Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT - Friday 4/29

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Not much exciting going on around here, just did grocery shopping and now washing clothes.  Can't believe it is the end of April already, where is this year going?  

What is everyone up to? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Friday 4/29

Good morning all and thank you @PAlady, for the start. The year is really flying by isn't it. Nothing exciting happening here today either. Got laundry going (4th load in washer), have mopped up the kitchen and downstairs entry way floors, making a new to me dinner, so that's started, and if it's not too wet, will go out and mow shortly. Hope everyone has a nice Friday. Waves.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Just checking in to say hello to all of you.

DH & I arrived safely at our nieces home Wed.  afternoon & had a good time with her family at Cracker Barrel for dinner.  They live in a beautiful English Tudor home.

We got into KY yesterday morning & went to a mall which was nice, but no purchases.

We stayed at a nice state park last night in TN.  We are sleeping in our Subaru most of the time, but a motel is nice now & then.  There are lots of nice parks to stay at & be safe.

Tonight we are going to the world's largest fish fry in Paris, TN & hope to see the rodeo.

It has been in the low 80' s & 70's today.  It is supposed to rain tonight so the rodeo may not happen but the fish fry is indoors.

I am beginning to feel better & it is so wonderful to get away for a while.

We are winging our trip so we don't have to be any special place after today.

I need to read to see what you are all up to.  I hope that SNICK'S is a GG by now.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Hello, busy this morning getting the lay of the land on a new project that was assigned to me.  Mind you the project started at the end of February, lol.

It's all good though, I am a professional, he he he

We've had on and off rain and will continue to have on and off rain so no lawn mowing for me this weekend.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Twinny -  Somehow Paris and World's Largest FishFry just do not go together.  Hope you and Dh are having a good time.

Off to walk the dog before it rains.

Respected Contributor

Afternoon, Thanx @PAlady for the start, I swear I'll blink my eyes & it'll be the Holidays!!

Snicks you are a busy one today, good for you, feels good to have it done.

@twinny70, Glad to hear you're having fun & perfect weather along with it, maybe the rain will hold off.

A quick run to the store, came home with a whole chicken, think I'll stuff it for supper, DD will be here & leftovers will be eaten.  Dreary but still nice to see everything greening up & blossoms on some of my trees, don't know what they are but sure do look pretty.  Have to get the house picked up, etc, friends are in from Florida, will be here tomorrow nite for drinks then out for dinner.

My Mom's ashes arrived yesterday,  don't really know how I feel about it, seems weird, DS won't be in for maybe a few weeks yet, then we'll do something at the cemetery with the family that's still around & out to lunch or whatever, but I did find myself talking to "her" strange.

Take care all & have a great day

Essie

Trusted Contributor

hello Ladies....looks like Twinny is the only one so far doing something exciting!!  HOpe you are having a nice time Twinny and continue to have nice weather.

Good luck on your new project Bernie......I did see your pix's of Rocky the other day.... Hope he continues to do well and rejoins his family without too much problems.

Do you have any plans to visit your GGD again soon Snicks?

Not much here.....it's chilly out ,in the 50's, and I think we are due for some rain later.  DH went out before and brought back some Japanese food for lunch.....so it looks tonight it's whatever you find in the fridge it's yours for supper.....usually when I have a big lunch I never like eating later.     Tomorrow we are off to Bklyn for a belated b'day party for our GS.....in some kind of sports event place......meaning a bunch of screaming kids oh well. Next Sat. je makes his first Holy Communion so another visit to Brooklyn is in order.

HAve a nice afternoon everyone.....tonight the YAnkees will be playing the dreaded Red Sox up in Boston.....I think both teams are stinking so far this season so it will be interesting as to who will win!         Marijane

Honored Contributor

@spix

Essie, long story.  My first dog was buried in a pet cemetery next to my Ma's dog.  Sad to say, I have visited and tended those graves more in the last 20 years than any humans graves.  My Ma adored her dog and her express request after the dog died was to be cremated when her time came and have her ashes with her dog.  My sister had Ma's ashes and after about 9 months, decided she was ready to lay Ma's ashes to rest.  Because I have been the sole visitor to the cemetery all of these years, we could not make a big whoop out of Ma.  My sister and I went to the cemetery and I dug some holes and put Ma's ashes in the dog's gravesite.

When my DH died, he wanted to be cremated.  After being his care giver for a relatively short and intense time frame, I was comforted having him home.  Mind you , spiritually I know he is in a better place. 

When Max by dog died in 2008, I had him cremated.  Same thing as my husband.

Now, I talk to my DH frequently out loud and don't direct the conversation to the beautiful hand made urn that I ordered.

The deal was, all three of us cremated (DH, Max and me) and toss us together.

Some folks find it weird, some folks find comfort and some folks fear the dead and anything associated with the dead.

Are you having your Ma interred (sp?) in a cemetery? 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama, I like your plan of all the ashes mixed together, wish I had thought of that when DH died, too late now tho.

The plan is for us to sprinkle/rake in Moms ashes over Dad's grave, it's what she supposedly made my DS promise, I do believe its against the law here, but I know of many who have done it, just takes some subterfuge like you're planting flowers or whatever, DS girlfriend is a cop, she said she'll help us, don't know if that will work, wouldn't want to get her in trouble.  It's so expensive to have a grave site opened to drop a small box into it that many diy.  Do you have a desingated digger? I don't mean the name of someone just is there someone to do it?

Essie

Valued Contributor

Birdmama, I would love to meet you , we seem to have several things in common.  I have my DH ashes in my home.  My son and I plan on sprinkling them at his favorite hunting spot, but it has been 2 years and we both find comfort in them being here in my home.  I also have talked my dh many times outloud.  My dh also suffered and I know that he is in a better place.  Although I am in a wonderful, loving relationship with Mark I still think of Lee everyday  Mark is very accepting of this as he was a good friend of Lees' for many years..  We both miss him and talk about him