Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT Friday 2/26

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Again, no TSV for me, I do not wear shorts or skirts.  I think it is pretty, but just not for me.

Bernie -  Saw your picture of your skunk, be careful it does not make a home inder your porch or shed, if you have one.  They are cute, if they are in someone elses yard.

Not much going on today, got the grocery shopping done, can't wash clothes until tomorrow.  DH painted the floor in the laundry area, so we can't walk on it until Saturday, guess I will have to find something else comstructive to do.

Well, off to find the constructive project, have a good morning everyone.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT Friday 2/26

Good morning all. Thanks @PAlady, for starting. I also saw the skunk, @Bird mama, hope it doesn't hang out at your house all spring & summer. Cute pic though. No shopping for me today either. I've got birthdays, and a wedding coming up that I need to shop for though, soon. Off to run a couple errands, then I don't really know what project I will work on, I have several things that need my attention, as usual. Waves to all....

"To each their own, in all things".
Valued Contributor

Good morning, heavy winds cold temps and blowing snow. 

I like the TSV but I don't wear skirts that short, but think it is a good value.

I am on hold so thought I would check in.

Meeting friends tonight for Mexican and of course a Margarita, Church on Sunday that is about it for the weekend, hope to run some errands Sat. That it about it.

I hope that everyone is well

Respected Contributor

Hi  everyone. We have had a lot of company this month...all very enjoyable but it did take a toll on me physically. Mi have been reading daily. .

i am back in the north country..had my infusion on weds so fell much better. Back to az on Sunday and then will be home for the summer in early April. Sydnie gets to take her puppy home on April 1.

((((((Hugs)))to all

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, no TSV for me either. I tried on a SG Graver skort last September while I was at the QVC Outlet store & I looked awful in it.  Too bad as they were $9.99.  If I were 30 years younger....

I feel like I am on a roller coaster today.  Got up early to make breakfast.  Then we went to 2 grocery stores.  Dropped DH off at home so he could take his walk while I did some banking for mom.

Mom was good yesterday, so we are taking her to Pizza Hut for lunch.  Then we hope to hot tub later this afternoon.  If I am lucky I will get a nap in too.

The clinic called me today saying that I made 2 appointments next week for my infusion.  I am getting it on Monday instead of Friday.  I have been trying to take it easy, but right now I am tired.

The weather has been good so that is a good thing.

Supper tonight is leftovers from last night.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

It looks like I was posting when several of you were too.

SNICK'S,  It looks like you have some fun shopping & parties to go to.

Rosa, have fun at the Mexican restaurant with friends, & enjoy the Margarita.  Your weather sounds like it is on the nasty side.  Hope that it improves real soon.

Sydsgma, Company is fun but tiring for me too.  I am glad that you got your infusion & feel somewhat better.  We have a few friends that go to AZ for a couple of months, but they are glad to be back home for spring, summer & fall.  I bet that Sydnie will love her new puppy.

Honored Contributor

Hello and Happy Friday to all.

Unless JCP gets an order of tall pants (for summer) that I can't refuse, I'm not really jonesing for anything on the shopping front.  I have a birthday party for my sister tomorrow and a birthday party for my eldest great niece (the big 5, lol) next weekend.

That reminds me, I need to visit the bank and get some money for the cards, rofl.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Afternoon All, dreary here today but warming up a bit, might break a record high for the week-end, strange Winter.

I only wear shorts around the house/yard, never out in public, those days are gone forever, legs still look good in panty hose but that kinda defeats the purpose lol

Ah skunks, for years my neighborhood has had an influx of them, my last dog, chocolate Lab, made a big stink (pun intended) to go out in the middle of the night, opened the door, out she ran, oh my, her & the skunk tangoed, got her in the shower, only had v-8, no tomato juice but I thought would be ok, it did work after many dousings.  And yes you don't want them nesting in a secluded area of you yard, like under a deck, etc, the aroma is awful, one time I ran over a dead one in the road, couldn't avoid it, my whole car smelled awful, had to drive with all windows down.

As far as Spring/Summer clothes, I have enough for life, the problem is my wants & needs get all mixed up

That's it for now, see ya later

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! It's a gorgeous day out there - bright, sunny, and mild.  I don't "have" to go anywhere, but it's so nice out I might take the dogs for a ride and maybe pick up some Chinese food; I've been craving lo mein for some reason, although it's not one of my regular favorites - I usually get mei fun, Schezuan shrimp, or Kung Po chicken & shrimp. We'll see...  I don't know why, but for some reason it seems like a Saturday today.

I made an appointment to take Whisper to the vet tomorrow; poor little guy's URI isn't getting any better, although it's not worse either, but I can't stand to see my little sweetheart miserable and snuffling. Apart from a runny nose he's fine - he's eating like a horse, and shot past me and out the door earlier when I went to put the food out for the outside cats, and did some exploring before I could catch up with him.  Some antibiotics will help clear it up more quickly.

Bird, that skunk is adorable!  I don't think we have them around here - at least, I've never seen one.  Before you came to the boards I had a possum named Kibbles who used to come into the house every evening for some kitty kibble, eat, and leave.

Given your love of boots, I found a good hack for you yesterday: Get some of those pool noodles (Dollar Tree has them out already) and cut them to the height of your boots. Put the piece of noodle inside the boots and voila! They'll stand up straight in your closet and not fold over and get ruined. Cat Happy

I've been having fun in a FB group that ostensibly is Christian; a wacko joined and he's a proponent of the flat earth theory that's so popular these days.  Who would have ever thought that a day would come when people reject obvious truth?  SMH...

Gee Susan, since you're looking for a project, it's too bad you don't live closer - I'd let you come over and clean my house! Cat Wink  I wouldn't make that offer to just anyone, but you're special...and I'd even feed you!  Cat LOL

Enjoy your hot tub, twinny - wish I had one. 

Well, I guess I should get dressed and get moving; I have homework to do, but it's fun. I do have to laugh at the naievete of some of these kids in the discussions - they have no idea of what the real corporate world is like. Many of them are in for a rude awakening! 

Hi to everyone - have a blessed day!

Honored Contributor

@FunkyHulaGirl

The pool noodle is a great idea for keeping tall boots upright Arlene.

At one time I had a raccoon that would come by every night around midnight.  Since I get to bed before midnight these days I don't know if the raccoon is still coming by for a visit.

The ducks around me are getting ridiculous.  I was used to one or two couples coming by in the summer.  Since January of this year I've seen 6, 13 and nearly 15 ducks in my yard at one time.

Must be hungry.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise