Honored Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT - Black Friday Edition (Nov 29th)

[ Edited ]

Hi Shopping Friends, did anyone brave the stores today?  I sure didn't Woman Very Happy  I received the Vera Bradley bag from the Q the other day and made sure it was packaged nicely before I stuck it in the closet.  It's a Christmas gift from me to me so I'll open it properly on Christmas.

My JCP arrived in 3 shipments this week and so far so good on those items.

I enjoyed my Thanksgiving dinner with my sister yesterday.  It was peaceful and the food was delicious.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Black Friday Edition (Nov 29th)

I did do some online shopping but I decided to not leave the house!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Bernie.  Thanks for getting us started.  No shopping for me since I had my varicose vein procedure this morning.  That went well, but I am supposed to be laying down on the bed or couch rather than sitting up.  Also supposed to walk 5 minutes per hour.  Yikes!  

Our weather has been unusually bad today.  Lots of rain and wind, plus the temperature is going down during the day rather than up.  My Caregiver friend was very kind to take me to and from the doctor, and it turns out that we have more in common than I thought we did.  Interesting.  Such a nice person.

I'm a little stressed because I cannot take my usual long daily walks for at least a week.  But, I sure don't want to get a clot.  

I thought I might be able to do some shopping or looking on the internet, but it was out for several hours and only is back on now.  Just as well, since I have too much stuff to begin with.  I am waiting for a few orders -- nothing exciting, from Amazon.  The microwave pack for my Corning dish exploded the other day, so that is one of them. 

DD and DGD did some shopping at Wal Mart and the Mall -- went early (around 6 am.).  She said the stores were not crowded at all, and they found some good bargains.  My oldest DGS is in retail, so I am sure he had a busy day.  Both of his brothers were also working.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Welcome Fastdogwalker.  Cute name.  

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

Bernie - Thanks for starting us today.  Glad you got your Vera bag.  I have quite a few pieces of VB.  I like VB stuff because it is light on my shoulders.

Linda - Glad the procedure went well toda, don't forget to walk.

Fastdogwalker - Welcome.

I went to Dicks Sporting Goods to get the GD's UGG boots.  I went late in the afternoon thinking most people would be home by then - Wrong - Everything was 25% off in the store.  I got the UGGS for 25% off but waited in line for 25 minutes.  I have to admit, they had all registers opened and they were being quick.

Off to watch some TV.  Have a good eveing everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

I love shopping, but not on Black Friday.

My 12 year old granddaughter wanted to go and her Dad was working so off we went the malls. 
  She wants simple things but it's hard for her to decide. After much trying clothes on she found things in two stores, then we did several  more  She shopped for friends and we had lunch. 
  Wild Birds had 25% sale on items that would fit in a bag, so we got birdseed, peanuts and she carried the bag out for me. 
  We found a free cookie at Barnes and Noble and took one to her Dad. 
   Tonight I got an e mail thanking me again and saying that it's all she wants for Christmas. I responded with  🤣😂! 
    I always give the kids too much. But, it wasn't too bad the lines went fast and it was a nice day together. 

Frequent Contributor

I had to pick up a prescription at Walmart and I was dreading going in, but it was Insulin so I had to go....I waited until afternoon but it wasn't crowded at all. I asked the cashier how everything went and she said a smaller crowd than they were expecting...I think most people are tired of the madness and shopping online...maybe waiting for Cyber Monday. 

@LindaLatte  I hope you're back on your walks soon...take care and get well soon