Honored Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT - August 11th, Thursday

Hello everyone, I didn't see a thread so.....

It is really humid outside in my neck of the woods - blech.  I just looked out the window at work and see some dark skies, maybe we will get rain today.

My driveway approach was poured on Monday and by the time I got home, it was set, so I was not able to add a doodle to the concrete, he he he.

That's about all the excitement I got this week :-) 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - August 11th, Thursday

Hi ladies,

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning all and thanks @Bird mama, for the start. Humid here too, but sunny skies. We had unexpected rain yesterday afternoon. Glad your driveway is poured, hope it's to your satisfaction. Sorry you couldn't put your 'mark' on it, lol.

I'm playing today, along with my usual daily stuff. Been in the pool and plan to get in again shortly. Had some swimmers over late yesterday afternoon, after the rainstorm. Guess I'll open my JCP package this morning, lol, I just put it aside when it came so fast. One day from order to receipt is unheard of these days.

Nothing else going on here. Hope everyone is having a nice day. Waves...

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Hi @meallen616, cute graphic, as usual. Thanks.
Trusted Contributor

Can I Play? I live out west and it hot and dry. Getting the Trailer ready to go camping up to the mountains where it cool and you can smell the pine trees. Love it.

Honored Contributor

@sweetee2, welcome and join in anytime. Enjoy your camping trip, sounds like fun. Love the smell of the pine trees.

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - Bernie - are you recovering okay from your fall?  I was hoping that you would be able to do a little drawing of a bird in the wet cement.  Your's must be a thankless job at times...auditing someone who doesn't care for you?  Yikes.  Mortgage, mortgage, mortgage!!!  Jean & Marijane - I also bought one of those scrubbers and I think it works nicely.  We have very hard water which leaves deposits and I just can bend over scrubbing and scrubbing like I used to.  Sweetee2 - welcome!

I also read that article about QVC's poor sales.  I noticed that during the past 2 weeks they actually had some decent sales/clearance days when they marked clothes and jewelry down to a more reasonable price (quite a bit lower than the normal clearance price).  I think they might be experimenting to see what works.  I think pretty much everybody on these forums has complained about how the Q's prices have increased too much.

I just got in from fertilizing and watering.  Found another gopher hole in the basin of one of my grape vines.  Bad gophers!  I still miss my cat Fergus - he was quite the little hunter and kept the rodents at bay.  Anyway - We are enjoying eating the sweet grapes, just want to say thank you to the vine and water it!

I had another migraine yesterday.  I'm pretty sure that allergies/sinusitis is triggering my recent cluster of migraines.  It's frustrating.  Oh well.  Today I will continue watching the Olympics, sort through old clippings, and type info onto my computer that I want to keep.  For dinner I'll be using up some eggs that are getting past their prime.  Hope you all have a good day!  ~  Charlene

Respected Contributor

Afternoon, Thanx @Bird mama for the start, sorry you didn't get to put your doodle in the driveway, I have some in various concrete projects around here, one in the basement, had some pipe repair done in the laundry room,  black Lab at the time stepped in it, paw print still there, I love looking at it, he was our first dog & was quite a character.  Our weather the same, really, really, hoping for the rain

@sweetee2 Welcome, & good for you to find a cooler spot while camping, enjoy & come back any time

@Snicks1 hope your JCP package is all good for you, unbelieveable delivery time.  Hope your rain is heading this way

@meallen616 Happy Thursday to you my dear

Just got in from Dollar Tree, did find the plastic blue table cloth, now I can cut it up into large ribbon type strips to tie on the trees in honor/support of the men/women in blue.

Wishing all a great day

Essie

Respected Contributor

OOPS @cerb, we must have been posting at the same time so I missed it, sure hope your migraine doesn't last long, from what I've heard they're quite painful, get some rest if you can.

Trusted Contributor

CERB-I had Migraines probably since I was 10 years old. Anyway 16 years ago because of a different medical issue they found a hole in my heart which they repaired and I have only had 2 Migraines since. It might be something you could look into.