Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics O.D.A.T. -- Wednesday, February 11

Twinny that was a GREAT price on the Scrub Daddies! I keep them around all the time now, since another Shopaholic friend (from a while back, MJ rarely ever posts anymore) sent some to me. I love them and have "shared the love" quite a bit now.

I actually met MJ the first "meet up" I think of ladies from the thread, at the Galleria in Houston and we loved it! I had never been into some of those stores and especially loved looking around at Tiffany's and Louis Vuitton. I've been a few times to the one in Houston and this was the second visit to the one in Dallas.

About 4 years ago my childhood friend had a conference in Dallas and I drove up and spent the weekend with her and we went shopping and had a lot of fun together.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon ladies:

I saw the pics of the snow in Boston area---wow---yes, we are having early summer weather but the folks say it will be cooler beginning tomorrow.

I have seen the scrub daddies at Walmart also. So you might wish to comparison shop. The Q doesn't always have the "best" prices. Last week one evening I was mindless watching ordered something I absolutely did not need. Woke up in a panic--jumped up to log on and in was "in process". Fortunately I was able to cancel. Lesson is not to watch mindlessly.

Oh I so dislike the "wait" for the phone call from the doctor's office. Seems to take forrever. I know they do their calls at one time but is it so worrisome.

Respected Contributor

Many years ago I had a friend who lived in Houston. I went to visit her and we went to the Galleria. I remember walking into Neiman Marcus and being wowed by the prices!. I had an aunt who was very well off and shopped at the exclusive stores.

Respected Contributor

We were particularly wowed by the places that had security guards in various places!! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Hi Gang, It's a beautiful day today, but I stayed home anyway. I had considered going to the mall or some of the stores near it, but just didn't have the energy. I did place an order online for a portable dvd player to be able to do my Leslie Sansone tapes on the deck in good weather, and down in DH's man space on bad days. I do walk when it's nice outside, but with our roads not paved, there are too many missed days. If this little player works well, more dvds can be added as I find them. Genny's mention of a weekend storm was not even much of a surprise, as it seems every few days now that something is coming.

We'll have our taxes done in the next few days, and it's always a relief to me when that's over. Hope everyone has a good evening, pinky

Respected Contributor

I'm eager to do our taxes this weekend! DD is running around, writing down accounts and passwords so we can check her info for her while she is gone. Taking care of business, it's very cute.