Honored Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT - Friday, Feb 5th

Hello and Happy Weekend to all.

I received my new lee jeans last night and my new yoga pants.  I love those yoga pants so much, I ordered 2 more pair on clearance, with 25% off and $10 reward certificate from JCP.  I wear yoga pants all of the time - I even sleep in them.  I am really happy to have gotten such a good bargain.

They call them slim pants and reference french terry.  They are not french terry and they are yoga pants, lol.

Made For Life™ Slim Pants - Tall

So, how is everyone doing on this glorious Friday?

The eyes of the future are looking back at us and they are praying for us to see beyond our own time
Terry Tempest Williams
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Friday, Feb 5th

Was ready to hit 'post' and it disappeared, lol.

Hi everyone, and thanks @Bird mama, for starting the thread. Glad you got your jeans and yoga pants, and could get more at clearance too.

We did not get hubby's truck back yesterday, but will today once he gets home from work. Then I will be going to granddaughters play tonight. I tried to start a constuctive project today, but ended up just doing the normal stuff. I did receive the dress from Kohl's, but haven't tried it on yet, maybe later this afternoon or tomorrow. I like how it looks, and it looks like it will fit. Will find out for sure later. Nothing exciting happening here. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Bird mama, How nice that the pants are so nice that you went back for more pairs.  I found some great pants at Kohl"s by Apt 9.  They only came in black, but I also went back for a 2nd pair.  I had some good shopping at JCP last week too.

I put my first order in to QVC in just over a year.  I got the TSV on Tuesday & it was shipped yesterday.  It was the clay cleaning compound & 2_cloths.  I looked at the shipping schedule last night & it was either in VA or WV.  Maybe it is going to Jean's house.

It is a nice sunny day.  We got a dusting of snow last night & DH fell while doing his walk.  Thank goodness no ripped cords or bloody knee.  

Off to see mom soon.  She gets very impatient, but I guess that is too be expected.

SNICK'S, I bet that you are glad to get your DH's truck back.  I hope that the dress is a perfect fit for you.  Have fun at the play tonight.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started Bernie.  Glad you were so happy with your jeans and yoga pants.  I really like yoga pants myself, but I only have two pairs (one from Sports Savvy).  I keep trying to tell myself that I don't need more pants, but I do look from time-to-time.

Glad you are getting your DH's truck back, snicks, and enjoy the play tonight.  Sounds very interesting, and special since your DGD is a big part of the production.

Hope things go well with your Mom, twinny.  Glad your DH wasn't seriously hurt when he fell.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, Susan, Marijane, LindaR, Charlene, Rosa, spix, Gayle, pinky ann, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.

I dropped DH off at the club and took a walk before heading to the post office to mail the evening bag to DGD (this is the vintage bag she can carry when she goes to the prom with youngest DGS).  There was quite a line, but I made it to my class on gender studies in plenty of time.  Very interesting class.  I needed to order a book from Amazon for the class, so I did that first thing when I got home.

Next I am off to the gym, and then to pick up DH.  They had a "wear sports team " apparel day, and I had him wear a hat and sweatshirt for my favorite football team (Washington).  He doesn't really care about any particular team, so I figured it was fine to wear mine.  I found out from the caregiver that the husband of the lady in my caregivers group passed away yesterday.  He had been in hospice for two years or so, and she had just put him into an assisted living place in late October.  Apparently, he was in pretty good shape and spirits when the caregiver visited him on Wednesday, but started failing after dinner that night.  I'm sad for Doris -- very special lady.  According to both the nurse (who came yesterday afternoon) and the caregiver, he was a really nice guy.

Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Ladies....sun came out this afternoon,had about  8 inches of snow this morning and school was called....their 1st snow day.  We may be in for a bigger storm Monday...a.coastal one.

i saw that cleaning compound Twinny and was tempted to order...you will have to let us know how it does.  Have a nice visit with your mom today.

Great deals on those yoga pants Bernie.

Snicks have a nice time at the play  I can imagine all the work that your GD has put into directing it.  Hope your DH  truck will be done today,

That pocketbook sounds very nice LindaL that your GD will use.....when is the prom?  Sorry to hear about your friends DH.

Not much here....did some laundry today and a little shoveling.  wE're waiting for the guys to come and plow out our driveway....the road is already down to the blacktop....the town always does a good job.

Have a nice day everyone......Marijane 

Respected Contributor

Hello friends and readers! Linda, so sorry fire your friend. My DH keeps talking about not living long (friends in their 90s still going strong) and I can't imagine being with out him. I guess Jesus will carry me through it if that time comes. Hugs to Doris.

Barbara the puppy sounds adorable! Bernie, glad you are happy with your new clothes.
Respected Contributor

Afternoon, seems like all are having a good day, except for the snow, which we here have avoided considerably this Winter, but I do believe it'll come.

Things here are quiet, phone & text to keep up with BFF's condition, now it's down to a few days, just wish I could be with her, but I think she knows I'm there in spirit

Steaks tonite, too bad they won't be on the grill, but that time will come.

Stay Well

Respected Contributor

Marijane, glad all that snow doesn't allow you down too much!

I've been a slug today. Just now finally got out and need a few groceries. Thinking about a job. We are slowly watching our savings dwindle.

Looking forward to the weekend with Beloved.
Respected Contributor

Spix, enjoy your steaks. DH will not let me buy then until we have a grill. I told him we could cook them in a pan, That people all over the world do that, but I guess not in Texas 😂
Honored Contributor

@twinny70

I ordered the clay cleaner TSV also - original scent.  One of the ladies I post with on the Bird's Nest and Back Fence threads uses it and likes it alot.  I hope I like it too.

The eyes of the future are looking back at us and they are praying for us to see beyond our own time
Terry Tempest Williams