Honored Contributor

Shopaholics Friday - March 16th

Hello all, I am down to less than 2 weeks at work and it was so busy yesterday (onsite) that I didn't even log on to know there was a shoe TSV.

Now you know that's bad when I let a shoe TSV get away from me without even checking it out.

Belated anniversary greetings @twinny70

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholics Friday - March 16th

Honored Contributor

Hi everybody,

https://www.drodd.com/images10/happy-st-patricks-day4.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  You must have been very busy.  I thought you might have liked those shoes yesterday, but......  I was very busy at work the weeks before I was retired, and I guess you are following that pattern.

Cute graphics, meallen.

Hope you are feeling better, Jean.  Glad you had a nice anniversary, twinny.

My caregivers meeting was good yesterday -- four new people, and some who had not attended for a while.  It is interesting to get updates on what is happening to others as well as hear what new to the group members are facing.  Hopefully, we were able to give some very needed support.  

When I arrives at DH's facility, one of our friends/neighbors was there (Turkish lady).  I was quite surprised to see her since it had been many months.  She had brought DH some pretty flowers, and she thought perhaps he recognized her.  We talked for a while, and I found that she is dealing with a very difficult situation at home.  Her husband is suffering from memory loss (probably dementia, but not diagnosed), and he is treating her horribly.  Blames her for things that he has done wrong, berating her, etc.  He is nice to others, just not her.  She was literally crying on my shoulder.  I know that others in my caregivers group have and/or are dealing with this problem.  I am very grateful that DH never went through this "stage".

The hospice nurse arrived, and she brought a card and a very large cookie for DH, and the facility gave him a card, some candy, and a cute stuffed bear.  He talked to his son on the phone, which was nice.  (His DD was working, but she talked to him the day before and probably will do so today.)  All-in-all a very nice birthday, and DH was smiling a lot.

I have been to my "strong bones" class, and I'll be visiting DH shortly.  I have a different class this afternoon (history), and then I plan to stop by the grocery for some produce specials.  I really love fresh fruit and vegetables, particularly if they are at reasonable prices.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Congratulations to Barbara's DGD Syd who won big at a dance competition yesterday.

Respected Contributor

Thanks Linda for the shout out. Syd really is an amazing tap dancer...one of the most difficult forms of dance because either you have perfect rhythm or you don’t. She even has a YouTube video posted by one of the competitions. 

Happy St. Patrick’s Day. ☘️☘️

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, counting the day's must be fun & hectic.  You will certainly be missed.  I had no count down, but my DH did & I was so happy for him.  32 year's of making Frito's was a long time.

Linda L, it sounds like your DH had a very nice birthday.  It is sad about that lady's DH being mean to her.

Way to go Sydney!!!  Tap  is my favorite dance.

I had PT this morning & got groceries.    I am doing better each day.  It is hot tub time while it is still sunny & nice.  We are expecting freezing drizzle tonight & sunny & 50's tomorrow.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. The  Big Day will be here before you realize it. I have to admit that I thought of you when seeing yesterday's TSV.

meallen--Thank you for your great graphics.

Linda--I am glad that DH had a great birthday and was able to talk with DS and DD. You were very fortunate  to not undergo the experiences the other lady is having. It would make it very difficult to deal with the individual with that type of dementia. Fresh fruit and veggies on sale is always worth checking out.

Twinny--PT is really working for you. I am glad that you continue to feel better each day. Keep up the good PT work as it does pay off.

I had a very  good day at work. I may take my laptop to the city tomorrow for a "cure." It refuses my usual technical touch. I'm sure it is some minior thing I am overlooking..

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - not much going on here.  I've been laying low because of the cold.  My DD came home from work early yesterday because she was sick, and she almost never does that.  

Meallen - that cat photo looks very much like my DD's cat.  Makes me laugh.!

Best wishes to all  ~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I am glad that you had a good school day.  Hopefully soon.your  computer is a quick fix.  I woke up this morning feeling no aches or pains.  4 PT down & 10 go.

CERB,  I hope that you & your DD feel better real soon.