Honored Contributor

Re: Shoe Shopping with Grandma, I mean Jayne~

Looks like Q is trying to expand its consumer demographics with the "attempt" of the GILI shoe line as one example. A very poorly executed attempt...I bought two pairs, returned both due to horrible sizing & quality issues. Hopefully they will successfully expand their offering with better quality as well as competitive pricing. GILI shoes are overpriced. The shoes on Jane's show are not my style but obviously there is a demand otherwise how could they justify the show? Looking forward to more diverse offerings.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

They're selling to their largest demographic.

Super Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@brunette. I don't care how many times you say you didn't call Jane Treacy Grandma, your original post title says otherwise. Apparently YOU did not read my previous post wherein I acknowledged that the body of your post was referring to the shoes, the title of your post speaks for itself - no matter how many times you doth protest (too much I might add).

Esteemed Contributor

Chi-Town girl said:

Looks like Q is trying to expand its consumer demographics with the "attempt" of the GILI shoe line as one example. A very poorly executed attempt...I bought two pairs, returned both due to horrible sizing & quality issues. Hopefully they will successfully expand their offering with better quality as well as competitive pricing. GILI shoes are overpriced. The shoes on Jane's show are not my style but obviously there is a demand otherwise how could they justify the show? Looking forward to more diverse offerings.

Apparently the major portion of their demographic loves the shoes they sell, just as much as Denim & Co is their best selling clothing line. I wouldn't buy it and personally think it is ugly, and I don't buy most of their shoes. Once in a while I have found shoes I like but mostly it was during the FFANY season

Respected Contributor

On 4/18/2014 Iwantcoffee said:

QVC does not need to diversify their offering. I should not go to a vegan restaurant and complain their is no steak. I'll go to a steakhouse for that. Every business has a target market. If QVC does not appeal, their are many other places to shop.

This is true. And I do my shoe shopping elsewhere. DSW carries a TON of different styles for everyone, including grandmas and teens, and yes, even ME! I guess DSW's target market is people with feet.

Respected Contributor

On 4/18/2014 lousgirl84 said:

@brunette. I don't care how many times you say you didn't call Jane Treacy Grandma, your original post title says otherwise. Apparently YOU did not read my previous post wherein I acknowledged that the body of your post was referring to the shoes, the title of your post speaks for itself - no matter how many times you doth protest (too much I might add).

I agree. She knew exactly what she was doing. Of course her remarks on another thread making fun of Jane's clothing was probably an error too.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

On 4/18/2014 lousgirl84 said:

Yep......the title says it all!

Esteemed Contributor

I am a 67 year old grandmother and I wouldn't be caught dead in a majority of the shoes QVC sells. You don't have to sacrifice style for comfort. In Jane's defense, she is not the buyer. She has to sell what someone else decided to offer QVC customers.
Respected Contributor

This is the only shoe I saw on the show. I think it's cute and would have ordered if a wide width was available. If anyone purchased the Susan Graver TSV in navy this would look really cute. Also, a red bag and navy polish {#emotions_dlg.tt1} I guess a top is optional. LOL

B.O.C. by Born Rae Leather Slide Wedges with Printed Heels