New Contributor

Re: Shoe Shopping with Grandma, I mean Jayne~

Hahahahaha--- grandma

Esteemed Contributor

@brunette. I read your post and you did mention the shoes but the title of your post is unmistakable. You could have reworded the title if you didn't want it misconstrued. I am not alone - others here read the same thing.

Respected Contributor

On 4/18/2014 brunette8706 said:

Well easy! If you would have opened my thread the first sentence refers to QVC shoes not Jane. Did YOU EVEN READ what I posted? I guess not. Every single shoe that was hosted last night was a velcro style strap flat shoe. Yes, they would be good for someone that has bad feet. But they should show a variety of styles, something for everyone. They clearly didnt. The show was clearly aimed for people with bad feet or someone that is on their feet all day. And that's fine, but show some other more FASHIONABLE STYLES!

This isn't the case -- the lineup included three wedges (an Earth slide, a BOC Born slide, and the OTO espadrille wedge), a flat canvas shoe by Softspots, a Clark's Lexi sandal, an Orthaheel slide, and a Ryka thong sandal. Nothing super dressy, but there was definitely some variety.

Respected Contributor

On 4/18/2014 lolakimono said:
On 4/18/2014 sparklestar said:
On 4/18/2014 Iwantcoffee said:

Grandma needs shoes too. Every business does not need to cater to the young and hip. If that is you, Neiman Marcus has something you might like.

OMG ... love those. What brand?

Charlotte Olympia- $795

I just fainted.{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Valued Contributor

Why do you keep watching the shoe shoes if you know they are not for you? Why torture yourself? Not the hosts fault and they sell what they are told to sell and maybe get to choose some of them but not all.

Not all shoes are for everyone. Not too long ago I bought a Clark pair of shoes and love them. Too bad I didn't buy two and one in a different color. You never know.

So many places to shop and guess I don't see why more people don't shop around. QVC is just one place I shop.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/18/2014 lousgirl84 said:

@brunette. I read your post and you did mention the shoes but the title of your post is unmistakable. You could have reworded the title if you didn't want it misconstrued. I am not alone - others here read the same thing.

And others have read what I keep reiterating. Sorry, if the shoe thread regarding the shoes offends you but this is a Forum to discuss clothings, shoes and I thought FASHION. I did not like the shoes that were presented. If that offends you I'm sorry.

Super Contributor

On 4/18/2014 insomniac said:

When will people learn to spell either "Jane" or "Jayne" so that it refers to the correct person?

They've both been on-air a very long time.

ITA! This drives me crazy. Spell the names right!!

Jane Treacy happens to be one of my favorite hosts, Jayne Brown is my least favorite host, but I knew what the OP meant, that the shoes are grandma shoes and for the most part, I agree and it's the same old shoes all the time. But there is a time and a place for everything, for everyday, I like Clarks. Those Charlotte Olympia shoes for $800 posted above are nice but they would get worn maybe once a year to an event where you would be sitting. I can't see running around in those every day and don't think most people do.

Super Contributor

Truly old lady shoes! I may be old but those shoes look like some style from the 50s. Who would wear them?

Contributor

omg your post is what I was thinking Q plz plz update your shoe show!!!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Perhaps OP & the others who so dislike Q's shoe offerings should band together & lobby QVC for more brands more to their liking, providing names, styles, colors, etc. Seriously. Bombard QVC shoe buyers with your preferences.