Honored Contributor

Re: Shopaholic FRIENDS ODAT TGIF!

Hello all - my eldest niece delivered her baby today c-section, no issues this time around and she appears to be having the new mother experience she dreamed of but didn't get the first time around.  She is able to breastfeed the baby and she really wanted to be able to do that.

Fiona Rose was born this morning (don't know the time).

I believe she is 21 inches and weighed 9 lbs 8.5 ounces.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Congratulations to the new mom, and to you, of course! How wonderful.
"To each their own, in all things".
Valued Contributor

Congrats!  Love the name.

Trusted Contributor

Bernie congrats.....beautiful name and she is a good size too!

Not much here . Sounds like you had a nice few days Twinny and a busy weekend coming up.   Rosa enjoy your weekend.

The humidity is expected to return next few days.....ok by me!

Pizza tonight.....have a nice rest of the day everyone.....Marijane

Respected Contributor

Hi girls, Well, today turned out to be a sucky one.  I got the packages for the troops mailed, the shoes for the orphans dropped off (including leaving cupcakes at both stops), and was on my way to deliver cupcakes to that guy from my ISP who went above and beyond on helping with my computer when I heard a funny noise.  At first I thought it was the moving  train I had just passed under, but no...it was a totally flat tire. Cat Sad  I called roadside assistance (best 50¢ a month I've ever spent) and they said they'd tow it to my mechanic.  The neighborhood it happened in wasn't a very good one, but a police car stopped and the officer said he'd stay with me until the tow arrived.  Really nice guy - so I gave him a box of the cupcakes.

My plan was to go to the bank in Jasper to get reimbursed for the postage, but by the time the new tire was put on it was too late; the remaining cupcakes went to the tow truck driver and my mechanic - as it turned out, the ISP guy who was supposed to be in today, wasn't, so that worked out. The side of the tire was blown out, so there was no way it could be repaired - another $100 down the drain, and he said the other front tire should be repalced soon as well.  I do have to cover the cost of the postage, so I guess I'll be  making that trip to Jasper on Monday, which gives me time to make more cupcakes over the weekend. 

I suppose I should be grateful that if the tire had to go it did downtown, and not on the road I take to Jasper which not only has almost no traffic, but I'd have to pay part of the towing charges since it's quite a distance away.  (sigh) 

The poor dogs were in the car while we waited for the tire to be changed; they couldn't get enough water.  I brought them home, and now I'm going to take a ride out to Publix for some essentials.  I need a drink!  I wish I could afford to go to Cheddar's for one of their Painkillers.  Cat Frustrated

Congrats, Bird - I've liked the name Fiona ever since I saw a very touching rescue story about a dog who was named Fiona; I named one of my bears that.  Cat Happy  Did you see the link I posted for you yesterday about the people who rescued a bird? 

I guess I'd better get on my way; I haven't eaten since breakfast, and I'm starving. 

Hi to everyone - have a blessed day.

Respected Contributor

Snicks, I seem to go and go then I crash and take some down time.  I had hoped to go lay on the beach this week but didn't make it.  DH wanted to do lunch so I picked him up for lunch and it was nice - a delicious little chinese kitchen.  I hope you got some things done that you wanted or got some good downtime in!  What is for supper?

Esteemed Contributor

BIRD MAMA, How nice that the baby & mom are doing well. I hope that you can spoil her too. Cute name also. FHG, Praise the Lord that you had the flat tire where you were instead of the lesser traveled road. Those cupcakes were sure a blessing for all of the people that were able to help you out. I hope that your studies are going well for you. I am just now catching up on reading the newspapers that were delivered to the PO while we were gone. I posted a couple of weeks ago about the 2 90# pit bulls killing that small dog while it was being walked by its owner. They will be euthanized as the home owner is negligent of 3 dog attacks in the past 3 years. The dead dog has already been replaced by several service organizations in the area, so there is a happy ending to a very sad situation. We need rain badly but so far just a few sprinkles. I am enjoying watching RLM with Jill. His designs are unique for sure. JEAN, I hope that you have had a good week at work. I am not sure when you start wearing your heart monitoring machine this time around.
Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations, Bernie.  So happy for you and your niece.

Esteemed Contributor

MARIJANE, It looks like you will be getting some good pool time right into September. They say our heat index will be in the upper 90's starting Tuesday--the first day of school around here. The weather for our mini trip was perfect for doing the flea market & also the auction. 90's would have kept us home for sure. Dinner was fish for DH & shrimp for me with baked potato & fresh green beans.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Arlene, I wrote to you in yesterday's post and thanked you for the link.

Regarding the new baby, I will probably not meet her in person for a couple of weeks.  My nephew in law gets one week off of work so my niece timed the delivery to happen on a Friday so she and he and their first born could bond for two weekends and a week.  I've heard from my sister that my niece doesn't want visitors during her DH's time off.  She wants quiet, bonding time for her little family. 

I'm writing the following just to explain how it is so you'll understand why I may not have news or lots to say about the new baby.

My sister and her kids don't live more than 15 mins from me.  I see them about 4 times a year, which could decrease now that my sister sold her house and is moving into an apartment.

Usually, it's eldest nieces first daughter's birthday, maybe Easter (this might go away), youngest niece's only daughter's birthday, Christmas (will probably change from dinner to drive by to drop off great niece's gifts).

They are self contained and I don't like to intrude.  Even more so, I don't like being made felt that I am intruding.  Is anyone getting what I am saying?

It was not how I thought it would be.  I thought for sure I would baby sit niece's kids.  Bothered me the first couple of years.  Now I'm glad it's just me and the birds :-)

Honestly, I'll probably meet the new baby at the end of September when it's my younger niece's daughter's birthday.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise