Honored Contributor

Re: Shirt tied around the waist

I could see more if it were a sweater rather than a shirt. I'm not familiar with the latter.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA I am happy for my "big" hips.  Not something I feel a need to hide...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never tied a shirt around my waist. I don't particularly care for it, but I have seen it out and about in summer time. It doesn't bother me if others do it. I see this done more often with cardigans. I've done it myself a few times with a cardigan or hoodie because I was hot, removed it, and was tired of carrying it over my arm, but it's just not something I would normally do. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've done that when on a walk, and the temperature was a bit too warm.

Instead of draping the sweater/top over my shoulders (too warm), I tied it on my waist.  A lot cooler that way.

Also, I sometimes do wear a lightweight sweater over my shoulders when I see that the temperature is beginning to cool down, perhaps even cooler later on. 

I'm not a fan of carrying around (with my hand) an extra piece of clothing.  Or carrying a tote around. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

No, that is not "styling." That is just trying to make a sack dress look better than it really is. You don't take your sweater and tie it around you dress before you leave for work or wherever you are going. In reality that is done on the run or as I said. To make something dull look better.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper  Agreed. I would have to get a belt.  Per the length of the dress.  Why isn't there a petite?  I'm 5'4" and I wear my skirts the way the models do....above the knee.  I like my knees (and the legs)  Although most of the posters probably complain the length is too short.  They want to hide their knees.

@songbird 

It's almost artful the way you manage to work in self congratulations and an insult to the rest of us into nearly every post!

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper  Agreed. I would have to get a belt.  Per the length of the dress.  Why isn't there a petite?  I'm 5'4" and I wear my skirts the way the models do....above the knee.  I like my knees (and the legs)  Although most of the posters probably complain the length is too short.  They want to hide their knees.

@songbird 

It's almost artful the way you manage to work in self congratulations and an insult to the rest of us into nearly every post!

The DO complain....bitterly.  They want long dresses, QVC gives them that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@songbird 

@Andreatoo   I think that one "flew" right over her head LOL.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I used to wear the cardigan on my back with sleeves tied around my neck.  I haven't done it in awhile though.

Trusted Contributor

Looks about as awful as the ridiculous"half-tuck!"  Half-tucks look so sloppy and in no way does it show style.  Looks like you just got out of bed and and slept in your shirt.