Honored Contributor

Shopaholic One Day at a Time (Thurs., June 25th)

Hello all, it was really chilly yesterday and it felt great wearing a sweater when I ran over to Little Caesars to pick up a pizza from the portal.

I think this will be the last night day (80) for the next week or so.

Is anyone else seeing local news about the gigantic Sahara dust plume heading on our way?

Saharan dust on the move toward Ohio | News Break

Just one more thing I didn't have on my 2020 bingo card, lol.  Apparently it hasn't been this large in 50 years Woman Very Happy

I don't think it will be too bad for Michigan - they say we'll get some vibrant sunrise and sunsets from the dust.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholic One Day at a Time (Thurs., June 25th)

Hi Everyone!

Birdmama--Thanks for sharing the "dust" map. I had forgotten about that on the watch report. It looks like we are already in the tip of it. Maybe that's what is aggravating our allergies and the dogs paws. I'll have to put the Weather channel on again at night instead of the home improvement channel.  Always a good time here, LOL

It is warm but not blazing hot today. Rain has happen and is scheduled for more episodes later this afternoon and evening. I hope it waters the gardens today because I'm out of energy. I think all the heat has caught up to me. Hopefully, I will be able to get out tomorrow for the weekly grocery shopping. I need to run the car because it has been in the garage for a week. 

I saw the banner for CIJ and thought that it will be a nice diversion for tv watching at night. Movies and fix up shows are getting a bit difficult to find on our channels. It has  me motivated to make a plan of attack for that storage room. I know my problem is that I hate to part with items that have sentimental value to me. The community papers don't have any holiday collection drives until after Thanksgiving.I'm thinking I might find another spot to store items for those drives. I like knowing that I can help families locally first and then others. 

It's been a month and I'm still waiting for my pedi-rollers and tube of mascara that I ordered on Beauty day. Honestly, by the time it arrives I barely remember that I ordered anything. I'm guessing that's a good thing. My goal is to not have anything in the order process. I'm getting better but there is still some room for improvement.

I scheduled both dogs annual appointments today. The vet office is still operating under older guide lines with 1/3 of their staff. I am on a wait list for the "boo-boo" paw with our female. They have a category that is "wellness" for issues that are not an emergency but needs attention or a check , There is a different fee from the "emergency" fee.  The wait time for any appointment can be hours so I was told. I was surprised that they had not progressed a bit because we are in the green but still limited in some businesses. They were updating with emails for a while but then that stopped. Oh well....we are on the schedule and I now know what to call each need if I have to call. Crossing my fingers that my first aid methods continue to work. 

Stay safe & comfy.

Have a good afternoon/evening. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholic One Day at a Time (Thurs., June 25th)

Good Evening and thanks for getting us started, Bernie.  I vaguely saw that map, but it doesn't look like the dust will make it out to Arizona unless that is just "phase one".  That is funny about your wearing a sweater.  No need for sweaters here.  I think it made it to 107 degrees earlier, and is 103 degrees at the moment.  I got out early for my walk, but it was getting pretty warm by the time I made it home.

Hi Fressa.  That is something about the vet.  Hope your dogs will be okay, and you and they don't suffer too much from the dust.  Also hope your orders arrive soon.  Much to my surprise, my Linea top(s) have already shipped.  But, the rug pad from Wayfair that was supposed to arrive on Tuesday is MIA.  They said it may take an extra week to get here.

I went to the grocery store early this morning, and I was happy to see that everyone had a mask on.  I was able to get the produce I wanted plus a couple of other items on my list.  My hairdresser said I could come earlier than I expected, so I went there a little after 11:00 a.m.  Everyone had masks, and were far apart.  She put "foils" in my hair so that I have some blonde highlights now -- nothing dramatic, but I think that I will like it.  She told me my friend gets this twice a year (spring and Christmas time), and that is my plan.  I haven't had hair color for 11 years or so, and I don't want to go through the process and expense more than twice a year.  I did schedule my next haircut in two weeks.  Still no shampoo or blow drying, and I think they are being very cautious.

I made it home in time for a quick lunch and then had my ZOOM OLLI class on London.  We actually broke into subgroups which was kind of neat.

I found some vegetable (tofu) dumplings at the store -- I have never tried them, but they are no cholesterol and look good.  Not inexpensive, but less expensive than going out for Chinese.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda