Valued Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Friday, Feb 5th

Good afternoon. 

I have been fighting a sinus infection all week gave in and went to the Dr ,she gave me 10 days of an antibiotic.  It pained me to take a day off...I like to save them for fun 

I've done nothing today but lay around, hopefully I will be able to go to ds' baby shower on Sunday 

My daughter in law 's mother is giving her a prayer box she asked everyone to write out a prayer for Genevieve, I  think that is such a sweet idea. 

I hope everyone is well I have really been out of it this week 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. Enjoy your yoga pants and they are obviously great if you were motivated to order more at a great price.

Twinny--If that TSV cleanser should appear at my house, I might be tempted to try it. I had intended to order it but became caught up in things and didn't get around to doing it.

Rosa--I do hope the antibiotics kick in and take care of the infection. I completely understand not wanting to take a day off from work.

Linda--That is sad news about the DH of the lady in your caregiver's group. I am glad that you have options for DH which permit you opportunities to get out and do things while also permitting him similar opportunities.

Marijane--Sorry about the snow. I just heard on the weather that there is a possibility of one hitting us near President's Day, a day on which I am scheduled to have the bladder and kidney scopes over an hour away.

Kathleen--Job hunting can be so stressful but sometimes extra income in the family comes in handy. I also think you enjoy working when it is the right fit for you.

Spix--Steaks sound good. I have one ready to go also but I use a George Foreman. I don't like anything grilled outdoors.

I just checked my order status and see that the Alegria sandals were delivered to the Post Office by UPS an hour after I had been there. I'll pick them up sometime. I've worked every day except Tuesday so I almost have a car payment earned this week.  $120 times 3-1/2 days is $420 but that won't be the take home. The car payment is $405 a month for 48 months. I'll be happy to see that end but I am thoroughly enjoying the car.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Hi girls! 

Well, I've been wanting to meet more people around here, and I did meet the nicest lady today.  Unfortunately, it was when she cut in front of me in street traffic and clipped my car.  Cat Frustrated Not really bad damage, just a dent and a broken light, but she called the police right away to get an incident report so her insurance can pay for the damage.

It's back to being cold at night. I hadn't planned on going out today, but my cousin posted about paczki (Polish jelly donuts) and that reminded me that Publix only has them the week before lent.  So, I looked to see when that is, and had to go out and get some.  I'm having dinner now and will probably spend the rest of the evening in my bedroom with my Kindle (to listen to) and my coloring books...I'm really enjoying coloring the fashions.  I'll get back to cleaning tomorrow.

Sorry you're not feeling well, Rosa.  Don't forget to eat yogurt while you're taking antibiotics - yeast infections are no fun! 

I love my yoga jeans that I got in Sam's a few months ago - I have both blue demin and black.  That was a good purchase that I use a lot.

Wow, Jean, that's a steep car payment! 

Well, I have to call Mark before it gets too late. I'm having a problem with my back lock again - the house settles, the door frame shifts, and the lock won't engage - I've had it fixed several times already.  (sigh)

Hi to everyone -have a blessed evening!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Arlene--The car payment may seem high but I'm paying off abut $21,000 in four years or 48 months. I could have paid less per month by dragging it out over 5, 6 or 7 years. All that does is add interest which increases the total cost of the car.  As it is, I got a fabulously low interest beause of my high credit score.

Sorry you had the dent in the car but it sounds as if the other driver was very responsible. I do hope Mark can fix the problem with the house.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.