Honored Contributor

Shopaholics - Groundhog Day - Thursday, Feb 2nd

[ Edited ]

Hello, so it appears that Phil the groundhog is indicating 6 more weeks of winter. 

I have to tell you, as someone who has had a groundhog living under her front porch for over a decade, I've never understood why someone would pull out a groundhog and scare it with loads of people and cameras.

Okay, off my soapbox now, he he he.

Sun continues to shine here and it's beautiful albeit cold.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics - Groundhog Day - Thursday, Feb 2nd

http://likesuccess.com/topics/15654/groundhog-day

Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama.  I have to agree.  I have had a groundhog living under my garage for 40 years.  Each spring I see usually 2 youngsters.  When they are grown I am back to 1.  I have no idea how they decide who stays here but I wish they would leave.   I no longer plant a garden to provide their daily salads but I guess they easily make due.  It is 24 now here and no sun again today.  My woodchuck will not appear usually until April.  She is no dummy.  She waits for warm sun and fresh greens.

Respected Contributor

How do they coax him out of that hole anyway?  I mean, he doesn't have to come out if he doesn't want to, right?

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

You're funny ladies.  I've always wondered about that exercise.  What the heck does a groundhog know about the weather??

It is cloudy and cold, getting down to 1 degree tonight.  More snow in the forecast.  Hoping for warmer temps. and the sun shining next week.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Can't drive 1 block without getting the car all messed up and dragging it all in the garage.  I think I'll just stay home.Smiley Happy

Bought a couple of makeup items yesterday from the Q, was running out of things I bought 2 years ago.  I only wear them when I'm out and about, which is generally 1, maybe 2 days a week.  So feel like I can try something a bit pricey, that is of course top rated.  We'll see how it goes.

I tried out a Christmas gift yesterday, an Anova Sous Vide gadget.  It was simple and the chicken was tasty.  Want to try steaks next.  It's like a waterbath cooking method, for those of you that haven't heard of this.  I knew nothing of it, until I researched the company.  May be the best way for us to have steaks in the winter.

Will shortly run out to the garage and stand in front of the freezer, until something for dinner jumps out.  Out of ideas at the moment.

Not much going on here today.  Might have some time to color and listen to spotify.Woman Happy

Have a great day all.  Keep those CCs low key, mine is cooling off from yesterday.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening, and thanks for getting started, Bernie.  You ladies are funny about Groundhog Day.  Winter has left our area for the time being at least -- highs in the upper 70's for the next few days.  Like I said, I love our weather this time of the year.  In June, not so much.  (June is normally our hottest month with little if any rain.)

I have been very busy today -- caregivers lunch, meeting, and British history class.  Right after I post, I'll be leaving to visit DH.  The hospice nurse can't make it until tomorrow afternoon (usually Thursday afternoon).  So, I decided to stop by the house before the visit.

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. So sorry to hear about your DD's Jeep, Kathleen.  I hope it will be returned to her undamaged.