Super Contributor

Re: Shoe Shopping with Grandma, I mean Jayne~

I just cringe when she slips those shoes on her bare feet. So unsanitary!!!!

Occasional Contributor

On 4/18/2014 Happy Elizabeth said:

Kind of unfair to blame Jane for QVC's obsession with frumpy shoes.

Exactly

Respected Contributor

Grandma needs shoes too. Every business does not need to cater to the young and hip. If that is you, Neiman Marcus has something you might like.

Regular Contributor

QVC doesn't cater to the "old and frumpy"...it caters to people...period. It does actually offer something for everyone...even in fashion...it offers basics, it offers a variety of shoe styles, it offers lovely gift items...there is no need at all to be sarcastic, snarky or just plain rude and classless when offering criticism. It is unfortunate that so many can't seem to help themselves!
Respected Contributor

On 4/18/2014 brunette8706 said:
On 4/17/2014 sparklestar said:
On 4/17/2014 maisysiobhan said:

Jane seems like a happy, gracious lady.

If you want to start a thread, clearly designed more to be nasty about a Host, than a product, there are worse things to be called than Grandma.

Yes Jane does seem happy and gracious. I enjoy her presentations. I may not care for the shoe selection, but that is no reason to take shots at Jane. However, the OP seems to think she's quite the fashion "expert" around here (if you've read a number of her posts).

OH my GOSH! I did NOT take "shots" at Jane Tracey, I have "Grandma" in the title to refer to the SHOES NOT JANE. You misconstrued what I was trying to convey, plus I do like Jane (sorry misspelled Jane as Jayne). Anyway, just wanted to clear that up. Thanks!

Well, actually, the OP was the one who replaced JANE's name with GRANDMA, so I wouldn't say anyone misconstrued what was said, rather, the OP didn't accurately convey her message. I'm glad she cleared it up.

I have to say that for the most part QVC concentrates their line of shoe offerings with shoes what can be described as "comfortable" and "practical", over shoes that would be described as "hip" or "stylish". I don't understand why they can't make more of an effort to diversify their offerings. I never watch the shoe shows because I know they don't have anything I'm interested in.

Respected Contributor

If you want to start a thread, clearly designed more to be nasty about a Host, than a product, there are worse things to be called than Grandma.

Yes Jane does seem happy and gracious. I enjoy her presentations. I may not care for the shoe selection, but that is no reason to take shots at Jane. However, the OP seems to think she's quite the fashion "expert" around here (if you've read a number of her posts).

OH my GOSH! I did NOT take "shots" at Jane Tracey, I have "Grandma" in the title to refer to the SHOES NOT JANE. You misconstrued what I was trying to convey, plus I do like Jane (sorry misspelled Jane as Jayne). Anyway, just wanted to clear that up. Thanks!

You referred to Jane as opposed to Grandma, not the shoes. "Shoe shopping with Grandma, I mean Jane."

Respected Contributor

On 4/18/2014 Iwantcoffee said:

Grandma needs shoes too. Every business does not need to cater to the young and hip. If that is you, Neiman Marcus has something you might like.

OMG ... love those. What brand?

Honored Contributor

On 4/18/2014 sparklestar said:
On 4/18/2014 Iwantcoffee said:

OMG ... love those. What brand?

Charlotte Olympia- $795

Respected Contributor

On 4/18/2014 suzeecat said:

Well, actually, the OP was the one who replaced JANE's name with GRANDMA, so I wouldn't say anyone misconstrued what was said, rather, the OP didn't accurately convey her message. I'm glad she cleared it up.

I have to say that for the most part QVC concentrates their line of shoe offerings with shoes what can be described as "comfortable" and "practical", over shoes that would be described as "hip" or "stylish". I don't understand why they can't make more of an effort to diversify their offerings. I never watch the shoe shows because I know they don't have anything I'm interested in.

QVC does not need to diversify their offering. I should not go to a vegan restaurant and complain their is no steak. I'll go to a steakhouse for that. Every business has a target market. If QVC does not appeal, their are many other places to shop.

Esteemed Contributor

@maisysiobhan. I agree. I don't why it is necessary for people to be so nasty in their comments about the hosts. It's constant and it is just tactless and tasteless. Jane is a bit overly cheery in her presentations and I am not overjoyed by it but I just turn it off. I admit the shoes they show on QVC are not the highest of fashion and I rarely if ever buy shoes from QvC, but to bash these hosts and call them Grandma is so immature and mean. I don't have children or grandchildren but most grandparents I know are proud to be called Grandma. I suspect the OP is some young or fairly young and obviously immature and could use a lesson in some basic manners