Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics: ODAT (Friday, 3/26)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

We have had the weather here - At least 60 mph winds at times this morning.  It is still windy but not as bad.  I did watch a tree snap in half behind our house, luckily it did not hit anything.  I can not complain too much after seeing what has happened in the south.  I do feel very sorry for all the people there.

Not much happening around here, just doing the wash and weekly shopping.  I know, I am so exciting.  I hope to start some spring cleaning here, everytime I think I am going to start I need to take someone to a doctors appointment.  Next thing I know the day is gone.  Oh well.

Right now taking time to watch British Baking Show on Netflix, I do enjoy watchiing it.

What is everyone up to today?  Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: ODAT (Friday, 3/26)

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Susan.  It is windy here, but not as bad as the past couple of days.  Our high is predicted to be 63 degrees which is below normal.  Still, much better weather than many places.

Hope you get your chores done with no problem.  I distract myself from cleaning all the time.  There always seems like there is something more important/better to do.  Not a valid excuse, but.....

The pest control guy came to spray today, and I asked if he could help me get the hose nozzle off the hose in the back.  He was kind enough to do so, and it required a great deal of effort and more time than he should have taken.  At one point, I thought I would just buy a new hose if he could get the old one off.  Yikes!  The only thing that made me feel a little better was that it took a strong man so much time and effort to get the nozzle off.  I had chalked it up to my weak hands and felt bad.

Nothing exciting planned for the rest of the day.  I will do an exercise DVD and maybe take a walk.  I am busy learning about knives and knife techniques, so I haven't even gotten to the cooking part of the vegan cooking course.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda 

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics: ODAT (Friday, 3/26)

[ Edited ]

We got some rain last night and it was a little windy this morning.  I feel so bad for the tornado victims down south.  I received a text from Meijer's pharmacy tonight and scheduled the first Moderna vaccine for Monday morning.  I found out yesterday that my cousin Mark died from coronavirus.  It's tragic to me because he was 'this close' to being able to get vaccinated and didn't get the chance.  Michigan is really ramping up vaccinations this week and mass vaccinations start next week. Whatever side effects the first or second shot gives me, it will not compare to what my cousin went through for a week Woman Sad

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise