Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Shopaholic One Day At A Time ( Monday, Feb. 10th)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Today is a dreary, but warmer day here.  We are at 47 degrees and had rain last night and it took care of the snow on the ground.  Guess I have seen a snow fall and now I am done with winter.  Spring can now arrive!!  The snow we go a couple days ago was a heavy one, thank goodness we bought a new snowblower.  Hope that was the only time we have to use it.

Glad to see everyone is doing well.  Haven't written much (not much happening here) but I have been reading.

I have started my famous list of things to get done this month, I am going to try to get it completed.  I have been very lazy here and need to get moving.  DH is still having some problems with his back and sore muscle so I have a feeling I will be doing a lot more around the house and outside the house this year.  So this being - I need to get some indoor things done now.

Jean - Good job on the excersising.  Keep up the good work

Bernie - Love the shoes, I have also cut down what I buy, but still wear the same couple pairs all year round.

Linda - Love what the mailman said.  It is nice to know he notices things and just doesn't go thru the motions of the job.  

Twinny - Hope you stay well for your infusion.

Well I spoke of my list, now I must cross a couple things off of it.  Have a good moring everyone.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholic One Day At A Time ( Monday, Feb. 10th)

Good Morning Susan @Palady1   We got maybe 2 inches of snow at the most last night.  Once I realized it was not going to be bad I figured I'd shovel in the morning.  When I awoke this morning I was delighted to see that the snow melted off of everything concrete Woman Very Happy  Yay for me.

"Wait by the river long enough and the body of your enemy will float by you"

Sun Tzu
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hi Everyone!

The rain started last night and it's melting all the snow away. According to the forecast, it will rain for another two days. BOO!!! The dogs patio is a mud pit. (again) Planting more grass back there is once again #1 on my outside list "to-do". I now have 3 baskets of laundry for the dogs. Good thing I purchased that new Bissell carpet cleaner. LOL

Our bank installed a new system for on line use. I'm not crazy about how it functions. Last night I dscovered a payment that was transmitted but not recorded correctly at the credit card company. I spent so much time on the phone last night and this morning but it will finally be corrected. Fees attached will be redacted in March. Honestly, this stuff makes me crazy.

Today I may just handle the laundry. I think I'll work on the taxes tomorrow and handle the prescription problem as well. The banking error was enough "excitment" for me today. I see Carolyn Gracie is on with a garden show today so I might watch it. I always pick up a tip or two that helps me. I plan on putting some flowering tyme in the front porch garden with a couple of garden statues and hope that it works. Every year I try to reduce the areas to weed. If that doesn't work then my next plan are larger statues. LOL

Hope everyone has a good afternoon/evening.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Palady1,  It's a nice sunny day, but we had fog off and on all the way to the Capitol City this morning.  I was worried about getting sick so I stayed in the house all day Saturday and yesterday.  I am getting my infusion right now and hope to be done by lunchtime.  Then we will have a good lunch and do a little bit of shopping afterwards. I like doing things in the house and decluttering is a favorite.  Now, my DH needs encouragement.  My bf from HS and her dh bought a large snowblower in October and have only used it a few times.  My DH keeps telling her thank you!

Bird Mama, we had about 5" of snow and it was heavy at the end of the driveway from the snowplow.  It's beautiful out.  some of the trees are snow covered while others are frosted.

Fressa, I very much dislike being on the phone like you were.  I am with you about statues.  They look nice and don't have to be watered.  Since I am unable to do any yard work, I try to keep things at a minimum for my DH to mow around.

Other than the hour+ drive up here, I am at a very nice infusion center & the nurses are wonderful.  

We have a busy week ahead of us so I am glad to get this out of the way.  

Hugs to all of you.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My goodness I did it again, this time with Marijane (yesterday).

@Gennygirl 

Image result for happy birthday cupcakes

Image result for happy birthday balloons

"Wait by the river long enough and the body of your enemy will float by you"

Sun Tzu
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Happy Belated Birthday Maryjane!!!  Hope it was wonderful!!!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  It is cloudy here, and they are still predicting thunderstorms later.  Good luck with accomplishing things on your list Susan.  My neighbor told me that the letter carrier is a very nice man.  We had an excellent lady who did the job for 30 years, and I was sad to see her retire, but it looks like we got another winner.  Actually, most postal employees seem nice, but some of the "subs" can be less so.

Belated Happy Birthday, Marijane.

Waves to Fressa (sorry about the mud and that long phone call), twinny (hope your infusion helped a lot, and you had a nice lunch and good ride home), Bernie (glad mother nature took care of the snow), and all of our posters and readers.

I was the leader for "strong bones" this morning, and there were four of us.  One of the ladies is nice, but quite a chatterbox.  It is difficult to lead a class with someone who talks and talks.  Then, I had my last Pearl Buck class which was somewhat disappointing.  The leader seemed a bit disorganized, and mostly showed videos.  Before class, she did talk about the Oscars and had seen almost all of the norminated movies.  She liked the winner, but her partner did not. 

The hospice volunteer coordinator e-mailed me with an opportunity to provide caregiver relief this Sunday, but it was during the time I am in church.  Then, she e-mailed me about a different patient, and I will be doing a pre-visit tomorrow afternoon.  The caregiver wanted to meet the volunteer before agreeing to the assistance.

Soon, I will be going to a bookclub meeting.  I am the " secretary" and write a report of what happens after the meeting, so I will be busy tonight.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Marijane, happy belated birthday!  Hope it was a good one.  In my opinion,  they are all good.  I celebrated mine for a week and only cooked two meals all week.  Did I feel guilty?  NO!

Linda L, it looks like you are having another busy day.  

It turned out to be a beautiful day.  

My infusion went well. I have my next infusion in exactly 8 weeks unless something happens.   We had lunch at Taco Bell because it's very close to TJM where we went shopping.

After telling all of you that I don't need anything, I bought 3 very nice tops for $16.99 each.  Two of them are dotted Swiss with a nice short sleeve & even hems.  One is white with a decorative yoke from W5, while the other one is kind of a orange sherbet color with matching buttons on the sleeve from Rose+Olive.  The other one is a vertical stripe in nice spring colors.  Its from W5.  Never heard of these brands, but they will be great for traveling.  They don't wrinkle & feel cool to me.