Honored Contributor

Shopaholics - Labor Day Monday - September 4th

Hello, hello my shopping friends.  So far so good as far as resisting Labor Day sales.  JCP sweetened the pot last night 30% off any size order for 9 hours (there might have been free shipping too) and I read the email, deleted it and kept on going :-)

I've been productive today - I pruned back the old mulberrry tree (didn't quite go as far as using the pole saw) and filled up my gas tank (regular 2.49 a gallon) and got laundry done.

I'm enjoying my day as it seems to be going by like a shot, rofl.  I shouldn't have looked at the clock just now.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics - Labor Day Monday - September 4th

Since this is the fashion forum - I am not interested in the TSV.  I don't know, I guess I like to keep my daily affirmations to myself.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Good job resisting the JCP deal.  I am not interested in the TSV either.  The weather was pretty nice on my walk.  I was pleased that we had our strong bones class this morning.  I am visiting DH now, and he seems fine.

Waves to all of our posters and readers and have a good day!

Hugs, 

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,

Went for gas 2.73 for regular,

Image result for animated labor day images

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bird Mama, I have no idea what the TSV is because I couldn't get it at the motel.  My Labor Day shopping was a pair of straight leg pants from Van Heusen's & my DH bought a nice sweater there.  Good job at pruning your mulberry tree.  I loved mulberry pie when my parents had a mulberry tree.

Meallen, nice graphic.

Linda , my walking has been on the beach.  

After having wonderful beach & pool weather on Friday & Saturday, yesterday afternoon was cool & rainy.  Today is mid 70's & beautiful.  We are now at our son's place.  Tomorrow we are heading to a different beach while our "kids" are working.  I think that hurricane Irma might rear her ugly head on Wednesday & Thursday.

We are playing things by the weather forecast.  My mil will be 92 on Thursday, so we hope that she is doing better.  We will be celebrating our son's birthday on Sunday.  

ETA, Gas prices are $2.56-$2.79.  They were $2.34-2.49.

We are going to Quincey Market on Saturday, because our son is off work.  I am looking forward to clam chowder in a bread bowl.  Our son is a good cook, so we are having a pot roast for dinner.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70  According to the aborist guy who tends to my trees, my mulberry is a male, lol - no fruit.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. You have been using Labor Day to labor at pruning the mulberry tree, as well as resisting Labor Day sales pitches. I agree with you that daily affirmations are best kept to one's self and not on casual wear.  I saw it presented once and that was one time too many.

Linda--I am happy that you and DH are enjoying your visit together and that the weather was great for your walk.

meallen--Thank you for the lovely graphic. I see the average price for gas is $2.78 in our state. I also remember years ago when I went to fill up for gas in Jersey, I was reaching for the pump when the attendant rushed out to do the job. In our state, we pump our own gas.  I remember when they pumped the gas, checked the oil and cleaned the windshield during a fill up.

Twinny--Sometimes, it is a treat not to have the shopping channels on the hotel's system. I know I have gone a week without seeing it and never missing it.  The clam chowder in a bread bowl sounds great as does the pot roast for dinner.

All my plans to do things around the house went by the wayside when I came down with the bug that is going around. I feel much better today but still runnnig a temperature.

I did see the Belle by Kim Gravel show and liked one of the tops which found its way into my cart but yet to be bought. I'm debating the price as I have not had anything from her line. I would buy it before the TSV as it would get more use.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.