Esteemed Contributor

Just curious I bought a pair of shoes online  from Zulily.  I tried them on... Mary Jane style, very comfortable and very good quality.  But when I put them on the shape of the bottom made me rock forward when I started to walk on a tile or wood floor or any hard surface for that matter.   I felt unsafe. 

Is it just me that has trouble with the underside of shoes if they are shaped with curves.  

These were not high and the heels were not oversized just shaped strangely.  Wondering if this is typical to have bulging soles. Or unusual to be unstable.  Just so you know I am a ballroom dancer... square dancer gal and am very active on  my feet.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Shoes that actually ROCK

@bonnielu.......What fun you must have dancing.  I havent square danced in years and years.

I bought a pair of Sketchers last summer with that type of sole.  I did not notice the rocking you described.  I have a vertigo type balance problem and would have noticed it immediately and could not have wore them if that happened.

Could it be the brand you bought and maybe the sole is not long enough before the curve starts?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

What brand were they?  

Honored Contributor

I can't speak for other people and I'm sure I am not the only one but I don't like the feel of rocker bottom shoes and sneakers.  They affect my balance.