Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics - ODAT (April, 7, 2016)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Love the TSV, but have something that looks like it now so I won't be purchasing.  

Have a dental cleaning today a little running around to do.  I had to have the pharmacy fax to my doctor a request to refilll a prescription a month before my appt with that doctor.  After two days of checking with the pharmacy and the doctor not acknowledging their fax , I call the doctor's office.  They do not do refills if a pharmacy requests one.  Okay, I understand that and that is fine, BUT, you would think the doctors office could have let me or the pharmacy know that instead of ignoring their request.  Okay, I will get off my soapbox now.  I just had to get that off my chest.

Well need to get moving for my appt.  Hope everyone has a great morning.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics - ODAT (April, 7, 2016)

Good morning all, thanks to @PAlady, for starting us today. Hope your dental visit goes smoothly and your running around. That is strange about the doc not doing refill requests from the pharmacy, or at least letting you know. That would aggravate me also.

Nothing much going on here, just doing some regular cleaning, as opposed to shampooing carpet. It's very chilly out this morning but the sun is shining and of course the wind in picking up again today. Have a nice day everyone. Waves.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started Susan.  Hope your dental cleaning goes well.  Those sorts of things with the doctor and pharmacy are very irritating to me as well.  I think that they would want to let you know what is happening.  Feel free to vent anytime -- I certainly have done so often enough.

Enjoy your regular cleaning as much as that is possible, snicks.  We are having a rare cloudy day here, and it is supposed to get windy later.  But, definitely not cold.  I think we are expecting cooler weather tomorrow, but cooler will be highs in the 70's.  That would be a heat wave in some parts of the country.

I was pretty warm this morning, which motivated me to go through the closet and move out some cold/cool weather clothes so that I could put in some more summer/spring weight things.  I also found some things to donate or put in my maybe donate pile.  I have almost a full bag ready for donation, which is good.

I ordered a DVD with stretching exercises (it is from the "Aging Backwards" program, and I got one that is supposed to help with bone strength.  Yes, I am pretty obsessed about bone strength.  LOL  I tried it out yesterday afternoon.

DH did pretty well yesterday and last night.  I talked to his DD about the place I visited, and she didn't discourage me from looking into it.  She also told me not to worry about spending DH's money for his care.  (She and her brother will inherit his estate, so I do feel that I need their okay.)

I forgot to ask the facility about respite care, which I understand they offer, but I did ask about the price -- definitely not inexpensive.  But, I understand that is in the normal range around here.  Still hoping that it will never be necessary for me to place DH in a facility -- I'm praying for strength either way.

That is wonderful about your Mom, spix.  I think chocolates are a great gift idea.  

I have my caregivers group this afternoon, and I'm really looking forward to seeing some of my fellow caregivers and sharing experiences.  I have not been able to attend for two months due to my classes.  The club allows us to drop off our loved ones there while we attend the group, so DH will be there for an hour and a half or so.  

Nothing else planned except for walking, doing some exercises, and cleaning.  The hospice nurse will be coming this afternoon.

Waves to Jean (working today), Kathleen, Arlene, twinny Bernie, spix, Marijane, Charlene, Rosa, Barbara, pinky ann, Gayle, LindaR, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

I have been reading your posts at night, but right now I am tired physically, mentally & emotionally.  

DH & I went to our local home show last Saturday & watched a real estate gal give a presentation on buying/selling a home.  She came this morning & gave us an appraisal on mom's home.  So far we have 2 different people interested, so we might not need an agent.

I had a haircut on Tuesday, voted with DH, had lunch at Chopsticks & had an appointment with the lawyer to get mom's financial things in the correct order, as she made quite a mess of things.

I have sold quite a few things from the house & the fellow that bought most of mom's furniture, came this morning & bought lots of kitchen items.

DH & I have been going to mom's house almost daily to get it very clean as the realtor said that the house needs to be military clean.  It is there except for the garage.  Lol.

I had a very minor cold for 2 days last week but all is well now.  Tomorrow I get my ears cleaned as I have wax in one of them & it is driveIn me nutsy.

I just bought a $99 trac phone card to give me double minutes for another year.  I will get 800 more minutes to go with the 400 minutes left from last year.  I hope that it is an easy process.

Hugs to all of you, & prayers for those with ailing loved ones & fur animals too.

BIRD MAMA, You are a true Angel for caring for your feathered friends.

We have a gal coming to look at mom's home at 5:30 & then we are going out with friends for dinner at our local Italian  restaurant.

We have had warm weather, cold weather, rain, flurries & a mixed up ground hog that predicted an early spring.  If it never got warmer than 70 I would be so happy.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know what the TSV is for today, but when I was in the Capitol City last week,  I bought a nice pair of pumps from Life Stride.  They are black with croco trim, a strap with about a 2" stacked heel & memory foam.  "Rosalyn" is the name, but I don't know how to post a picture.  They were $44.95 which was a fair price until I saw them in the marked down shoes area for $27.99.

I am also loving the 2 new jean jackets in white & coral purchased from Kohl's.

DH & I are so ready for vacation.

DH is setting the table for lunch.  It is leftover beef stew in the crock pot from last nights dinner.

Respected Contributor

Hi girlsl!

I'm trying to not cry; Mark called and said he'd take Angelica today.  I just took some pictures of her (or tried to - she wouldn't stay still) and gave her a bath - he annoyed me when he told me to give her a bath as he doesn't want a stinky dog in his (old beater) car.  Excuse me?  I keep my dogs clean...and his car no doubt reeks of cigarettes!  Anyway, she now smells of lavender doggie shampoo. 

I love her so much, but this really isn't the right home for her.  She's loving and affectionate and needs lots of attention, which I don't have time to give her.  She's too strong for me to walk (she pulls me over), and since she runs off, I can't leave her in the yard, so she's fat from not getting exercise - she's depressed, and spends most of her time in her doghouse; when I go outside she's all over me, looking for hugs and kisses. I can't bring her inside - I have nice things that she'll chew up if I'm not watching her, which will just get me angry with her. His kids are 2, 4, 8, and 9, so she should get all the play time and affection she could ever hope for. I can also go back to taking Autumn and Honeybun to the park - we all need the exercise.   I know it's the best thing for all of us...but oh, it's so hard!  Cat Sad  I did take her for a drive last night; we went to Wendy's drive-thru for chicken nuggets - she loves those - and I just gave her ice cream, which she adores. (Yes, I know she needs to lose weight, but....she will in her new home.)

Susan, it's not just doctors - customer care is just about nil these days. I remember my first job, which was in the personnel department of an international company.  Every applicant who interviewed but didn't get a job got a nice rejection letter, which I typed; these days they just leave you hanging.

LindaL, it's good that you're considering options; you have to take care of your own health as well.  I always pray for you.

The Operation Christmas Child boxes go all over the world, to the poorest countries. What Samaritan's Purse does is deliver them to a church or school, where the children are presented with the gospel message. It's explained to them how someone they don't even know cared enough about them to send them these boxes full of presents, then they're told about "The Greatest Gift of All" - eternal life through Jesus. They're given an age-appropriate book about the gospel message, it's followed up with a course about the Lord if they're interested, and they get a graduation certificate at the end.  I spoke to one woman who went to Haiti as a missionary and helped distribute the boxes; she said the hardest part was making the kids understand that all these wonderful things were now theirs to keep - she said they literally had nothing, and no concept of ownership.  If you're ever feeling down, go to YouTube and type "Samaritan's Purse" or "Operation Christmas Child" in the search box, and you'll see videos of kids opening their gifts, but be warned - they're addictive!  This is one of my favorites - and this boy hasn't even opened his box yet!  I doubt any kid in American exhibited such joy!

No special plans for today - I'm waiting on Mark to come and do some more repairs; I'm a little annoyed - he had told me the cost for fixing the water heater would be $50, and I gave him something to return to Harbor Freight that was almost $80, as he needed money, so I told him to put the rest towards future work.  He's now claiming that since he had to come back a third time, I should let him keep the rest.  Yeah, well...it's still a good price, but I feel like he's being less than honest; he should have said something up front.  I got my last exam for one class done last night in half the alotted time; hard to believe tomorrow is the last day of that one, and there are five weeks to go on the other.

My phone keeps ringing with two different out-of-state numbers; I don't recognize them and don't answer the phone (or the door) if I don't know  who it is, and I'm getting really, really annoyed - it's every few hours, a dozen times a day, and they don't leave a message. Cat Mad Get a clue, people!  

Well, Mark just called to say he's on his way, so I'd better get moving. Hi to everyone - have a blessed day!

(And now I AM crying, because Angelica is leaving...I keep telling myself she deserves a better life than I can give her, and I saw how much Mark loved his little dog who was killed, but...it's so hard...) 

Honored Contributor

Hello all, it's cooler here and I would swear I hear snow forecasts for the next couple of days, lol.

Rocky the pigeon has made it another day and can limp along (right foot is tender still), drinks water from the bowl and eats food (I made sure I saw that with my own eyes).  Now that Rocky has been with me for nearly 2 days and the shock has worn off, I will introduce a broad spectrum antiobotic to his/her water for the next week.  Want to make sure we fight any infection from the inside as well as the outside.

The progress will be understandably slow.  I would post a pic but Rocky's injuries border on graphic and I don't want to upset anyone.  Rocky tried to preen feathers yesterday.  I consider that a good sign because one day after an attack and the bird is concerned about hygiene.  Not that many feathers on the body to preen, but I give credit where credit is due.

Arlene, I hope Angelica finds happiness with Mark and his family. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Afternoon, Thanx @PAlady for the start, weather here sure is weird, out & about this am & pow, was like a blizzard, traffic snarled, 2 blocks later nothing, then some rain, then more snow, now nothing but cold & wind

@Bird mama glad to hear Rocky is improving thanx to you & your special care, maybe he'll spread the word & you'll have a "fly-in clinic", but seriously you do good work & you care

@LindaLatte glad DD had a good nite, gives you some rest also.

I also need to get busy with weeding  out

@PAlady The doctor's office sure goofed on that, common courtesy should have had them call you or the pharmacy, my drs office does fill those requests.

Alone for supper tonite so I think Marie Callendar is calling my name

Good Evening to All 

Respected Contributor

Well, Mark started hemming and hawing about taking Angelica...I don't want to give her to anyone who won't be absolutely crazy about her.  Funny, but the Lord led her to my house...I guess maybe I'm supposed to keep her!  

I think I'm going to have to get a kennel for her, though - my neighbors' side of the fence is down, and I'm not about to pay to fix THEIR fence, even if I could afford to...  She totally wrecked the screened-in back porch, so keeping her there after it's repaired isn't an option.  I could use the kennel, and when she's supervised (like when I'm in the pool)  put her on a trolley. She loves her Doggie Palace dog house, so I could put that inside the kennel for her and she'd still have lots of room, plus have protection from the sun, rain, and cold  I've been looking around, and one that's 50 sq. feet is under $200 at Sam's - more than $100 cheaper than anywhere else.

This guy does good work, but he's really annoying...has a smoker's hack and spits up all the time (gross!) , and was complaining he could smell cats in the house. (He doesn't like cats....and I have an ionizer by the litter boxes and spray X-O everywhere, so it's all in his head.)  I told him he stinks of cigarettes, so we're even!  Cat Wink

Anyway, I dio love my sweet girl...I'm just trying to do what's best for her.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FunkyHulaGirl

Arlene, I will pray that what's best for Angelica emerges.  A kennel sounds like a good idea at least for the interim.  I agree that she probably has pent up energy just dying to get out. 

I wondered how Mark's dog got hit by a car in the first place.  Does he have a fenced in yard?

Also, I thought some other guy expressed an interest in Angelica.  Was it Mark's brother or does he have a grown son?  Then again, I have pigeon on the brain so I could be totally off base.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise