your weekend thrift store shopping and church.

twinny, wishing the best for your mother, so sad when things are not good.

pinky ann, I'm glad you had no problem with your return at Macy's. Sorry to hear about having to use the cane more though. Good luck with finding what you want for your dressing table chair. I am considering, again, buying a new tree for Christmas this year, I looked last year but never found one I liked that I also liked the price on, lol. I cut down a little more each year on my decorating. I used to be so gung-ho on decorating the whole house, now, not so much.

FHG, good going on all the cleaning. Enjoy the Symphony and the threatre when you go.

LL, sorry about the toilet issue, I hate plumbing problems more than any other, I think. Sounds as though your meeting at the "club" was productive, so that's a good thing. I also have Prime membership with Amazon, been a member for several years now with no problems so far, knock on wood, lol.

I started my day off pretty slow and slug-like, lol. Then finally got myself moving...did some furniture polishing, finished up laundry, etc., then had a hair apptmt. and went to 2 grocery stores after that, got all that brought in and put away, took the dog out, then a friend called, chatted for over an hour, finally ate some leftovers from last night, and have decided to call it a day. Don't have any real plan for the weekend. I am really tired so may not do much. I have so much trouble with sleeping, it is not unusual for me to be up at 3am, this morning it was 4am, don't know why, but that is how it has been for me for years now.

Well, hope everyone has a nice weekend. Waves to all...

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I didn't get home from work until a little after 8pm.  Don't ask, lol

Twinny, I am sorry about this turn of events with your Mom.  When our kidneys don't work well, that can mess up everything.  They filter the blood and if the blood isn't filtered properly that can jack up so many other systems in the body.  It's hard when you understand the reality and your brother prefers to live in what I call his 'my little pony' world - not reality.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Linda L, what a rip that your year old toilet started acting up.  You need a plumbing problem like another hole in your head.

I'm glad the nurse confirmed from we all know - you are doing the best you can for your beloved.  His condition is unpredictable and I hope one day scientists can unlock the mysteries of it.

My black boots, which were ordered from Amazon on Halloween have still not shipped.  I have no idea what is going on.  It's been my limited experience with Amazon that they get stuff out the door quickly.  Right now, with these boots, I feel like I am dealing with the Q, just waiting and waiting for them to ship.

I'm tempted to cancel this order too.  Maybe Amazon is not 'all that' for me.

Honored Contributor

Pinky, I'm sorry your leg is giving you fits. 

Respected Contributor

Hi ladies!  I have energy but still cough cough coughing and taking sudafed and hoping it doesn't settle in my chest.  DH left work at 2 so we were home right at dark thirty, which was very nice.  Traffic was still kind of heavy, and as I was falling asleep I was dreaming I had to hit the brakes and woke myself up!!  ha ha!  I coughed myself awake at 2am so I'm online.  Happy to be home, washing clothes, putting things up, labeling the cabinets so my friends can find what they need.

Kyanne is all better too!  Thanks for asking.  She chased the ball through the house and brought it back to us over and over and over and over and over.  She sure keeps us entertained!

Linda, I'm glad you got to spend a little time with the club director.  SO glad you have some support.  Sorry about your toilet, what a pain.  We got here and the living room fan/light isn't working.  I'm so lucky DH can do that type of thing, and for now don't even care if we get it fixed.

Susan, I told DH that I felt "like a slug" (thinking of Kathy, who used to post here) and he got a big kick out of that.  He made some sluggish comment and I stopped him in his tracks.  I can say it but he cannot.  Ha ha!