Honored Contributor

Shopaholics - ODAT - Friday, Jan 15th

Good Morning and Happy Friday to all,

It's not as cold this morning as it's been the last few days.  That has me thinking about my fashion choices as I head out of the door to run some errands.  I will probably swap out yoga pants for jeans (just in case the car gets fussy on me).  It's sloppy out and since I don't want to ruin my favorite lucky brand boots, I will wear my JPC St John Bay ankle height suede winter boots.  Thank goodness it's still cold enough to get away with a hat on my head, because I don't feel like fussing with my hair right now.

I've planned the route for the day and it looks like I'll be able to leave the car running (within line of sight) at each stop.  Since her starter is fussy I don't want to push my luck (wink).

I've received all of the orders placed at the beginning of the year.  I'm not sure if I should have fallen for the 'true to size' comment on the new Avia sneakers.  I wanted them so badly and ordered an 8 1/2.  Usually I buy an athletic shoe in a 9.  I guess I'll  know the first time I walk on the treadmill. 

On the agenda for the day:  bank, swing past doctor and pick up lab test results from December, drop off at the recycling center - wow do I have lots of cardboard (from all the online orders) boxes.  The washer should be delivered some time between 2 and 6 pm.  This weekend is when I remove the Christmas decor so I will probably get that started today.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics - ODAT - Friday, Jan 15th

Good Day to all who stop by.

Errands to run here also, @Bird mama, love the hat comment, one thing I like about the colder weather, wash hair, let dry, put on hat, no fuss, of course when I get home I hope no one comes over.

Here we each have a re-cycle bin in the alley, sure makes it easy to do our bit for the planet.

Tonite is our sometimes Friday Martini's & Pizza nite with the neighbors, easy & fun time to catch up especially in the Winter when we're not out & about around the park, etc, as much.

Hello to all that stop by

Honored Contributor

Good morning ladies, thanks @Bird mama for starting the thread this morning. Hope your errands are uneventful this morning. I too have some cardboard starting to pile up from the fashion shopping I have done recently. I will need to make a run to recycling for that soon, maybe next week.
@spix, enjoy your nite with the neighbors, sounds fun.
Today is the day I will start the prep work on the bathroom walls for the painting, (still haven't picked a color yet), so my choice in clothing for today won't be anything I would want to be seen in public wearing, lol. Nothing much happening here. Our temps will be dropping all day, we started at about 46 degrees. Hope everyone has a great day. Waves to all.......
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Hey, this is my very first visit to Shopoholics ODAT! 

I almost feel guilty about my recycling efforts . . . The garbage company comes every week for garbage and every other week for recycling. All I have to do is break down the cardboard boxes, everything else is single-stream.

Going to a Christmas party tonight for the company I do a little bit of graphic design for. Pup went to doggy daycare at 7:00 this morning, so the day is mine to destroy, lol!

Have great days getting your missions accomplished!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Good morning!  It is Friday!

Bernie, when my son lived in MI, he had an extra  car key made so that he could leave the car running while it was locked so he could make a quick run into a store.

I orderd the TSV, love it . Ordered the dusty blue, will wear it with a black cami and black bottom. On me I can see it with a pencil skirt, pants or capris.  i love poncho's and wraps like this.

Respected Contributor

Hello friends and readers!  I am out running errands today too.  Bought a pair of jeans the other day that fit so well I wore them out.  By the time I got home was having to pull them up.  Boo!  Taking them back. 

Finally have a couple boxes ready to ship, need to get them out the door.

I slept great last night.  Yay for 8 hours of sleep!  I'm not sure what supper will be but I have some ham (thick sliced for Beloved) and some natural organic grass fed hamburger.  I tried it last week and was delicious.  Couldn't believe how great it tasted. Looks like it will be hot today.  I had a hoody on and did laundry but it's way too hot now. 

Doing the study "Crazy Love" and really liking it.  I am a big fan of Francis Chan.  Hugs and hellos to all!

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Sounds like a busy day for you.  They pick up our recycled items once a week here, which I really appreciate.  I remember when I needed to take them to a recycle center, and I would let things stack up for a while.  Hope you love your new washer -- what model did you purchase?

Have fun with your neighbors tonight, spix.  Sounds like fun, although I am not a martini drinker, I sure another beverage would work. 

Stay warm, snicks.  Good luck with your painting preparations.  Our walls are plain white, which DH likes, except for the "Arizona room" we had added on. I had that room painted yellow.  I love the yellow, and the hospice nurse commented on how nice it looks.  She said her husband is a fan of brown.  I like brown okay, but I guess I prefer white to brown for most rooms.

Welcome MaggieMack -- enjoy your party tonight.  Glad your puppy is at daycare so you can do your own thing.

Hope you like the TSV, Rosa.  When I saw it, I thought of you and my DD.  Turns out that she loves it, and I ordered it for her.  She wanted black (practical), so that is what I ordered.  But, if it were for me, I would like the color you ordered or maybe red.  

Sorry about those jeans, Kathleen.  I have that problem sometimes, and I end up either sending back/returning or donating them.  I think it is a case of too much spandex or something.  Either of your dinner choices sound good to me.

Waves to Jean, Arlene (thinking about you), twinny, Susan, Marijane, LindaR, Charlene, Barbara, pinky ann, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

DH is at the club, and I took a walk after dropping him off.  I have a potluck to attend at lunchtime, and I made an apple cake to take there -- cut it into smallish pieces so ladies don't need to struggle to get a piece.  

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Cricket performed like the car I know her to be. 

P.S. I am not selling her - I must have been delirious when the thought crossed my mind the other night. 

I ran my errands in an hour's time and then came home and took down the Christmas tree and put all the holiday decor away.

I picked up my blood test results from December - I am so excited.....

My overall cholesterol dropped from 229 (borderline high) to 197 (normal).  My triglycerides dropped from 167 (borderline high) to 109 (normal).  My HDL increased just a little from 40 to 43.  I need to move my rear on that treadmill and that should improve that score.

Okay, my personal cross to bear - LDL (bad cholesterol).  It dropped from 141 (borderline high) to 132.  Borderline starts at 130 so I guess I need to work harder to get the LDL under 130.

My doctor never called to crab at me because I improved in all areas. 

Some of my values regarding hemoglobins in my red cells are still low.  I think I can fix that with an iron supplement every other day.  I've always flirted with anemia, so this didn't even trigger a response with the doctor :-)

I gotta tell you - the cholesterol thing was a load off my mind.  My doctor and I had made a deal - let me try on my own and if I can't drop it, I'll take statins. 

@LindaLatte

I bought a GE top load washer.  It's nothing fancy, model GTW180SSJWW.  Most of the reviews are favorable.  Some folks say it's loud - well mine will be in the basement.  I have a GE fridge (from 2009) that is loud so as long as I can tell the difference between the washer and furnace I will be fine. 

From a fashion perspective, some reviewers state the spin cycle is like a vortex and they worry about their clothes.  Geez, I hope that washer does not eat my clothing.  Usually that's something you need to worry about with an agitator.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack, welcome, hope you have a great time at the party tonight.

@fybm8282lsm, good idea about the extra key. Hope you enjoy the TSV, sounds like a nice outfit the way you mentioned wearing it.

@Rock_chick, I can't stand to wear jeans that need to be constantly pulled up, hate that, hate that, hate that, lol. Glad you got great sleep last night.

@LindaLatte, hope you enjoy the pot luck, your cake sounds delish. Keeping you and DH in my thoughts, always. Such a hard path the two of you are on.

@Bird mama, awesomesauce on your blood work. You do such a good job with being your own best advocate there. Hope your washer is installed soon, if it's not already done, hate waiting around on something like that.

Have a nice afternoon everyone!

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Bernie. You did an amazing job on your levels. Statins are terrible. I have taken a product called blood builder from time to time. It is available on Amazpn. It does elevate my crit levels.

Welcome to our new posters!!

Today is beautiful. I so hate the falling jeans! Not sure why splice spandex is used