Respected Contributor
On 3/8/2015 birkin baby said: I'm facing this dilemma in two weeks but I am going to London.I will probably wear UGG short boots on plane. I will wear dressy ankle booties for the both nights of theater and other nicer thingd. I have no idea what I will take for museums,walking,shopping,etc. I am perplexed.
Hi, for museums and general tuning around London sneakers or UGGs are fine. U need nice shoes there only if you go fine dining or to have tea at an elegant place. And for a theater of course. London is very busy, casual and less elegant than I thought it would be. I dress my best in France and some places in Italy. Have a nice trip
Respected Contributor

Last fall we spent 2 weeks in Scotland. The Go Walks were great for the airport and city sidewalks but not good for cobblestone streets. I ended up wearing sneakers much of the time. The sole was thicker and they gave more support.

Respected Contributor
On 3/9/2015 SANNA said:
On 3/8/2015 birkin baby said: I'm facing this dilemma in two weeks but I am going to London.I will probably wear UGG short boots on plane. I will wear dressy ankle booties for the both nights of theater and other nicer thingd. I have no idea what I will take for museums,walking,shopping,etc. I am perplexed.
Hi, for museums and general tuning around London sneakers or UGGs are fine. U need nice shoes there only if you go fine dining or to have tea at an elegant place. And for a theater of course. London is very busy, casual and less elegant than I thought it would be. I dress my best in France and some places in Italy. Have a nice trip
Thank you for the input. I haven't been to London since the 80's! Then it was all nightclubs,the Smiths,Doc Martens, etc..lol. I'm going to some fancy restaurants and the theatre. I'm also a runner so I may just use my black asics kayano do double duty as my museum-walking and exercise shoes. They are pretty new and look very good. Thanks again.
Honored Contributor

Go Walks will kill you on the cobblestone. Don't waste the space with them. Take your most comfortable black or brown shoes. Ones that you would not feel the cobblestones with. You will be walking the whole time. It will rain and be overcast. The best trip I have ever had was to Ireland. Enjoy yourself and take pictures.

Frequent Contributor
On 3/9/2015 Zita said:On 3/8/2015 So Happy Girl said:

You are so lucky to have a home in Ireland! Where is it and is it a townhouse-type, a cottage, an apt? I have traveled quite a bit and have been twice to Ireland (once in spring, once in fall), and all the advice given is right on. Don't pack too much! Anything you need is right there. Enjoy!

My home is on the northeastern shore of Northern Ireland, Antrim county. It's near The Giant's Causeway and DunLuce Castle. It's all farmland, sheep, cliffs and ocean. It looks like a postcard. I bought a stone home with dirt floors but now I am building a very nice home there that will look over the North Channel to Scotland.

Frequent Contributor

Back to footwear and flying.

DO wear compression socks on the long flights and as a suggestion, my one pair of 'shoes' that I wear are a pair of knee high Born boots with a 1 3/4 heel. I also pack a pair of Tieks for when I am in my apartment or hotel. The boots give you a lot of support, especially on rough surfaces.

Trusted Contributor

You will love your Sketcher Go Walks, I live in mine. Have you ever worn TravelTime mules by Easy Spirit? http://www.easyspirit.com/clogs-women-traveltime/2860839,default,pd.html They are wonderful comfortable shoes that are easy on/easy off with no break-in needed. Have a great trip!

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.