Honored Contributor

I'm so disappointed to read this.  I bought almost all of my shoes from either shoes dot com or online shoes.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: Shoes.Com Bankruptcy

[ Edited ]

This is interesting as well too bad.  It's probably because I stopped shopping there!!!!  LOL

I've purchased LOTS of footwear from their site, great prices, great styles, fun to peruse.  I'd see many shoes and and boots here, go there and buy them for much less with no shipping/handling charges.  I've tooted their horn here many times too.

Honored Contributor

Very sad to hear.  I purchased many pairs of boot & shoes from them.  Their prices were great along with the shipping & returns were very fast. Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

Looks like Jane crushed another competitor.  She's a force to be reckoned with! 

Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

That makes me sad too!  There is still Shoebuy and Shoemall.  Free shipping and I think they have the best prices.  And of course Amazon has great prices too!  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shoes.Com Bankruptcy

[ Edited ]

I read about this company's financial troubles sometime last year as there were articles about them not paying their bills and unresolved customer complaints. My daughter bought shoes from this company's predecessor and it was a final sale.

Since I'm a west coast Canadian and this company was founded in Canada, I knew that I had read about their troubles before, the article was in the local newspaper's website the Vancouver Sun back in September after the newspaper did an investigation:

http://vancouversun.com/business/local-business/e-commerces-big-bold-shoes-com-model-or-a-mess

And from the January 27, 2017 Vancouver Sun:

http://vancouversun.com/business/local-business/vancouver-ecommerce-retailer-shoes-com-goes-bankrupt

Honored Contributor

@eyeron  Shoebuy is another good one as well DSW, 6PM and amazon.

Valued Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Looks like Jane crushed another competitor.  She's a force to be reckoned with! 

Smiley Happy

Lol!

cute @ValuSkr!