Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Friday 10/23

Hi Susan, and thanks for getting us started today.  The weather here is nice, not as nice as 2 days ago, but nice.

Snicks, it's supposed to rain tomorrow morning which will make raking the walnut tree leaves easy later on in the day.  Walnut tree leaves are small, so when they are damp, the rake gets them more easily. 

LindaR, I heard this morning that the hurricane is expected to be really bad - 200 MPH winds. Officials in Mexico are worried about folks being swept up and Texas is going to receive a lot of rain over a few days.

Rosa, I know I read Yetti.  Somehow I thought Yeti and got this mental picture (lol).

Twinny,  I'm glad the neurologist appointment went well.  Your mom may not be able to see all of the details on the 'color tour' but I'm sure she'll appreciate getting out of the rehab.  Enjoy dinner with DH tonight.

Barbara, I'm glad you made it to your AZ home.  My question about the bees is how did they get in?

LindaL, it's hard not to feel dizzy upon rising when you don't get enough sleep.  I can't imagine how hard it is when someone you love starts yelling at you over the simple things like bedtime.  Even though you know it's part of the condition, it's hard to not take it personally. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

Birdmama, that Yeti may be cheaper!

A Yetti is the Rolls Royce of coolers, the ice is supposed to stay frozen for 10 days.

Esteemed Contributor

That is amazing -- 10  days!

Thanks, Bernie.  I try to keep things in perspective.  I know this disease is very hard on him.

Respected Contributor

I know someone who has a yeti cup she has to hide it when leaving her vehicle. I saw a display of coolers. They are very expensive. I understand the cup keeps ice 8-10 hours.

We have been having showers today. Heard a report of a portion of the interstate being closed due to two feet of water over the road. I saw the reports of Mexico. Saw a satellite view. 60!miles across
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Linda: hugs to you. You have a lot to handle.
Honored Contributor

Heard a report of a portion of the interstate being closed due to two feet of water over the road. I saw the reports of Mexico. Saw a satellite view. 60!miles across

LindaR, that's just frightening!

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Hi girls,

I'm really discouraged and depressed right now. I just had the handyman over to give me an idea of what it would cost to have the air ducts replaced; I also have to have my bathtub knobs replaced, since one of them broke when I tried to take a shower last night, so there's no hot water. (One of my crooked handymen - the one who I felt sorry for and paid before Christmas, then he never came back - was supposed to have done it, so I already had the knobs).  Well anyway, the so-called "universal" knobs don't fit to I have to get new ones anyway, he won't charge much for repairing the ducts, but he thinks the ducts will be about $150 (those bloody cats did a lot of damage), and he said the most important thing was that the section of concrete in the basement that fell over (it's part of a wall that goes around the center of the basement and caved in from the floods in the basement...after the "lovely" people I bought the house from swore up and down that the basement has NEVER flooded) is leaning against a foundation post, which could cause the floor above it to cave in....  He told me to call a foundation company to get their opinion, but said that he'd do the work for far less.

On top of everything else, Jellybean is missing again...I closed the door to the closet he had gotten into securely, and it's still closed, so I can't imagine where he is....

Prayer much appreciated.

LindaR, please do be careful; I was reading that this is the worst hurricane in history, so the stores will probably sell out of everything quickly.

Have a good night everyone.

Valued Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Sorry to be posting so late, but I missed the thread earlier when I checked. I've started off the last two days feeling ok, then late in the morning feeling weak and shaky, It might be hypoglycemia, as I do have it, but it seems a little different than that as today I thought I'd done better with my eating..

My plans to go to Macy's sale changed from going to the store, to trying out shopping there online. Whatever doesn't work out can be returned on my next trip to Target or Sam's. 

I haven't even read the thread yet, but I will tomorrow. Happy  weekend everyone!!! pinky

Esteemed Contributor

LINDA L, You have so much more on your plate than I do right now.  HUGS to you.  I am glad that the visit with your DH's DD was fine even though a short visit.  BIRD MAMA, Our neighbor's walnut tree had only a very few nuts on it this year.  Since it was loaded last year, I hear that every other year will be good or bad.  The tree has no leaves while our red maples are still beautiful.  SYDSGMA, It would be interresting to find out how the bees got into your home in the first place.    ROSA,  that must be one fancy cooler.  PINKY, take care of yourself & shop with joy.  Our dinner was wonderful tonight.  We also had  nice surprise when ordering our meal.  They give you an envelope each time you dine there & it is opened at the table before ordering your meal.  Our's was worth $20 off our total bill.  We ordered the full rack of ribs to share.  I also had a nice salad, garlic bread & soup while my DH had baked potato & salad & garlic bread.  Our part of the bill was $3.15.  The waiter was so much fun so I am sure he will be happy with his tip.  FHG, Other than to say prayers for you, I am at a loss for words right now.