Respected Contributor

Shopaholic Friends ODAT TGIF!!

Good morning friends, from sunny but chilly San Diego!  It feels so good to be here in the city with my puppy, to have all the moving activities behind me.  Monday morning we will drive DD's Jeep "Banjo" to Vegas to spend a week with DH's DD and family.I'm excited to be with 2 of our girls (and DH!!! miss him!!) for Thanksgiving in a new location this year.  Not sure what we will do for Christmas but I think we will be alone.

Linda, so sorry DH fell again. I hate that. Jean, I hope your appts go well.  Charlene, I am praying for Mary and her roommate today.  Bernie, I did not know you lived up there and had never heard of the "mittten".  I hope your weather doesn't get too bad.

I have not been able to keep up with much of anything lately, but finally got my FB updated so I can at least comment here and there - and had no internet at all at Mom's. Now that I am at DD's I broke out my new laptop (still haven't purchased a case) and am really enjoying being on a computer again!

I've shopped here and there but mostly things for the house.  Euro pillows for daybed, pillow shams, etc.  Hangers and needed to replace a picture frame.  I have fallen in love with white and distressed items to decorate with.  Will buy a new rug when I am closer to home, in South Prairie, Washington.  Hugs and waves to Twinny, Spix, Marijane, Susan, 3swim5, Barbara, LindaR, Pinky Ann, Meallen, Snicks and everyone that I've missed!

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholic Friends ODAT TGIF!!

HI everybody,

http://www.ecardso.com/happy-friday/

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone and thanks @Rock_chick for the start. I'm glad you are enjoying your time with family and puppy. You have had quite the adventure.

@meallen616, happy Friday to you also.

I have a pot of beef stew simmering on the stove for dinner and last load of laundry in the dryer. Have begun bringing decorations up from downstairs, now both the upstaris and downstairs are a mess, lol. It will be a process getting all my Christmas decor up this year, but it's fun and I'm not in any hurry, so it's all good.

Meeting a granddaughter and great granddaughter for lunch tomorrow, they live about 3 hours away, so that will be fun. Then meeting a nephew next Wed for lunch here in town.

Spent a lot of time yesterday on the phone with Medicare and also with hubby's insurance company, trying to get straight what I have to do about insurance for 2017 and also if I need a referral to see derm about the places on my arm that the cancer screening place said I should get removed. Now am playing games with the derms office trying to get in before the end of the year, since deductible for this year has been met, I prefer to get it taken care of this year. Medicare is basically useless to me since it is considered my secondary carrier. What a mess, oh well, everything is these days. Nothing is simple.

This morning was in the 60's, now it's in the low 50's, gonna drop drastically overnight. I remembered to take the outside hose off the spigot. Don't need that to freeze and burst.

Hope everyone has a nice day and weekend.

Waves...

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Rock Chick, it is so good to know that all is going well with you.  It must be exciting to be with your family & a new place to live.  DH & I have a vacation to WA/OR on our bucket list.  One of the few states that we haven't been to.

meallen, Nice graphic today.

SNICK's, insurance companies drive me nuts too.  I did decide to keep my same RX plan for next year.  I  got 3 calls yesterday from the "big clinic" in regards to them faxing my gamma gard to my local clinic.   Now I hope it gets done.  My insurance company wants me to see if there is a generic for lidocaine.  It costs less than $7.00.  DH just took our hoses in.  Don't need a mess.

CERB, Prayers for your DD as she is taking important tests.  Will you be going to a nice graduation ceremony?  When our DS got his Doctorate in PT 4 years ago, it was 2 days of fun for DH & myself.

It was warm this morning, but getting colder now.  30's all weekend.  I am prepared for whatever we are blessed with.

I did lots of grocery shopping this morning & we are eating out for Thanksgiving, since it is just the 2 of us.  DD & DGC will be with her husband's family.  Last year I pulled out all of the stops to make it memorable with my mom.  Now she & dad can be smiling down on us.

I had a nice lunch yesterday with my one cousin & 15 2nd cousins.  They are a fun bunch & were asking me how old I was when we had the last big moon.  I laughed as I was born the next day.  I wonder if the full moon had something to do with mom having us 6 weeks early.

I am feeling lazy today.  Too many things went on this week & my mind was in a whirl.

Supper is leftover chili in the crock pot.  The hot tub was nice as usual.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Hello all - it was busy at work and I hit the yard running as soon as I got home.  I mulched/mowed/vacuumed the leaves on the far side of the back yard while the sun was shining/setting.  I finished in the dark with flood lights on.

6 large bags 'o' leaves and the yard looks great.  The mulberry tree and the forsythia shrub aren't done shedding yet - oh well, lol.

I might be able to do the front yard stragglers one more time tomorrow, weather permitting.

I'm pooped :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening, and thanks for getting us started, Kathleen.  You have certainly been having some great adventures.  Hope your time in Vegas is fun.  Interestingly enough, another friend of mine who lives in Texas just put her house on the market.  She lived here and moved to Texas just a couple of years ago.  Now, she is moving to Maryland -- same town as DD.  Both of you put links to your houses for sale on FB at the same time.

Thanks for your concern about DH.  He seemed to be doing okay today, and he was able to get up out of the chair and walk around with me several times. 

Sure hope you get the insurance/Medicare straightened out snicks.  Sounds very complicated.  I thought Medicare was always primary, I know that is true in my case.  I thought it was quite strange since I kept the same insurance that used to pay 80% of my bills, but now they only pay 20% and Medicare pays 80%.  The kicker is that I pay the same premiums for that insurance.  Color me confused.  

Hope you have a great time with your grands and nephew.  It was pretty cool this morning when I took my walk -- 38 degrees or so.  Of course, I think I feel the cold much more now that I'm living in a place that is often hot.  It warmed up to the 70's later in the day.

Nice graphic meallen.

Hope you and your DH have a nice Thanksgiving dinner out, twinny.  I'll be eating at DH's facility this year.  My church is having a meal, but it is at the same time, and I wanted to be with DH.

You certainly have been busy, Bernie.  Hope you can relax a bit this weekend.

I had a good appointment with my broker this morning, and hopefully the IRA will be transferred in a couple of weeks.  After the appointment, I went to my beloved Trader Joe's and bought way too much stuff. But, I had fun.  A COSTCO was on the way back, so I went there as well.  I have purchased some candy to give to the caregivers -- I am very thankful for them.

Waves to all of our posters and readers and sleep well everyone!

Hugs,

Linda