Honored Contributor

Shopaholics Memorial Day (May 25th)

Good morning Woman Happy 

It was hot and humid enough for me to have to kick on the central air in the house yesterday.  I hope this hot spell is short lived, I need a bit more Spring.

Lessons from Memorial Day 2019 | Jo's Country Junction

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics Memorial Day (May 25th)

Fressa posted this for today @Fressa 

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny and hot today. I'm crossing my fingers the A/C repair is the final "fix" to our problems. The man was here for 4 hours yesterday. Different man, different version of what is wrong with our system. Since the original company merged it's been a "mixed bag" for service & sales. This person has given us 3 different versions of what could be the problem. All varying in costs including replacing the big unit. It's 12 years old and had a 10 year warranty. I don't regard that as "old"..  All I know is that I'm exhausted with it all and my migraines are in full bloom. That's my "rant" for today.

The nice thing is that the iris that I purchased from Philip Watson are blooming in the front and the patio. I'm thrilled. Something grew!!!  Always surprises me. ha ha!!  So far the fence repair is holding but the true test will be when the deer herd returns after "firework" season. I saw our first hummingbird yesterday. It was the tiny one. We've had three different sizes that love those Clematis vines.(I can never remember the names of them)  So nice to see the "good" nature.

Today I hope to bath the dogs. I hate to miss a good "drying" day for that project.

Have a good afernoon/evening.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Happy Memorial Day 

This morning I woke up a little early for me, I didnt sleep well last night, had nighmares.

Any way, I prepared my breakfast, enjoyed three cups of English Breakfast tea, read and replied to some of my important emails and I posted the Song Of The Week.

While I was on my iPad browsing things, I decided to view the Lunchtime Specials and I fancied a blouse which I ordered. It is the A350236 in the colour Sand.

For some strange reasons, I do feel blue at this moment if though nothing has occured.

I better wear my headphones and jam to some Apple music, the beats may lift my spirit.

Ladies, Happy Memorial Day, enjoy your day, eat and drink well today, La Vie Est Belle, Life's Beautifull!

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, thanks for the beautiful picture of our flag.    Since our Memorial Day parade was cancelled, we listened to a very nice tribute on the radio.  It's certainly a different Memorial Day.  I hope that you have a nice lunch with your sister.  It's hot here too, so I am staying in. So far, we haven't had to have the A/C on.  Hopefully it will be cooler for the rest of the week.

fressa, I am not enjoying the hot weather either.  Never did like the hot weather and I am so glad we live in the Midwest where we have all 4 seasons.  June - August seem to last forever though.  I hope that your A/C is fixed for good this time.   So nice that you have a little hummingbird & your irises are blooming.

Our favorite breakfast restaurant is open, but we are too afraid to go in yet.  My DH wanted to do a carry out this morning for breakfast,  but they have a limited menu for the time being, & we couldn't get what we wanted.  Thus, I fixed hash browns, eggs, toast & a large mug of caramel cappuccino coffee.  

I just took a nice cool moped ride.  No walking though.  My big plans for today are to clean the freezers in the basement.  It's so nice & cool down there that I won't want to come back up.

My DH refilled the hot tub this morning, so we will enjoy it later this afternoon.  

Supper is burgers with mashed potatoes and yummy gravy.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon and Happy Memorial Day.  I think you are another one who should probably not visit southern Arizona often, Bernie, especially not in June.  They are predicting 100 degree temperatures starting on Wednesday, but today it is "only" expected to reach 91 degrees.  It is a "dry heat" which I find much easier to take than hot and humid weather.  

It was nice on my walk this morning, but my FItBit is acting up a bit.  Records fewer "active minutes" than what I take (not too far off), and way, way more stairs.  Hopefully, it will straighten out soon.  Seeing some of the homes on my route gave me "ideas" as DH would say.  I am looking into "shade sails" like one of my neighbor has.  My small front patio is nice (and covered), but the back is open and just too hot for much of the year.   I can see the mountains from the back (rather than the street from the front).  This "bright idea" may never come off, but....

Glad your lovely flowers are blooming, Fressa.   I adore iris.  Hope they can fix your AC and it isn't too costly.

Hi 

Esteemed Contributor

Dinaki, welcome to the boards.  I am sorry that you slept poorly last night, but enjoyed your 3 cups of English Breakfast Tea.  My late Mom drank  and my mil drinks black Pekoe tea.  Of course, they were both born in the UK.  I hope that you like your lts blouse.  Enjoy your headphones and your jam session.  We love music and listen to our local radio station every day and dance in the house.  It's especially good on the weekend.  Last week my DH told me that he would soon be Fred Astaire. I told him not to expect me to be Ginger Roger's.  

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, my DH walked right after breakfast and he said it was already getting to hot for him.  He didn't used to mind the hot weather and worked in a hot plant for 32 years.  Ever since he has had Legionaire's Disease,  he is very sensitive to hot weather.  I am always looking for shade whenever we are out & about.  The windows were open all night, but I closed them this morning to keep the hot air out. I think that his remade masks will be perfect.  I am having a hard time getting used to my dh's new hearing aids.  He says that I am shouting & now he has the TV and radio sooooo soft that I have to really concentrate on what they are saying. 

Esteemed Contributor

Greetings, everyone! I am one who enjoys the warmer weather. I remember being in Vegas when it was in the 120's but it felt like our 90s because of their low  humidity. We are so different, but that is great! It would be boring if we were all alike.

I've just been doing odds and ends, reading and relaxing before the surgery as I don't want to go into it tired. I will be going to the city tomorrow for an appointment and then will spend the next two days relaxing before the big day. I guess I am as prepared as is possible.

I did check the insurance website th is morning and saw that the procedure had been approved. Usually, they like to see PT as an alternative first with many rotator cuff surgeries. Since I haven't had PT, I wondered if it would be approved. Always check for approvas as you never know!

Enjoy your Memorial Day, and remember the reason for the day!!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama--

Thank you for moving the post to the correct day for me.  I guess I've had too many visits from the A/C repair man and another sick dog. I did check to make sure I've dressed myself properly.LOL

Thanks again.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shopaholics Memorial Day

[ Edited ]

Hello Ladies, I was hoping Bernie you would send some of your hot weather my way....but no such luck...it's been  in the 50's most of the weekend and rainy etc....no a/c on yet or windows open...the heat has come on several times.

I had gone over to the store this morning and pretty empty of customers as it has been for the past few months. I am seeing more items being restocked each week ..this week the fish and deli dept were open with markings on the floor as to where to stand etc.....so we are getting there.     Still no eat in restaurants Twinny ...that won't happen till the end of June....curbside pickup and delivery will still be available.

Not much else going on here....I think I had mentioned a few weeks go the pool guys had come early one Saturday to open the pool.. it happened to be 28 degrees out.. and we had snow that afternoon..I had sent them away but I will call them this week to open next week.....hopefully the weather will be changing for the better!     Have a nice day everyone.....Marijane