Honored Contributor

Shopaholics Christmas Eve 2019

Hello all,  I busied myself with wrapping and tidying up the house today.  I still need to mop the kitchen floor and will probably do so after I make the devilled eggs tomorrow Woman Happy  You know me and the kitchen, cooking becomes a contact sport.

I'm going to see the niece in the woods with my sister after I settle the flock for the evening.  We're having nice weather so at least I won't be dodging hazardous roads, just the random deer out that way.

However you choose to recognize the day, I hope it's peaceful and pleasant for you.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics Christmas Eve 2019

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  Your plans sound nice.  I'm not neat in the kitchen, but I do like to cook.  So my kitchen floor is usually in need of mopping after I cook.  Glad your weather isn't bad for your trip to the woods.

It was very rainy here this morning, but there is some sun now.  Quite windy and cool (highs only in the 50's today) for our area.

This morning I went in for my TB test part one.  The hospice volunteer coordinator was there, and we had a nice talk.  Also had a nice talk with the nurse.  She told me her dog (boxer) goes to "doggy day care" and loves it.

I went to the Salvation Army lunch, and it was very nice.  Lots of food, and I even brought home leftover ham.  I plan to go to the gym soon.  

Yesterday evening I suddenly realized I had not heard about the delivery of the Best Buy gift card I sent to one of my grandsons.  Through a long  "chat" I found that while it was shipped on December 11th, the carrier group lost it, so it never made it out in the mail.  This on-line chat lasted quite a while, and I found my options were to cancel the order or have it re-sent for delivery on December 30th.  No to that, so then I was faced with no gift for my grandson.  Fortunately, DD was holding some money for him (very long story), and she just put $100 back into his account.  I don't think I'll be buying any more Best Buy gift cards, at least on the internet.  I have not had any problems in the past, including one i sent to him earlier in the month for his birthday, but......

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and a wonderful holiday.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, I busied myself in the kitchen on Friday afternoon before we went to play FLIPPO at the senior center.  Then I told my DH that there was NO cooking in the kitchen until our family Christmas lunch was over with & the guests went back home.  It sounds like you are having nice traveling weather too.  I wanted a White Christmas, but I am sure that we will get it sooner or later.  Have a good day at your niece's in the woods.

Linda L, I think it is as warm here as it is at your place.  I haven't heard about people getting TB shots for many years.  It's too bad that you had trouble getting a gift card to one of your dgs's.  Taking leftover ham home is a plus.  The other day I read that your friend  Jo Ann got scammed and lost $$$. I had lunch out with a friend a couple of weeks ago and she told me that her elderly aunt  lost $100,000 a few weeks ago.  The $$$ went to a foreign country.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

We had a good lunch with my family on Saturday.  It was so great to have the pizza delivered to the house. It was nice to have my brother and his family here except for his dd.  She had to work. The down side was that our dsil wasn't here.

We had a good Christmas program at church on Sunday night with good refreshments afterwards.

Yesterday some good friends stopped in to visit & play cards. Us ladies ruled.

Tomorrow we are going to one of my dh's brother and sil's for lunch.  Our dd has decided not to go so it will be an uncomfortable day for us.  

We have a funeral to go to on Sunday & I have a funeral to go to on Friday.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas or however you celebrate this time of the year 

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for starting the thread. I got a chuckle out of the comparison of you and your kitchen efforts to that of a contact sport. I think that is why I practice avoidance of it as much as possible.

Linda--Sorry you had a problem with the gift card. I've only bought one online, the rest have been in stores that had a selection of various gift cards. It is good that there was a money reserve to enable a transfer of money to substitute for it.

Twinny--Sorry that you are not having the White Christmas  you like. Staying out of the kitchen until the Christmas guests have left will eliminate a lot of extra work. I am sure that your preparations will enable a great family get together.

I was busy yesterday sorting things, so today I made a trip to the city to donate the items and make sure they were out of my way. I also dropped off a surprise gift to a person in need. I try to pick someone each year to give a gift. I don't go overboard. This was a set of those Berkshire throws that come 2 to a package which I thought would work for her and her grandson of which she has custody.  Right now, I am watching one of those Netflix series.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah. 

I'm still wrapping gifts but that's due to an unexpected run to the grocery store to pick up prescriptions and buy another turkey. Long story short---the turkey that I had planned for last night's dinner had gone bad. I've never had this happen to me so I'm wondering if it was thawed and refrozen at the market. We had a mixed up holiday meal. Today I could tell that my husband was still missing the turkey so we were lucky to find the last two turkey split turkey breasts. So here goes holiday dinner #2. This time I'm using the roasting feature on on Breville Convection oven and hoping for the best. I've not roasted split breasts before so fingers crossed that I'm guessing right on the time. 

It's foggy and a little warmer than usual. My migraines and other health issues are in hight gear but I'm trying to ignore them until after dinner. Our one dog is having bummy issues so we have our fingers crossed that it's a quick recovery. Oh well, what's a holiday without someone not feeling 100%.

My timer just went off so I better run and take care of that. I enjoyed hearing about everyone's holiday activites and plans. I hope you all have a peaceful and happy holiday.

Trusted Contributor

Good evening ladies, hope you all are well.

I just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday.  Please be safe in your travels.