Regular Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT -Friday January 1st - Happy New Years

Jean, those are some interesting side effects.  I think I would be a little apprehensive.  

Kathleen- glad to read about DD moving back...I'm sure you will enjoy that.  What kind of muffins?

Bernie, I'm going to try to do one drawer or cabinet today.  I need to make a move when the spirit moves me.

Not sure who mentioned scones...I hate this new board, but please send some my way!!!

Linda L...hospice was wonderful for us with my Dad.  I hope your experience is just as positive.

time to get something accomplished...besides my onion soup which is in the slow cooker.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Happy New Year!  Thanks for getting us started Susan, and have a nice lunch.  Also hope grocery shopping goes okay. I went to both Wal-Mart and Safeway yesterday.  The stores were very crowded, and several items I wanted to purchase were sold out.  It always amazes me to see empty shelves at Wal-Mart. 

I did stay up to midnight -- just barely.  I was reading in bed, and waited to see the 12:00 come up on the clock. Said to myself -- happy new year, and went to sleep.  Of course, I couldn't get to sleep right away, but I turned off the light and closed the book.  DH had been sleeping for hours.  I did see the ball drop in NY since it was only 10:00 here.  

Sounds like you have some pretty good goals for 2016 snicks.  Hope your and your DH's health stays at status quo or even improves.  I made scones years ago, and I have tried them at a local bakery, Starbuck's, etc., but for some reason I just don't care for them.  Hope you enjoy the ones you prepare.

Hope you can get by without using that medication with all the possible side effects, Jean.  It always amazes me to see the TV ads for drugs that can cause things like death, etc. I would have to be pretty desperate to try them.  I know that can happen -- being desperate, but not for me so far.  Hope you don't have a very cold winter this year, and your health continues to be okay or better.

Hi Bernie -- good for you with your de-cluttering.  I am trying to do the same -- bit by bit.  

Hope you enjoy the movie, Kathleen.  My grandchildren loved it.  I have only seen one Star Wars movie -- the first guy I dated after my divorce.  Much to my embarrassment, I fell asleep and almost fell out of my seat.  I'm just not a science fiction fan, although I know so many people are.  Different strokes.  The fireworks sound since, and good for you figuring out how to use your RV oven.

Good luck with your fitness and de-cluttering goals, Karen.  I am sure this will be a better year for you.  Hugs.  Thanks for your encouragement about hospice.  I know several people who have had very positive experiences.  Wish that these types of resources had been around/available when my Mom and MIL were towards the end.  It is good that people are recognizing the need of patients and their caregivers.

Glad you will be headed back to the sun and warmer weather, Barbara.  Hope you have a safe trip.  That is something about Syd staying up until midnight -- wonder if she will take a nap today.

Waves to Arlene, twinny, Marijane, LindaR, Charlene, Rosa, pinky ann, spix, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

I started taking Christmas decorations last night, and I'm continuing this morning.   Trying to save only those items that I really love.  This will probably take most of my time today, but I will take a walk and do some exercises indoors (I have dumbbells, etc.)

My SIL's car was totalled, and she will be buying a new used one with the settlement money plus getting a car loan.  She asked me for my opinion, and I told her that I would pay the monthly payments as I had been doing for the totalled car.  Actually, this will be the third car for her that I have been paying for -- yikes!  She is extremely grateful, and I'm happy that I can help.  But, I won't be unhappy when I can use the money for another purposed.  The doctor said that she should just continue with OTC pain killers and heat, etc., but if her back hurts more, she might need physical therapy.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Happy New Year to all of you.  DH & I had a nice dinner out with friends last night.  Then we came back & played board games. DH & I celebrated the new year in the hot tub with a wine cooler.  Slept good afterwards!  Susan, I must have gotten my 2nd wind last night.  My resolution is not to beat myself up any  more as I am doing my best in taking care of mom's needs.  Have gun at your luncheon.  The tree came down this morning & everything except some of my snowmen& winter owls.  SNICKS, our weather was so good until Monday.  Sunny today & yesterday.  It should be sunny now for a week.  DH & I did a whole house purge 2_years ago & I haven't missed anything that we got rid of.  JEAN, those side effects sound awful.  A CPAP machine would drive me nutsy!  Have fun in the city.  Phone is ringing gotta run.

Esteemed Contributor

Wrong number.  A lady asked me how much money she owed me.  She was calling a jewelry store with a similar name to our last name.  NO we don't own a jewelry store.  Ha.  Ha.

Bird Mama, you have a great resolution.  I am loving a quiet day here too.  After reading your post the other night, we also have our DS's HS stereo in our guest bedroom. It has 2_CD players, radio & turn table.  He asked why we still had it.  I said "because it was very expensive when we bought it four him.".

ROCK CHICK, we only have firework's here on July 4th.  I enjoy making rhubarb muffins.

Karen,  happy belated birthday to you.  It sounded like you had a great dinner out.  I am so looking forward to a new year & getting my life back to normal again.  Have fun with the TSV.  I bought something similar probably 10 years ago, but it bothered my shoulder's.  I am fine when I use it four my leg strengthening.

Sydsgma, I hope that you have a great trip back to AZ.  It sounded like you had a nice time with your family.

LL, mom's Hospice nurses are very nice & they call me several times a week.  Of course mom's situation changes often.  Yesterday she kept telling me that she had moved to a different home.  She was very confused about everything.

Off to visiting mom.  Hugs to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

Happy New Year's everyone!!!

Had a nice day yesterday with my DS.  He wanted to take some items to his dorm room, so I went with him and he gave me a tour of the campus.  It was nice seeing his school.  Today I am taking down Christmas decorations, but am moving rather slowly.  It may end up being a two-day process.   ~   Charlene

Respected Contributor

Charlene:  How nice you got a tour. 

I went to chuch last night.  As I was leaving I realized the firewords had already started.  My poor Mr. Boodles does not like the noise.  He gets very upset.  I was already running behind so I told him I wouldn't be long---when I was coming home saw some deer crossing the road in my subdisivion.   Got home and didn't see him.  Finally he appeared--I think he may have been hiding---he has a spot where he likes to hang out but usually as soon as I drive up he pops out.  So we went in---and settled iin for the rest of the eveining  I heard booms well past midnight.  Today he has been sticking close.

Today the shleter posted pictures of dogs that had come iin.  Some really cute little dogs--hope they find their way back hoome. 

Kathleen:  I missed th enews that your DD is moving back----geat news.

LindaL:  Glad you SIL wasn't seriously injured---but it can sneak up. 

Twinny:  Glad to hear your family finally got home.  My newphew spent three days trying to get back to MN from TX. 

Respected Contributor

OK, I've had it with this *#$&% worthless board - just lost a long

message; will catch up tomorrow. 

Happy New Year everyone! 

Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone. I'm watching the Vionics show. I do like that line but I also like to listen to Liam talk. He also is a little eye candy.

For some reason, I keep thinking this is a Saturday. Holidays mess me up. I had intended to do some work around the house today but didn't do it. Not good!

138,000 of the TSV have been ordered; I was one of those. I had used something similar to this in physcal therapy once.

I plan to go to the city tomorrow. I need to get my nails done and pick up something I forgot the other day. So much for lists. Work awaits on Monday.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Muffins i use a Martha White blueberry wheat mix, add craisens, ground flax, quinoa and mexican vanilla paste.

DD and boyfriend seem quite taken with each other. He does better playing guitar in Austin so they will both be moving back when her lease is up.

Loved the movie! Never saw the prequels.

Karen happy birthday. I love to declutter (phone says flutter ha ha).
Respected Contributor

Twinny i love rhubarb, reminds me of my Iowa childhood but it's very very expensive to get here.