Respected Contributor
@Etoile308, I understand completely. You know, because I’m not a jerk.
Esteemed Contributor

I so agree that it is just unnecessary to say anything that might hurt another person.  You can say “not my style” etc.

without attacking another person’s taste.  It does get personal.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shoes shoes shoes

[ Edited ]

@Etoile308 wrote:

It's not what others think. It's what others may feel. Do you honestly not see the difference? There are ways to express an opinion without disparaging the taste of fellow posters. 

@Etoile308   I've wondered the same thing when I read some responses on these boards over many years. I agree with your view as that is the way my parents raised us.

Esteemed Contributor

@Etoile308   I totally agree.  It is painfully obvious by reading comments here that some folks do it intentionally to get attention.   Pathetic!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Shoes shoes shoes

[ Edited ]

Shoes, shoes, shoes! I love shoes! I used to go shoe shopping once a month. 😱 I think we all have something we love to buy. I've only bought 3 new pairs of shoes in the last couple of years! That's a record low number for me. I don't watch the Q to buy shoes. I need to try on a shoe first. 

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma, I agree about trying on shoes before you buy.  I have had poor luck in buying shoes without a tryon.  And when it is QVC, it is an expensive deal, with shipping both ways.

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

Perhaps it's just me, I would think the classy thing to say is simply that they are not your style. I think many comment display an insensitivity towards others who may be interested in these items. What a boring world if we all had the same taste.

Very well said @Etoile308 and I believe that most would agree with you.