Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shop Alone? Or With Friends?

On the rare occasions when I have shopped with someone else, they always score and I find nothing. Especially true for shopping Marshalls wi/ DS.

Always shop solo.

Esteemed Contributor

If I have a list of things I'm looking for, it is definitely alone.  However, I don't mind going with friends if I'm just going to browse and don't have anything in particular I'm looking for.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I prefer to shop alone.

Honored Contributor

Usually alone. 

Valued Contributor

Usually alone.  I'm comfortable shopping with my sister. When I was young, I loved shopping with my friends, then I don't know what happened.   Now I don't.  I shop with my daughter once in a blue moon but that ends up with her shopping and me being pulled to the toy section by my grandkids.  I always say to her, Gee, I THINK the store had nice things today!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

About the time my son was in high school and I was back to working full time I gave up all the shopping excursions with friends.  Did a bit with my Mom when she felt up to it before she passed on.  Mostly online shopping now but definitely alone if I am out in the stores.  I see it changing back now a bit with my 5 year old granddaughter and DIL.  They want me to do some of their "girl's day out" with them so............ But that is a joy besides just shopping.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Alone. I like to shop for what I need and get in and out without spending 6 hours looking for a blouse. I have a good friend who was shopping for a bathing suit. She told me that she went to every clothing store in the mall and tried on suits. Then she went back and tried them on again before making her purchase. She spent hours and the mall. Nope not for me. 

Honored Contributor

I like to shop with my best friend, but we will usually split up and met right before lunch. The exception is TJMaxx which we both adore !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

almost always shop alone......sometimes with a daughter or two.......rarely with friends.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Alone.

When I was a teenager I loved shopping with friends. Of course that was when shopping centers all under one roof were a new concept and you could spend considerable time in them , I had more time to spend , & less $$s  .  The calories in the kiosk foods didn't seem to count as long as shared by a friend. I enjoyed the shared conversation as to whether the clothing made my butt look big, the color brought out my eye color, or do 'boys' like this look , etc.

Now I know all of this and my opinion is about all I am interested in. We all  own houses we can spend time in now.