Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics New Year's Day (Weds. Jan 1st)

@geezerette   When I was working I did alot of walking, usually in 3 inch heels Woman Very Happy  Heels aside, I had to walk from the parking garage and then hike up 33 stairs to get to the main level of the Ren Cen (downtown Detroit) where the elevators were.  It seems like I moved more of my body (arms, etc) during the day back then.  Maybe I'm sitting too much these days.  I know I am somewhat crooked or out of alignment.

I had a total gym which I sold on facebook.  The videos that came with it were useless.  They went from one set up to the next and I would have to pause the DVD, change up the machine and try to get back into the routine.

I figure if I have to cords for the reformer right there and the straps set up, the most I'll have to do is add that springboard thing. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat   I think it's great that you are getting back into the exercise routine.  It's understandable that you took a break after the accident.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70  @KonaKat   I was taller than my husband and now that I think about it, he really didn't want me to fuss with the set up.  Made such a bad impression on me that after he died I gave it to my eldest sister who probably sold it.  We paid big $$$ for that thing.

Honored Contributor

Karen @ksmitty28   Happy New Year.  I'm looking forward to trying my new reformer.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@geezerette   When I was working I did alot of walking, usually in 3 inch heels Woman Very Happy  Heels aside, I had to walk from the parking garage and then hike up 33 stairs to get to the main level of the Ren Cen (downtown Detroit) where the elevators were.  It seems like I moved more of my body (arms, etc) during the day back then.  Maybe I'm sitting too much these days.  I know I am somewhat crooked or out of alignment.

I had a total gym which I sold on facebook.  The videos that came with it were useless.  They went from one set up to the next and I would have to pause the DVD, change up the machine and try to get back into the routine.

I figure if I have to cords for the reformer right there and the straps set up, the most I'll have to do is add that springboard thing. 

@Bird mama 

I've watched many of the Total Gym presentations, especially since they've started touting that you can do so many Pilates-type movements on it.  It looks too complicated for me and doesn't really look like the movements all would be quite the same as on the AeroPilates machine.  Besides, it's so expensive and looks heavier.

The rebounder (springboard thing) is for cardio workout and is totally different than the classic stretching Pilates exercises you do without it.  I don't use the rebounder at the same time I do the stretches.  I try to do a stretching routine in the morning and a little rebounding in the afternoon.

I found the videos easy to deal with.  I got mine back in the day when they were still tapes, not DVDs.  Anyway, I could watch an exercise, then pause the video and do the exercise myself, and then watch the next exercise.  Sometimes I had to rewind a few times to get the hang of the more complicated exercises.  Once I knew how to do all the exercises and felt I didn't need to watch the video while I was working out, I made myself a list of each exercise.  I named them and, if necessary for my memory, typed a short description of how to do the exercise.  I still keep the lists because I do different routines now and will forget the exercises for each routine.  But I haven't used the videos in years.

I think you will get the hang of it in no time. Another thing I like about it is that it's quiet.  No motor.  Your birds won't be upset.  In fact, they may join you.  One of my cats likes to sit on the board (or me) when I'm (trying!) to do the exercises.

If you worked in the RenCen, you certainly did get some exercise!  I can't even remember what it was like to try and walk in heels! 😱😄  When I lived in the area the RenCen was just being built.  They had a devil of a time with vandals using all those windows for target practice!