Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - February 1st

Hello Ladies, nice and sunny here, it was 4 degrees this morning but has "warmed" up....we are expecting the snow too.....maybe ice on top of it...they are saying 10 inches or so.....nothing you can do about it but complain....and I do plenty of that.

Jean that ring is unusual but nice. I have many rings but rarely wear them......I am more of an earring person I guess. I had been good last month also, but like Sydsgma bought some Linea items.....I do like his clothes and happy he came out with his "leisure line"

That was sure a long meeting LindaL....I guess you are glad it's not every month!

Not much going on here, I ran to the store this morning,not too bad,parking lot was filled though......I guess I will be watching the Super bowl....for the commercials....I'd like the Patriots to win but I am not really a foot ball fan...I do like to watch the college ones though.

Have a nice day everyone.....enjoy watching the snow Twinny..it does look nice but in my opinion somewhere else! We have gotten quite a bit in the past 2 weeks. Marijane

Valued Contributor

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to stop by and send my condolences to Karen. I am so very sorry for the loss of your mom.

Jean, I don't know if you remember me, as it's been awhile since I've posted. This past fall/winter I returned to posting gradually, after a long absence. Now I post regularly on a thread in Among Friends, as well as whatever topic interests me elsewhere on the boards. I'd considered coming back to post here again, but felt unsure, as I seem to have more trouble finding things I want to buy, rather than buying too much. I hope that won't matter, as it was always nice chatting with everyone here.

Reading the boards lately, I notice lots of folks decluttering and watching what's coming into their homes closely. I see many of you ladies here are doing the same. We've been paring down steadily for a few years now, but made the biggest dent in things after we lost my mom. It amazes me how there are still things that can go after all we've gotten rid of! We don't bring much in, so it I guess that over time what seemed important to keep at an earlier time, seems not so necessary now.I emptied out a medium size cabinet that I'd brought home from my folks house yesterday. It wasn't too full, but I didn't want to add areas to maintain and cleanout, when we have plenty of space in our kitchen cupboards.

We're supposed to have the wintery mix today, and it's starting lightly snowing at noon. I did go to my usual mass this morning, and got some groceries yesterday, as I had to go to the hardware store anyway. I really wanted to pick up something different for lunches, more than needing to stock up for the weather.

I hope everyone has a good Sunday, and isn't having many weather issues. It's time for me to lie down awhile, as my back still calls the shots. I'll check back later. pinky

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane, you have gotten a lot of snow this year. I talked to my DS last night and he said he didn't go to work on Tuesday, but went back on Wednesday afternoon. He had Thursday off. He said they are expecting about 10" of snow. Pinky Ann, welcome back to the boards. These ladies are a fun bunch. My body calls it's shots too.
Trusted Contributor

Welcome back Pinky Ann.....nice to see you posting here again. I remember seeing pictures you had posted one Christmas of your decorations.!

Twinny I think your son gets our weather after us......my son has gotten a lot of snow this year too...last weekend he had 27 inches....on top of what was on the ground already.....he lives up in Portland......loves it there!

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane, our DS& DDIL live about 10 miles N of Boston. He has been there 18 years. They both love it there too. DH & I love ME in the spring & fall.
Esteemed Contributor

Pinky--It is so great seeing you posting here again. We post here for a variety of reasons but I think one of the biggest is to have a sense of community, fellowship and belonging. We are all on different paths but the essential goal is satisfaction with the way life is going or to share our ups and downs as we progress along life's highway. Yes, it is amazing after we make a big dent in things that we can still find to go as we feel less and less of an affinity or closeness or attachment to them or what they represent. Finding trouble finding things to buy? That is a challenge as so many things no longer meet our standards, or we don't need them. You were missed, so welcome back!

Marijane--I do hope the snow isn't too much. I like the Linea items but in the past they have been too dressy for my casual lifestyle. I am a ring person and rotate them based upon mood. Enjoy the Super Bowl!

Sydsgma--I have yellow and white gold and silver. I really look better in the white metals and with the price of god, sterling has become a definite friend. Enjoy the Twin Cities and have a safe trip home. Enjoy the Linea items!

I've spent over an hour pulling items out of a bookcase and cleaning it. I found a couple of figurines that were given to me years ago when I was in a dolphin phase. They were token gifts but they no longer represent an interest, so I have decided to let them go. I do have items from the individuals who gave them to me. If these were expensive, I might have wavered but the attachment is no longer there.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Jean the new "" leisure "" line that has come out is much more casual. I do have some items in his regular line but these I am liking better.
Valued Contributor

Thanks so much for the welcome back Jean, Twinny, and Genny! I'm so glad to reconnect with all of you, and certainly have missed the companionship, and sharing that happens here daily. Twinny,I still decorate, but I'll have to dial it back a bit as this year getting things ready was far tougher on me than I'd expected. I have pieces ready that I want to pass on, but will have to store them out of the way until fall, as it's too late to do anything with them right now.

We have a new kitty at our home that we named Grayson. He was dropped off in our area, and I happened to be in the kitchen when I saw him meowing on the deck. He was about 10months old when he arrived, and is now just over 2years old. He's such a sweet cat, and seemed to have had a rough start, as he was afraid of his own shadow for the longest time. He's got lots of creamy white fur, and the rest is that orange tabby color with stripes on his tail. All three of the kitties get along well, but from day one, he's loved our middle cat Rocky. They're as close as brothers now,and Grayson watches everything the two older ones do. Not always a good thing! lol A third cat was never on the radar, but I couldn't imagine not having him now. I hate to be away from the house too long, as he misses me so much if I have to be gone awhile.

We're having soup for supper tonight, as I made a big batch after church this morning. It's been quiet all day, as the snow continues. I know it's the Superbowl today, so have fun if you're watching! I'd considered straightening out the closet with the decorations in it, then reconsidered. Tomorrow will be fine, as we have to wait to have the roads done anyway, and there's nothing we need to go out for right now. pinky

Esteemed Contributor

Great to see you posting again Pinky Ann. Your "new" cat sounds so cute. At this point, we have no pets, so I just look at pictures on Facebook and enjoy seeing/petting them when we visit someone who has pets.

I have several Linea items, and I really like them. But, I haven't tried the leisure line yet. When Barbara (sydsgma) and I met, she was wearing one of his "leisure" tops, which was very nice.

Church and the gym went well, and it is nice and sunny now so I think DH and I will be headed out for a walk soon.

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--I'll have to check out the new leisure line when Spring/Summer buying urge strikes. I had one of his tops from when he first came to QVC, but when I lost weight and then didn't need fancier clothes, I just admired.

Pinky--Your cat sounds adorable; I think he was lucky to have found you. I love the name Grayson. Soup sounds good, and the closet straightening can wait. I do hope the snow doesn't get overwhelming.

I've been alternating reading with streaming from Netflix. I really needed to do more work but rest is also good.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.