Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics - ODAT - 10/5/2015

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

I had a dentist appt. this morning, so the teeth are now nice and clean.  Just sweeping floors and moping the kitchen, since we don't have a furbaby, I forget to sweep because ther is no dog hair to remind me.  

Not much going on here today, I went to Battery Giant today to get batteries put in two watches, but the guy working didn't know how to replace them.  Guess he was filling in for the owner (there was a death in the family and this guy was filling in) so I felt kinda sorry for him, I will go in a couple days and try again.

Not much else here, I have two more rooms to sweep so I better get moving.  Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics - ODAT - 10/5/2015

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started Susan.  Good for you with the cleaning.  No furbabies here, and like you it is easier, to forget to sweep.  DH does keep me busy since he has a big tendency to drop things on the floor.  Sorry about the battery replacement problem.

DH and I went for a walk this morning -- it was pretty nice (not too hot or cold), and then I went to my strong bones workout.  The leader was not there, and sent an e-mail suggesting we discontinue the workouts due to lack of interest.  The three of us who attended agreed that we could continue the workouts -- just on Monday, at least until Christmas.  One of the ladies is a former pastor, and will be starting some volunteer work at her new church in January.  I never could come on Tuesdays due to my volunteer work, and Thursdays are more of an issue now that I'm back in "class" on Thursday afternoons.  I hate to leave DH alone too much.

Other than my dermatologist appointment this afternoon, nothing special planned for today.  I may try to stop by Beall's outlet -- I have not been there since Curves closed (it is in the same area.)  Monday is senior day (discount).  Not that I "need" any clothes or shoes, but I do like to look.  Sometimes I find some gems at reasonable prices.

I know that Jean is working today -- hope that went well.  Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Marijane, Barbara, Bernie, snicks, Rosa, LindaR, Barbara, Charlene, Karen, Gayle, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies. Hoping everyone is well today.

Thanks for starting us today PALady. Sorry about the battery problem. I do have a dog but can still somehow look past the hair some days, lol. Glad you got your dental cleaning done, I love that feel afterwards.

LL, that's too bad about your strong bones class, kind of seems like the leader is the one mia most often so maybe she doesn't have any interest, lol. Good luck with your derm apptmt, and have fun shopping, if you do stop in. I kind of like the TSV today, but am resisting as it looks to be a higher heel than I can wear comfortably anymore.

I'm not sure what I have spent all day on, but I've been busy. Still have more fall decor boxes to pull out and sort through, got that started yesterday, but not finished. Need to head back downstairs to work on that to hopefully finish, I hate unfinished projects. Oh, the cake from yesterday was good, I will leave off the whipped cream next time, as it doesn't need it. Waves to everyone.

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

I HATE THIS (#*($ BOARD!!!!  In the time it took to write a message it signed me out, then I couldn't get back in; fortunately I don't trust it and copied the message before I hit submit....

Hi girls! It's a beautiful day out for a change - bright and sunny.  No special plans; I have to pay the balance of that joke of a fine, and after I do so I plan on writing a piece for the local newspaper about The Good Ol' Boys Network and the incompetence of the local Animal Control "officers."  They're messing with the wrong person!  Cat Wink Cat Mad

Oh, forget to sweep - that'll never happen in this house!  I have to vacuum at least once a day - I don't even put the vacuum cleaner away except on the rare occasions when someone is coming over.  In fact, I have to get the rug shampooer down and clean the dining room rug, as "someone" has been pooping on it every morning.  I do put some rug cleaner on it and scrub it right away, but I want to do a deep cleaning. Cat Mad  I got up this morning to find that those little demons figured out how to open the kitchen cabinet where I keep the paper towels (leaving them in the holder on the counter is out of the question), and the kitchen floor was covered in "snow."  Cat Frustrated  As for Angelica, she turned up at someone's house about two miles away, the lady posted her picture on FB, someone recognized her as mine and sent me a message.  The rotten little so-and-so lost her collar and a brand new tie-up, so I had to order a new collar - until then she's wearing Honeybun's, since she doesn't have a problem with running off, and Angelica cannot be let off a leash or tie-up for even a minute when she's not in her crate or in the car.  I did get a trolley so she can run around the yard; I have to get Victor over to put it up.  When I see posts on FB or stories about how pets lower your blood pressure and help keep you healthy I have to laugh - they haven't met this band of devils!  Cat Frustrated

Linda, I've gotten some nice things at Beall's Outlet and it's new "sister," Burke's Outlet, and for about two seconds I was tempted to go over there today and check them out, but last night I organized a couple of drawers in the dresser and - as usual - found a bunch of items I've never worn and forgot I even have.  Cat Embarassed

Yesterday afternoon (while Angelica was still MIA) I took Autumn and Honeybun out with me; I picked up some necessities at Walmart, and did break down and get a lounging set by George.  I don't bother getting dressed if I'm not going anywhere, but don't feel right wearing PJs all day, so this is a nice alternative - and it's so soft and comfy, and I can even wear it out for a quick errand. I went to Aldi, as their cheapie hot dogs are a good dog treat (my girls love them), and they had nice over-the-door things with 10 hooks on them. My coats and jackets are hanging in the room-sized winter closet upstairs, and I usually have 2-3 at a time downstairs, but they look messy on the back of my bedroom door, so this was as nice solution for abour $6 - I put it on the back of my office/library door, so I don't see them.   Since those two are OK to leave in the car (unlike Angelica who chews up everything except for her chew toys, which she ignores) I went to Cook Out for a late lunch; although it was between meals it was crowded, but not so much so that I didn't get a table.  I found out they're open until 3 a.m., so I could have gone there after the play the other night after all.  The girls each got a bacon wrap, so they were happy.  Cat Happy  When I got home I put everything away, and then even got some branches cut back and some weeds cut down; still a lot to go, but it's a start.

Bird, I checked the URL on that story and found that this stupid board posted it twice, which is why it came up wrong.  Try again here.

I have two more weeks to go on school.  Homework got done a day early this week, which felt good, but I have two long papers to write before the semester ends, so hopefully I can get an early start.

Where are twinny and Pinky?  Hope they're OK. 

Guess I'd better get moving - it's so nice out, I have to do something.  When I get home hopefully I can get the last of the water drained from the pool and put it away.

Hi to everyone - have a blessed day!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Arlene -- don't know about pinky, but twinny was going on a vacation for a while (PA and MD for sure, but can't remember where else).  Hope she is having fun.  

I forgot to mention -- looked for those special cake mixes Bernie mentioned, but Wal-Mart didn't carry the lemon flavor which was my first choice.  Maybe Safeway will have the lemon type.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan---Thank yu for starting the thread. Good job on keeping the house tidy and clean. I do hope you can get the watch batteries replaced soon.

Linda--It is good that you and DH were able to get in your walks. It sounds to me like the leader of the strong bones workout is the one with lack of interest. When a leader misses often, it results in people assuming she might not be there so why bother.

Snicks--Unfinished projects are a pain. I kmow that when you get all that Fall decor out, you will have a great selection to make your home seasonally appropriate....and some to give away. I'm glad the cake turned out well but experimentation does give us a hint of what to leave out ...or add when the item is next made.

Arlene--Your mentioning Fall and Winter coats reminds me that mine are in storage. Sometime,  I will get the energy to get them out. It seems that you find some great items at Aldi's. I haven't been in one for some time as it is out of way of my usual haunts in the city.

I did sub today in the 3rd-grade. It went well but I am tired as I didn't sleep well last night. I definitely work the next two days.

I went to the city yesterday to take in the movie, "The Martian." The movie is outstanding, so this is one time I agree with most of the reviews. I must say that I have a healthy respect for potatoes now, which is a reference to a survival technique used.

I was hoping to see the TSV presented so I would know what I'm getting, but I saw a "one time only" boot being presented.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone, hope your day is going well.  Susan - glad your trip to the dentist went well.  LindaL - I used to really like the Burke's/Bealles Outlet in my town, but they closed all their stores in California.  Bummer.  Arlene - I'm sorry that Angelica hasn't lived up to her name of being an angel.  I hope that you can find some kind of new home for her.  I have to say I snickered about the shredded paper towels.  Just picturing it sounds funny...but I wouldn't be laughing if I had to clean it up or go spend money to buy some new ones.  Jean - glad you enjoyed seeing "The Martian" and the 3rd graders were well-behaved for you.

I had a quick visit to the MD today.  I had to stop in there in order to get my prescriptions renewed.  I have a neurological movement disorder called Dystonia, for which I take 2 anti-seizure meds.  One of the meds is a controlled substance and now the state has dictated that you have to visit your MD twice a year to get that medicine.  What a nuisance.  I get angry when a few people abuse something, so the rest of us have to jump through hoops.  I'm also going to have to return to the dentist.  The crown that got replaced is still hurting.  I've been waiting, hoping that the pain was just temporary, but no, it hurts.  I've been procrastinating making the dental appointment.  Yuck.

On a silly but happier note, my big kitten Davis did his first "high five" trick today.  We've been working on it for about a month and he finally got it.  It's too cute!!!  Well, I'm not doing much else of note today, I'm kind-of tired and I'm going to rest.  ~   Charlene

Honored Contributor

Susan, thanks for getting us started today.  Glad it went well at the dentist.  It's a good thing the guy at Battery Giant was man enough to admit he didn't know how to replace the batteries in the watches.  I'd rather know up front than have someone scar up the back and sides of my watch.

LindaL - wow, I know the leader of the strong bones group has lung issues and for that I am sorry, however if the rest of you guys want to continue, then go for it.  I hope the dermo appointment went well.

Snicks - when you are sorting and organizing, the day goes by like a shot (lol).  Glad to read that the cake turned out well.

Arlene - I'm sorry that your companion animals are giving you fits.  I read the article about the guy who saved the woodpecker.  Sounds like he and I could be related. 

Jean - I'm glad you enjoyed the movie yesterday.  They've been offering OTO's since this morning (had the TV on while dressing for work).  It surprised me that they started OTO's so early.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Charlene--I also take one of those "controlled" drugs. I hate jumping through the hoops, seeing the doc the required times, and producing my driver's license each time the prescription is filled so it can be registered and filed with the legal network. It gets very old, but hang in there.

One of our tenth-grade students fell 15 feet from a tree stand for deer hunting and broke his neck. He is one of those who never created a problem and is well-liked by all.

Never heard of Beverly Moto, so I Googled her. Some You-Tube sensation, who may be enjoying a time fame and capitalizing upon it by over extending herself.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Charlene - I remember the first time I had to ask the pharmacist for Sudafed and had to sign for it.  It was for my sister and it really peeved me that some tweakers/huffers or whatever you call them went nuts on the ingredients in Sudafed and there I was near 50 years old having to sign for them.  If the crown is still hurting, perhaps there is a high point on it that is causing too much pressure when you bite down.  I'm hoping it's a simple adjustment and not a root canal in the making.  The Davis is such a smart cat.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise