Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics Independence Day (Thurs., July 4th)

[ Edited ]

Gayle--It is great that your neighbor thought to bring food for you. I'm sure it was appreciated especially when you didn't need to fix food after the work you were doing and very thoughtful thinking about DH's surgery. I do hope DH is doing well in his recovery.

I always enjoyed JAG and would liked to have seen it, I've been watching NCIS on Netflix. It is interesting to see the changes in the characters as they aged over the years. 

In addition to the flash flood warning in one area of the state, a warning has been issued for a potential dam break in that area. Residents are being evacuated. If the dam breaks, the water will flow toward a town already experiencing one and a half million dollars in damage from last week's flooding.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat   I'm sorry that Midnight continues to have issues and I certainly can remember the apprehension that comes with it.  Getting some of the details organized even in your mind is a good idea.  When the time comes and I'm hopeful it's no time soon, you'll have some ideas in mind.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda @LindaLatte   yea it's just me and my sister.  

Honored Contributor

@twinny70   thanks for sharing the encouraging report from DH's neurosurgeon. I'm sure you will have a great time with the house full of family Heart

Trusted Contributor

@twinny70  - glad to hear that your infusion went well, I hope it has you feeling better soon.

@Gayle2  - Hoping that your DH continues to recover nicely from his surgery.  That was nice to receive food from a friend.

Did you all hear that CA had a 6+ earthquake today?  That's all that's on the news.  My DD felt it, but I was up walking around and didn't feel a thing.  We did go to my mother's house and pick a bunch of apricots.  I'm going to see if I muster up the enthusiasm to do some canning.  I've dusted off my canning instructions and recipes.  We'll see.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@twinny70   thanks for sharing the encouraging report from DH's neurosurgeon. I'm sure you will have a great time with the house full of family Heart

Thanks for your encouraging words 

We picked our ds up earlier than expected & came back & had dinner at Culver's.  Not too much open today.

He has read all of the PE info and the info that I got yesterday in regards to my new infusion drug.  He knows about all of this stuff and has reassured me that while there are lots of complications, I should live my life to the fullest.  

Yes, we will have a house full of fun company when my niece and her family get here tomorrow afternoon.  The nice thing is that they are all neat & will eat anything.

We are taking our ds to the cheese factory tomorrow for some good WI cheese.  He wants to take his wife some sharp cheddar.  I need sharp cheddar cheese & baby Swiss for tomorrow night's lasagna dinner.

I think that we are going to the fireworks pretty soon.  We go to the Methodist Church.  Free parking with a good view. We just have to take lawn chairs.