Honored Contributor

Re: Shoe Shopping with Jane.....

I’ve read that a large percentage of all the shoes sold via Internet are returned.   Some styles get returned more than others - wonder how much that determines what a shopping channel chooses to show?

Trusted Contributor

The Lexi? Oh no!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Catch71 LOL Did they retire that style? She must be devastated! 😆 

Honored Contributor

@Secretariat1 wrote:

Week after week, Jane manages to find the most boring, unattractive and ho-hum selection of shoes to present....of all the gorgeous shoes there are on the market, her picks all look alike....flat or one-inch, closed toe or sneaker. Maybe she could start trying to appeal to more than one demographic for a change.

@Secretariat1 Look down next time you are in the grocery store.  That's the kind of shoes I buy and wear.  Every day.  I'll never buy another pair of heels again.  I don't have to wear them and a suit to work any more.

There are tons of beautiful shoes, high heels etc. all over the place.  But most feet are wearing what QVC sells.  Most women don't wear heels much--especially now.  Why would QVC stock an inventory that may or may not sell and take time to present them to a more limited market?

I don't see that as QVC's target market. 

Honored Contributor

I agree with others that QVC chooses what shoes to present - not JT.

Trusted Contributor

It's the QVC buyers that determine what products are bought and put on air.  Hosts have mentioned in the past that they have input, or help "design" a product.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner is 100% correct. High heels for most females - of ANY age - are becoming less worn or rather selectively worn just for special occasions. This is called "progress" folks. Comfortable, functional, and attractive shoes should be available and worn by women, too (mens styles and fashion have always had this luxury, common sense approach - not wearing high heels). I applaud QVC for being ahead of the curve. And, no, just to be really clear.....it is NOT an age issue. In fact (before pandemic)  the only people I ever used to see wearing heels were middle aged to older women. So, to my eyes, wearing high heels makes you look really dated and, perhaps, older.

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@Secretariat1 wrote:

Week after week, Jane manages to find the most boring, unattractive and ho-hum selection of shoes to present....of all the gorgeous shoes there are on the market, her picks all look alike....flat or one-inch, closed toe or sneaker. Maybe she could start trying to appeal to more than one demographic for a change.

Agree. QVC presents the ugliest shoes I have ever seen. They are geared to older women, many with foot issues. 

Thinking about it...the demographic these type shoes are maybe being marketed to, watch on tv (my dearly departed mom..only watched QVC on tv...didn't ever own a computer)..I realize it's not everyone but Q probably knows it's demos for tv viewership vs. online shoppers...so these are for them. I still think Q's tv demographic skews older. Again...not trying to stereotype any age group etc, but that IS what marketers try to do. And I agree...Jane is showing shoes that are likely decided among merchandise/buying depts to go on air.

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

@Still Stylish Lady No offense toward you but those boots look like something a "working" girl would wear.

@chessylady , really?  

Honored Contributor

I'm sure Jane doesn't select them for the show.  However, I suspect she wears them in real life.