Honored Contributor

Re: Shop HQ improving? No. Just no.

On 10/11/2014 ECBG said:
On 10/11/2014 BOYINTX said:

You have to search ..BUT YOU CAN FIND A POT OF GOLD at Shop -Q

Being in retail after retiring from teaching I was curious and read their "brand list". A lot of the brand list was what is referred to "lower tier", which has lower end fabrics as well as styling and they often use basteing stitches. Polyester is cheap ladies!

Most stores offer several quality levels so shoppers can find something at their price point.

Yeh, the polyester turns me off with a lot of it.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

On 10/11/2014 moonchilde said:
On 10/11/2014 kachina624 said: Their clothing presentations are definitely "amateur night". The models look like they were pulled off the street. They are not professional, don't know how to model and have terrible make-up and overall appearance. I watched Connie Kunkle host last night, poured into a faux leather moto jacket that was a full 2 - 3 sizes too small. There was a gap of 10 inches across the chest between the lapels. The whole production was too painful to watch. They've been selling clothing for several years, plenty of time to iron out the kinks in their shows. If they can't do a decent job of showing clothing, they ought to drop it and stick to jewelry and Invictas. They are making a laughing stock of themselves.
Pretty much. There is no class in their models, their sets (what sets?) or most of their hosts. They all appear as though they were just recruited from the local laundromat. I had been expecting improvements in hosts/hosting and presentation as well as merchandise, and so far I don't see it.
there's a simple solution if you find it so offensive: don't watch
Honored Contributor

By not spending big bucks on fancy sets maybe that is why their prices - especially shipping can be lower!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't care for Shop's hosts or endless watches.

Honored Contributor

On 10/12/2014 Andreatoo said:
On 10/11/2014 kachina624 said: Their clothing presentations are definitely "amateur night". The models look like they were pulled off the street. They are not professional, don't know how to model and have terrible make-up and overall appearance. I watched Connie Kunkle host last night, poured into a faux leather moto jacket that was a full 2 - 3 sizes too small. There was a gap of 10 inches across the chest between the lapels. The whole production was too painful to watch. They've been selling clothing for several years, plenty of time to iron out the kinks in their shows. If they can't do a decent job of showing clothing, they ought to drop it and stick to jewelry and Invictas. They are making a laughing stock of themselves.
Pretty much. There is no class in their models, their sets (what sets?) or most of their hosts. They all appear as though they were just recruited from the local laundromat. I had been expecting improvements in hosts/hosting and presentation as well as merchandise, and so far I don't see it.
Um...hello? You knew this thread was going to be on the negative side when you opened it. You *chose* to read the thread, knowing that. What you saw, until your own post, was a pretty even, intelligent give-and-take about the pros and cons of the channel, hosts and merchandise. Until your junior high response. Thank you for bringing the maturity level to a new low in your drive-by pot shot.
Super Contributor

I used to like them when they were ValueVision, many years ago....after that I stopped watching them and gave up on them. I check back occasionally but haven't seen any merchandise I like.
Honored Contributor

On 10/12/2014 funwun said: I used to like them when they were ValueVision, many years ago....after that I stopped watching them and gave up on them. I check back occasionally but haven't seen any merchandise I like.
I bought some of the Sajen jewelry when it was different materials than it is now. I don't like the direction they've gone with choice of materials in what I've seen over the past couple of years. I feel it's cheapened what was once a special line of jewelry. Other than that jewelry and I think one other item, can't remember what, I haven't bought from SHQ, SNBC or VV. I find it not worth trying to get over the general amateurishness, like it was produced for late night public access television. That's one reason that when they announced changes I was hoping to see them, but so far I haven't seen much difference. I will keep cruising from time to time, though, hoping for improvements.
Respected Contributor

On 10/12/2014 moonchilde said:
On 10/12/2014 Andreatoo said:
Um...hello? You knew this thread was going to be on the negative side when you opened it. You *chose* to read the thread, knowing that. What you saw, until your own post, was a pretty even, intelligent give-and-take about the pros and cons of the channel, hosts and merchandise. Until your junior high response. Thank you for bringing the maturity level to a new low in your drive-by pot shot.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Love the "pot Shot" Right on!

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

Shophq is trying but their fashions are loud, tacky, and the fabric is cheap. The fit is awful, nothing ever looks good on anyone. Granted, the prices are low and the prices should be low. I think people who like low priced clothing and are willing to sacrifice fit and quality, might like their things. Q V C and H S N have nothing to worry about.......Shophq can't compete with them.
Contributor

ShopHQ is the bottom feeder of shopping channels. Their annual sales are 1/4 of QVC's sales. When Susanne S sold on HSN she would sell thousands in one airing, now on ShopHQ she sells less than a 50 in one showing. HUGE difference! The hosts all look rode hard and put away wet. They do not take any vendors or hosts away from HSN or QVC, that is where they go when contracts are not renewed before fading away. The poor hosts or vendors go from making big bucks to little bucks.{#emotions_dlg.devil2}